Pages:
Author

Topic: $1000 to spend on coins. 5 years exile on a desert island. what do you buy? (Read 169 times)

Activity: 229
Merit: 0
You can buy Ethereum because now is very low cost but you can make a big profit in the future..Ethereum has a good perspectiveYou can buy also a low coins with a solid teams or you can invest in NEO I believe these altcoins will make you more profitable.
Activity: 75
My choice is still bitcoin, its value is stored, like gold, so I will only invest in Bitcoin for $1,000. A lot of coins will decay in 5 years, but Bitcoin will never. I will always insist and wait patiently.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
I'll put 80% of that $1,000 to the top 4 in the list of Coinmarketcap and it will be divided equally. The remaining 20% will go to an ICO that is highly recommended by someone who is known a trader, investor and provides good technical analysis. Long term investment is good and chances of those coins to be delisted is very low since its on the top 5.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
I'll go for Ethereum, Litecoin and Bitcoin. I believe Ethereum and litecoin has more chance to grow in 5 years then Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the pioneer but has flaws and those flaws will make other currencies go past it soon. In 5 years time i think bitcoin won't be the champion it is now.

maybe the big and unknown decider is how traditional markets and institutions decide to treat the various coins.

they may decide bitcoin is it and everything else is of less interest to them. in that case there'll be a two tier market. or they might decide everything in the top 20-50 is fair game. ether way they will have no interest in any coin's use as a currency.

I don't trust any newest coins. Old guard only

this is wise. i might be inclined to put a small fraction into newer stuff but i would have the full expectation they'd be worthless when i came back. there are certain coins that aren't going anywhere no matter what but not many. i'd say 95% of everything on coinmarketcap will be dead and forgotten by then, maybe more.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 622
That would actually be a great opportunity to buy as much Bitcoin as you can and keep yourself from selling it. I think that the price will increase significantly. After the first fall in 2013-2014 when BTC reached 1,000$ for the first time it took 2 years to recover the price again, and after that the price started to increase precipitately. My theory is that to everything that appears new on the market and attract people the interest (therefore demand) grows exponentially. So if it took 2 years then, now it should take about a year and this interim will only keep decreasing. Other investments (like real estate, stocks) are too risky, because they're fixed on something material and you don't know what can happen to it after 5 years, while BTC is digital and it's its main advantage in this case.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 102
I'll go for Ethereum, Litecoin and Bitcoin. I believe Ethereum and litecoin has more chance to grow in 5 years then Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the pioneer but has flaws and those flaws will make other currencies go past it soon. In 5 years time i think bitcoin won't be the champion it is now.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 529
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
For 5years, there is one winner here, that is Bitcoin, 5  years is a long time in the life of crypto, BTC has proven is can stand the text of time, I think Linda effect is in play here, no other coin has proven so and as long as BTC dominance still continue to drive the space there is no other coin to invest for that long if not BTC
phm
Activity: 378
Merit: 110
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
I don't want diversification in this case. With such sum it's profitable high risk for island - targets. Need to make high-risk investment. i don't sure that XMR or BNB will give such value. BTC? ETC? Or some coins from NEO, XEM, OMG, Qtum? I don't trust any newest coins. Old guard only
Activity: 221
you have a grand to spend and then you're off to a desert island with no contact from the outside world for five years.

which coins will still be alive by then and which will be thriving? as i'm on the conservative end of things i'd only go for bitcoin myself. in half a decade an insane amount will have changed.

what about you?
I seem to agree with you that bitcoin is the right choice for the long term. But if I have to diversify, I choose Ethereum in second place, and NEO is in third place. I think five years is a very long time, and I believe with the coins.
Activity: 134
Merit: 2
Vi veri veniversum vivus vici
With such a long timespan I would go for half in bitcoin / ETH and the rest in something that gives ROI like KuCoin shares or a pos coin, there are many, so you get some extra returns Wink

Good luck Smiley
Activity: 177
Merit: 11
Lacoste
Perhaps most people choose to buy BTC, even me.
I don't trust the rest, except ETH.
Activity: 70
you have a grand to spend and then you're off to a desert island with no contact from the outside world for five years.

which coins will still be alive by then and which will be thriving? as i'm on the conservative end of things i'd only go for bitcoin myself. in half a decade an insane amount will have changed.

what about you?
My pick Eos, Stellar, ONT, NEM, NEO. If I invest for 5 years, I will not risk and look for not popular coins, because in 5 years the market can change very much. But I think that these coins will remain, because they have good teams, a good product and I think a good future. But in fact, if I invested for such a long period, I would choose only Bitcoin, because only in it I'm sure.
Activity: 812
Merit: 10
BountyMarketCap
For me answer is very easy, if i will face such a situation i will quickly grab only bitcoin and ethereum because im very confident about both of them, they are also the biggest coins in the market, secondly new coins are risky you never know when they loose volume and interest but bitcoin and ethereum are rock solid and are here to stay and grow over long term.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18586
anything exchange related i'd be less enamored myself. binance is only a year old. i expect exchanges to be run by massive heavyweights in a few more years.

Fair points. I've always been impressed with how well Binance communicate with the community and their fast response to any problems or issues. Their market share is increasing, their profits are increasing and they are opening new offices in new countries. If any exchange today is going to survive the next 5 years, I think it's them. I understand where you are coming from, but I'd still pick BNB over the majority of overhyped, overpriced alts like Tron or EOS.
Activity: 532
Merit: 168
hello there
50% BTC,50% ETH. Bitcoin is the father of all, and whenever it moves, most of the time it takes the market together ... ETH is the root of the great majority of projects,if it breaks, all breaks Cool.

Activity: 453
Merit: 100
I would rather say all on bitcoin, but I'am gonna say Pivx!! because it's great, and if you don't want people to know how much you have it's way better.
Activity: 308
Merit: 1
If I had to buy a cryptocurrency and go to the island. I would buy the top 5 Bitcoin, Ethereum, ripples, bitokoyn Cash, EOS, well, and still TRON took. And if you take one coin and take bitcoin.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
5 years is a huge time for cryptography. During this period, anything can happen. But according to forecasts, the crypto currency will enter our life even more. And that's why I would buy bitcoin. It is he who is the first crypto currency and has been leading the market in the crypto currency since its foundation.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
I'm probably going all in on BTC. If I was forced to spread out, I might drop $100 in to Monero (as the best privacy coin it will likely have a larger demand in 5 years as government surveillance continues to increase) and $100 in to BNB (essentially like a share in Binance - being the largest exchange, if crypto grows then it is likely to grow as well).

those are both good calls. i would definitely consider monero.

anything exchange related i'd be less enamored myself. binance is only a year old. i expect exchanges to be run by massive heavyweights in a few more years.

i guess if binance can stay on top and ahead they'll be in with a shot but exchanges are licences to print money and that won't go unnoticed for long.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
bitcoin is the father of cryptocurrency, I would bet most of it
Pages:
Jump to: