Pages:
Author

Topic: $100K Bitcoin Prediction Using Math. - page 2. (Read 1526 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
August 17, 2017, 04:04:26 PM

In the beginning of Bitcoin, did difficulty rise first or did price? The answer is difficulty.
August 17, 2017, 02:28:26 PM

Good point. Hashrate must follow the price.

Bitcoin launched at $0.

According to that logic, the difficulty would never increase, because for the difficulty to rise: Bitcoin would first have to be worth something!

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
August 17, 2017, 02:18:47 PM
He is always saying price has to follow hashrate/difficulty. But that is completely wrong.
Hasrate follows price!!
If price goes down significantly over longer period of time, miners will shut down some of their mining hardware, therefore hashrate decreases and difficulty goes down.
If price later goes up again, miners will switch on these mining hardware again cause it's getting more profitable again, therefore hasrate increases and difficulty goes up. This is Bitcoin mining 101!

Good point. Hashrate must follow the price. This is why the miners don't decide the fork, the market ultimately decides the fork. The miners would need to have 100% hashrate while the other chain has 0% hashrate so the market would be frozen, but that never happens, on every split there's always some hashrate on the other end to set a market.

This is why segwit2x will fall again, just like BCash.
August 17, 2017, 10:19:04 AM
He is always saying price has to follow hashrate/difficulty...

Yes, in other words: miners decide the price.

This kid is pretty intelligent..

thank you to the positivity

Not everything in our life follows mathematical formulas..

Not everything, yes; minor fluctuations in short term Bitcoin market price being a prime example.

hope you are right ,i can not wait  ,when $100k ,i will be rich

I am right.

Sharing this video with a few people who has no idea how the difficulty and rewards to miners work

Thank you, I hope they enjoy it.

I would assume the same concept applies to BitcoinCash

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/bitcoin%20cash-hashrate.html

Probably.
Activity: 420
Merit: 255
August 17, 2017, 05:39:46 AM
Not everything in our life follows mathematical formulas. Mathematics is based on permanent values. Everything in life depends on the case or the situation. Most of the supporters of bitcoin are market conditions and the appearance of any other currency that is more promising betray bitcoin and he will die.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
August 17, 2017, 05:12:56 AM
He is always saying price has to follow hashrate/difficulty. But that is completely wrong.
Hasrate follows price!!
If price goes down significantly over longer period of time, miners will shut down some of their mining hardware, therefore hashrate decreases and difficulty goes down.
If price later goes up again, miners will switch on these mining hardware again cause it's getting more profitable again, therefore hasrate increases and difficulty goes up. This is Bitcoin mining 101!
Activity: 843
Merit: 1001
August 17, 2017, 03:54:11 AM
 hope you are right ,i can not wait  ,when $100k ,i will be rich
Activity: 5
August 17, 2017, 02:06:46 AM
Sharing this video with a few people who has no idea how the difficulty and rewards to miners work
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
August 17, 2017, 01:51:47 AM

Thanks for posting. I would assume the same concept applies to BitcoinCash also. So maybe the best way to determine if BCC's price will increase is also to wait for an increase in the hash rate.

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/bitcoin%20cash-hashrate.html
Activity: 44
August 17, 2017, 12:46:34 AM
This kid is pretty intelligent. Finally someone is denouncing the general conception of market movements based solely on price.
Pages:
Jump to: