Author

Topic: 1080Ti Specific - Best mining option - page 176. (Read 409660 times)

Activity: 223
Merit: 100
October 30, 2017, 06:59:11 PM
guys how many kw spend per day with 6x 1080ti ?24hrs ?

(150-250W depends on the clocks and volts and algos) * 6 *24 /1000
Activity: 165
October 30, 2017, 06:49:52 PM
guys how many kw spend per day with 6x 1080ti ?24hrs ?
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
October 30, 2017, 06:05:10 PM
People, will someone please help me with my problem, I've been writing for days and got no useful answer. I've tried mining zcoin with my 6xGtx 1080ti Asus strix rig and after some time miner crashes saying "the launch timed out and was terminaterd". I am mining at miningpoolhub, I tried different version of ccminer (regular, cuda9), tried different version of drivers and tried installing cuda 9. I tried different clocks (from those which people suggested to stock settings, even underclock and nothing helps). It cant be the problem with hardware because it works perfectly for months with much higher clock mining zcash. What exactly "the launch timed out and was terminaterd" means, what kind of problem is that? After it crashes I dont need to restart Pc, just start the bat file again and it works normaly for 15-60 minutes and crashes again. Please help

When one of my card went wrong then the EWBF miner still worked (with some reject rate) but the ccminer failed instantly.
Try to run 2 ccminer instances with 2 GPU groups. With the "-d" switch you can specify the GPUs.
So: 1st ccminer instance: "ccminer.exe -d 0,1,2 -o ..." 2nd ccminer instance: "ccminer.exe -d 3,4,5 -o ..."
If one of your instance fails but the other goes well then you might have a faulty card. If both fail then still a generic issue.
Activity: 118
Merit: 11
October 30, 2017, 05:55:36 PM
People, will someone please help me with my problem, I've been writing for days and got no useful answer. I've tried mining zcoin with my 6xGtx 1080ti Asus strix rig and after some time miner crashes saying "the launch timed out and was terminaterd". I am mining at miningpoolhub, I tried different version of ccminer (regular, cuda9), tried different version of drivers and tried installing cuda 9. I tried different clocks (from those which people suggested to stock settings, even underclock and nothing helps). It cant be the problem with hardware because it works perfectly for months with much higher clock mining zcash. What exactly "the launch timed out and was terminaterd" means, what kind of problem is that? After it crashes I dont need to restart Pc, just start the bat file again and it works normaly for 15-60 minutes and crashes again. Please help

Try the set memory at minimum possible (msi afterburner -502).

Edit : already tested, my fault.
Activity: 180
October 30, 2017, 04:50:53 PM
Activity: 224
October 30, 2017, 06:36:08 AM
Have you guys tried BTCZ? Similar to bitcoin gold but without the scam. Solid project IMHO.

21 billions coins with whales having already  at least 250 000 000 of them , so no, its not a solid project.

Activity: 168
October 30, 2017, 04:41:54 AM
Aaaaah, VTC... I remember when it was trading at $12 right after the launch, almost 4 years ago. I've believed in that coin, I've mined it when it was on Scrypt-N algo... but it just too too long (or I wasn't patient enough). Oh well.

I'm just praying it skyrockets and bring the price of hash up with it.

I didn't like the mining system at first but I gotta say it's nice to have a very difficult to abuse decentralized pool system
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
October 30, 2017, 04:07:36 AM
Aaaaah, VTC... I remember when it was trading at $12 right after the launch, almost 4 years ago. I've believed in that coin, I've mined it when it was on Scrypt-N algo... but it just too too long (or I wasn't patient enough). Oh well.
Activity: 168
October 30, 2017, 03:40:50 AM
I'm mining VTC only because this coin is so strong it will probably hit 10 USD soon

Zcoin also looks very strong. But I don't think it can stay strong if BTC hits 7k
Activity: 728
Merit: 106
October 30, 2017, 02:57:48 AM
Several of these guys come here from time to time to say they're making 50/60% more daily profit than the actual value. Just don't believe them and don't feed them. Whattomine gives you a rough estimate, you can get maybe a dollar more than what's showing there but not 50% more, ignore these clowns.
Yes yes. Don't trust these clowns mine ethereum and zec only.
Activity: 462
October 30, 2017, 12:37:40 AM
Have you guys tried BTCZ? Similar to bitcoin gold but without the scam. Solid project IMHO.

Currently mining BTCZ at 680 sols (equihash) and 160+ watts using EWBF's miner.
Total revenue is currently at $3+ per day per 1080ti.
Earlier was getting 1000 BTCZ/card. Now difficulty has been increased

Yes it doesn't worth it anymore.

Activity: 39
October 30, 2017, 12:01:28 AM

Earlier was getting 1000 BTCZ/card. Now difficulty has been increased
Activity: 462
October 29, 2017, 10:37:17 PM
BSD, XZC, BTX, SMART, FTC, LUX, ETP, VIVO ...

So many to mine, that if you sell them when value is at a peak, then profitability can almost be the same for all of these.

Just need to be patient for the right time to sell.
Activity: 784
Merit: 282
October 29, 2017, 10:06:06 PM

Activity: 205
October 29, 2017, 10:02:34 PM
Currently mining zcoin on mining pool hub , with 3 1080 tis
getting around 0.7 zcoin a day
Was getting 1000+ dgb a day mining on the blocks factory
Might just switch back , but the power consumption on zcoin is just too damm low Smiley

Anyways my gpus show 98% usuage at 18 intensity should i increase any more ?

Card model Gigabyte aurous 1080ti
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
October 29, 2017, 05:21:49 PM
I have bought 1070, I will tell you about its specifications later on. I hope it won't have a very big difference with 1080
And soon 1070ti is approaching. I wonder, who good it will be

meh, most of us have 1070's , we dont really care about them in this thread Cheesy   This is for our 1080ti specific cards (as the title says lol)
I preordered a buncha 1070ti's, ill review them around Nov5th if noone else does here Smiley

Anyone mining Vivocoin? seems profitable on Neoscrypt, tho not on any good exchanges yet Sad  im mining a few, str8 selling them tho, masternodes seems expensive for a shitcoin Sad
noticed "klausT" miner does best hash, but it's been hanging for me so im using ccminer 2.2.2
Activity: 173
October 29, 2017, 01:46:56 PM
I have bought 1070, I will tell you about its specifications later on. I hope it won't have a very big difference with 1080
And soon 1070ti is approaching. I wonder, who good it will be
Activity: 15
October 29, 2017, 01:15:32 PM
What OC settings do you use?
On my regular 1080 cards I had to UNDER-clock by 50 MHz to stabilize the rig.
My Ti cards accept ~100 MHz less OC for Lyra2z than what I have for Equihash algo.

I tried many OC settings, tried even with stock settings, nothing changes. Could someone explain what "the launch timed out and was terminaterd" means, because my drivers dont crash, I dont need to reinstall or even restart PC, just close ccminer and start again...Huh

I got this error when I had too much OC. I have Asus Strix 1080Ti OC variants and these are my settings: PL: 55 (doesn't really matter as it sticks at ~52%), Core: +90, Mem: -500
If you have non-OC variant then most probably these exact values won't work for you. I also have 6x Asus Strix in my rig.
I suggest to give a try with Core: -100 (yeap minus) and Mem: -500.
Lyra2z drives the GPU to much higher. At Lyra2z with +90 Core the GPU goes at 2050 MHz. At Equihash with +125 Core the GPU goes at ~1850-1900 MHz.
This might sound strange but with -100 core you can exclude the OC issue factor.
As I mentioned earlier on my EVGA FTW2 1080 cards I had to underclock with -50 MHz and now those go at 1975-2000 MHz. On the stock settings those were freeze.
Activity: 180
October 29, 2017, 11:15:47 AM
Miningpoolhub.
Using miner which is shared by someone earlier in this thread.
Don't know how but hashrate shown on MPH is always more then which I saw on miner.
Minig 2.6 Zcoin per day with 7 GTX 1080 Ti.

Zcoin now $12.5, so currently $4.6/ card

Which miner do you use?
Check here
http://jkcrypto.com/how-to-mine-zcoin-xzc/

I tried this, did everything as described but miner keeps crashing. Installed cuda 9, tried different clocks, tried different miners...but nothing. Have 6x 1080ti Asus rog strix which perfectly mines zcash on much higher clocks...

Did miner run for few minutes?
I am on older Nvidia version 385.28.
Latest nvidia driver gave me problems and lesser hashrate.

Miner works for 10 mins, max an hour and than crashes saying "the launch timed out and was terminaterd". Tried different drivers, now latest nvidia drivers. Tried different clocks, even stock clock and nothing... Any idea?

Is CUDA installed?

First tried with regular cuda, than installed cuda 9. Its not that miner doesnt work, it works fine for 10-60 minutes, and than crashes saying "the launch timed out and was terminaterd". Its like the pool rejects connection or something like that.

What OC settings do you use?
On my regular 1080 cards I had to UNDER-clock by 50 MHz to stabilize the rig.
My Ti cards accept ~100 MHz less OC for Lyra2z than what I have for Equihash algo.

I tried many OC settings, tried even with stock settings, nothing changes. Could someone explain what "the launch timed out and was terminaterd" means, because my drivers dont crash, I dont need to reinstall or even restart PC, just close ccminer and start again...Huh
Activity: 51
October 29, 2017, 10:34:19 AM
Do you, guys, set the intensity of the miner to 20 instead of 16 for ZCoin ?

beginning i use default 16, now i run -i 22 okay Grin But the change in hashrates is not much
Jump to: