Pages:
Author

Topic: $100 of bitcoin in 2010 is worth $75 million today - page 5. (Read 2291 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
thanks gosh I have invested in BTC when it costed $590  Cool
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
   In today's world,bitcoin is definitely an unmatchable investment.I bought my first bitcoin last year when its price was just $650.Today,its price is almost $3,704.It is a decentralized currency not backed by any country,but still it has gained trust of people all over the world.But sad thing is that some people become victims of FUD spread voluntarily by big whales to create panic among investors.Recently,we saw JP Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon commented bitcoin as a fraud which resulted in a fall of bitcoin price.Bitcoin has already crossed eight years successfully and the sad thing is that we still rely on such person's tweets for evaluating bitcoin's potential.
Activity: 490
Yes exactly, if you really believe and invested 2 when the time it was started then you are lucky enough now if you still holding it, because surely it will make you millionare now. How unlucky I was, because I was not able to know bitcoin on its first year.
Activity: 854
Merit: 100
Yeah, I missed the bitcoin thing back then. If only I have a decent access to the internet back then. Well, there are lots of altcoins in existence now so better choose your coin carefully as to which can skyrocket in a few months or years.
Activity: 438
Merit: 266
So we aren't too late even now, you still have chances to become future millionaire. The buying opportunity will last few years because Bitcoin is now like Internet in 1991.
Activity: 972
Merit: 255
Bear season or just the beginning
Yes I do agree but when would be the right time? I think as long as you have the capital for investment, anytime would be the right time to make a good investment. If today you will invest $100 worth of Bitcoin then for sure after 7 years it will be worth more than that.
Activity: 1078
http://unidapp.app
There's no question that it's been a good investment, particularly if you bought at the right time.

It's more important when you sold. How many of these people do you think have held on their coins till now? And how many knew about Bitcoin in 2010? Some nerdy computer guys fucking around with their hardware and figuring out stuff on their own that's how many lol. Plus it's very easy to draw conclusions after the fact lol.
I think there are very few people who can keep Bitcoin at this time because they tend to sell when they make a profit and buy when it's cheap. If anyone buys BTC in 2010 and keeps 2017 then surely they are enjoying their life without doing anything.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
For example it is indeed true that:
100$ invested in  2010 would give you back 75 millions now, but
100$ invested in  2013 (december) and you will "only" have 350$ now.
It's very easy to pick the right investment when you're looking back. Therein lies a big risk: people tend to easily assume it will continue, the recent altcoin bubble is a nice example of people jumping on the train because of FOMO (fear of missing out).
Common sense dictates anything that increases 10% per day in value can't last.
Activity: 686
Merit: 107
Yes, bitcoin's potential was very big that time but only few people believed. Bitcoin is still a great investment today but not as great as it was years before. There are other coin's that could follow the line that bitcoin made, I believe in the potential of those, that like bitcoin its price would jump at an unpredictable rate.
Activity: 261
Merit: 15
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
There's no question that it's been a good investment, particularly if you bought at the right time.

Now is a perfect time to buy bitcoin, Why? because in the coming year bitcoin will be even more expensive, maybe fattening market capitalization. where large investors are coming in. Digitalization is growing, and we are now entering the era of digitalization.  Lips sealed
Activity: 303
Indeed, if we all had the benefit of foresight, you could also have invested in Nokia, Kodak, Blockbuster etc in 2010 and that would be worthless now - but there is no point in regretting what we did/or did not do in 2010. We can however control what we do now for the coming decade. Decide what the future need to look like and start working towards that end. If you think BTC will feature in 2027 then maybe $100 worth of today's BTC might be a nice investment for 10 years time, I doubt you will see the same magnitude of rise, but it might be worth $1,000 - no reason BTC wont go to $50,000 in 10 years - if it survives, then again it might go to 0.

This is the same chance that someone in 2010 took.
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

It's more important when you sold. How many of these people do you think have held on their coins till now? And how many knew about Bitcoin in 2010? Some nerdy computer guys fucking around with their hardware and figuring out stuff on their own that's how many lol. Plus it's very easy to draw conclusions after the fact lol.
Activity: 952
Today is not too late. Bitcoin is still young. Many people from the future would have a regret why they didnt by Bitcoin during 2017 when Bitcoin is only $3000. In the future 1 satoshi might be a dollar or a future cents lols. Who knows?
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
Well, many people regret for not buying BTC in 2010. However, it is understandable that BTC was new and people tends to have doubts. It is the same for other cryptocurrencies.

It is still not late to own BTC and other cryptocurrencies. 

Yeah but nobody will see back those numbers

For example it is indeed true that:
100$ invested in  2010 would give you back 75 millions now, but
100$ invested in  2013 (december) and you will "only" have 350$ now.

The rate of return is going down and a lot of us won't see, not million but x1000 returns.
And remember, no one lives forever to wait for those returns.
Activity: 322
Make A Bet on WORKING SOFTWARE
Cryptos will go MUCH higher.

However, nobody knows if Bitcoin will stay in the lead.

The total market cap of cryptos is still tiny compared to other asset classes, such as:

*  cryptos:  $0.2 trllion
*  gold:  $7 trillion
*  stocks  $70 trillion
*  fixed income  $199 trillion
*  derivatives  $630 trillion

Activity: 602
Merit: 252
That right there is the power of multiplicity, a force to be reckoned with. Expect it to go even more further and break more barriers as it is heading only in one direction, North!
How I wish I saved the 1 BTC that I acquired in 2014 when it was around $300 and today, it would've been over 10x that price.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
If you are one of the earliest person who did able to believe on bitcoins potential and did able to buy or mine as much as you can then for sure you are now swimming on millions of dollars.Regrets are there why we didnt able to know bitcoin why its still young and now we do see the price rose up too much but still i agree on those people who do said above that engaging on bitcoin isnt still late yet.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
The thing is, practically nobody apart from Satoshi Nakamoto has held their coins for that entire time. Most people would have sold when they doubled their money. Some when their $100 was worth $10,000.

That's the nature of these investments - hardly anyone holds for the entire duration.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
That's assuming people who managed to buy Bitcoin, or obtain it through minting, have kept their coins all the way till now. Some times you see articles pop up from people suddenly claiming to be a millionaire because they bought a certain amount of coins in 2010/2011, but there is no actual proof that it is in fact like that. Other than that, it's pointless to compare current levels with how things were in 2010, because only a very few people had the opportunity to enter the Bitcoin world at that period of time. On top of that, if you bought a huge load of coins for a few cents a piece, you would likely have sold them at $1 a piece, or $5 a piece, or $10 a piece, etc. Focus on what you can do now and keep holding and keep accumulating.
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 2148

In 2010 no one heard about Bitcoin, it was just a small community of enthusiasts, so it shouldn't be strange that it increased in value so much - it grew from near-zero to thousands of dollars per coin. On traditional markets this doesn't happen because assets have some initial price, so when people unfamiliar with Bitcoin look at charts, they think that it's a bubble, because for them it grows too much and too fast. But still Bitcoin remains somewhat risky, so it's advisable to invest only sums that you can afford to lose.
Pages:
Jump to: