Author

Topic: 1080Ti Specific - Best mining option - page 274. (Read 409658 times)

Activity: 610
Merit: 265
July 31, 2017, 05:46:05 AM
People need to be aware that every 1080ti can't do same thing.   I been doing overclocking for almost 10+ years since 6600gt agp.   It can be very annoying example why i can't hit 4 ghz with the core2duo 6750 when the reviewers easily hit 4.1 Ghz.  I just got unlucky with the silicon lottery.  The only product that overclocked good was  the Phenom II 1055t and the 6600GT.   With my collections of 1080 ti I do easily notice the difference.  Some can hit 130+ some can't even get past 90+.

Don't just push it because someone can.  I keep a short test log for groups to speed up the testing time.  It will be annoying if you go away for a while and found out you lost over 8 hours of mining work because of an unstable overclock.

Agreed. To add on, silicon lottery is one factor settings don't work between cards, another factor is the card model. Different GPUs have different factory OCs.

A top of the line card that's +250mhz out of the box can't be expected to do another +200mhz in MSI AB even if Founder edition cards can.
Activity: 166
Merit: 100
July 31, 2017, 05:32:54 AM
People need to be aware that every 1080ti can't do same thing.   I been doing overclocking for almost 10+ years since 6600gt agp.   It can be very annoying example why i can't hit 4 ghz with the core2duo 6750 when the reviewers easily hit 4.1 Ghz.  I just got unlucky with the silicon lottery.  The only product that overclocked good was  the Phenom II 1055t and the 6600GT.   With my collections of 1080 ti I do easily notice the difference.  Some can hit 130+ some can't even get past 90+.

Don't just push it because someone can.  I keep a short test log for groups to speed up the testing time.  It will be annoying if you go away for a while and found out you lost over 8 hours of mining work because of an unstable overclock.
Activity: 336
July 31, 2017, 02:06:53 AM
i still get that error on one of my 1080ti rigs, anyone has an idea how to fix it ?

http://imgur.com/a/6dNf9
Dont Overclock too much

core +137
MEM 0

I lowered core to +122, lets see
Activity: 205
July 31, 2017, 02:00:53 AM
i still get that error on one of my 1080ti rigs, anyone has an idea how to fix it ?

Dont Overclock too much
July 31, 2017, 01:38:58 AM

Activity: 392
Merit: 101
July 31, 2017, 01:37:06 AM
How profitable is SIGT now compared to Zcash?

getting bout 4.6 USD/day per card for SIGT
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
July 31, 2017, 01:28:54 AM
How profitable is SIGT now compared to Zcash?
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
July 31, 2017, 01:08:55 AM
What is the best algo to use for 1080ti?
July 31, 2017, 01:03:42 AM
i sell 75% what i make every day and keep the rest. Just in case. Don't really think that coin has much of future.
Activity: 116
July 31, 2017, 12:31:57 AM
So signatum price also destroyed, only worth $0.023 now. Do you guys have alternative ?

Everyone is profit mining SIGT and dumping it.  What do you expect to happen?  There were tends of thousands of rigs pointed at the coin for a period of time and all of those miners were immediately dumping their coin.

Expect SIGT to stay in the current price range through the first halving unless there's significant movement on the platform or other good news.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 311
July 30, 2017, 11:43:03 PM
Guys have u felt the difficulty rising in skein? 1080ti usually make 300-350 dgb per day. Now i can make only about 210dgb per 1080ti. Anyone here using the groestl algo for dgb?

I'm still seeing ~300/day on digi-skein on miningpoolhub, it's certainly fluctuated more lately though.  Also my hash can vary from 900-1050 with seemingly minor tweaks and if i'd been running a different miner beforehand.
Activity: 2226
Merit: 347
July 29, 2017, 11:49:12 PM
Hey, i'm not long into the mining business and i have some questions.

I finished my first mining rig with 6x Gtx1080ti 11GB and now i ask myselft, what is the best way to mine.

I found Nicehash, and i really like it that they pay you out directly in BTC.
When you mining directly in a pool for just one currency, for example ETH or Zcash, you have to check the market prices every day and you need to exchange them with fees and a lot of work.
So why not everyone is using nicehash? Do you earn much more money when you mine directly?
And are you switching between the coins manually?
Thanks

Don't mine at Nicehash. Mine at pool and wait for good prices before selling.

Nicehash is good for the "auto" mode, let the rig on and forget about it, a pratical solution.

Mining specific alts demand too much time, reading etc, only few cases worth mining those pump and dump coins.
This is what i do on which i dont really bother myself on setting up things or making the situation more complicated since i can able to mine with use of nicehash. Saves you from hassle and just like that you are being spoonfeed already. Read some words and understand it,just really a simple thing. Usually i do mine coins with low difficulty or which my video card would made a smart mining which coins is being profitable to mine.
Activity: 168
July 29, 2017, 11:37:43 PM
So signatum price also destroyed, only worth $0.023 now. Do you guys have alternative ?

Assuming LBRY has a good launch of their app, I feel like the coin has decent upside. Not going to make you rich but nice to mine

DGB seems alright too, although it's path to hitting 10* cents is less clear than LBRY's path to a dollar IMO
Activity: 302
Merit: 102
Mining with noise and without noise is all possibl
July 29, 2017, 11:31:57 PM

Just mine and keep till after August to see how it goes.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1116
July 29, 2017, 10:27:06 PM

I finished my first mining rig with 6x Gtx1080ti 11GB and now i ask myselft, what is the best way to mine.

When you mining directly in a pool for just one currency, for example ETH or Zcash, you have to check the market prices every day and you need to exchange them with fees and a lot of work.
So why not everyone is using nicehash? Do you earn much more money when you mine directly?
Thanks

Don't mine at Nicehash. Mine at pool and wait for good prices before selling.

Nicehash is good for the "auto" mode, let the rig on and forget about it, a pratical solution.

Mining specific alts demand too much time, reading etc, only few cases worth mining those pump and dump coins.
Activity: 345
Merit: 251
July 29, 2017, 10:22:59 PM

Hey guys, I'm running 3 GTX 1080Ti's (All of them are Asus Strix OC edition)... any how, after I upgraded to the latest 384.94 drivers, everything is fine and dandy.  However, now I noticed that the GPU connected to the monitor is running significantly slower than the other 2, it's running at 1569mhz, no matter what I change in MSI afterburner, yet the other two are running at 1860. 

Any ideas?  Has anyone else encountered this? (GPU connected to the monitor is mining slower, or won't run in "Boost mode")? 

Other notes, I'm running CCminer Skein on Windows 10.

Connect your monitor to you main board instead of your GPU. It made a difference for me.
Activity: 109
July 29, 2017, 09:46:21 PM
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
July 29, 2017, 09:04:41 PM

Hey guys, I'm running 3 GTX 1080Ti's (All of them are Asus Strix OC edition)... any how, after I upgraded to the latest 384.94 drivers, everything is fine and dandy.  However, now I noticed that the GPU connected to the monitor is running significantly slower than the other 2, it's running at 1569mhz, no matter what I change in MSI afterburner, yet the other two are running at 1860. 

Any ideas?  Has anyone else encountered this? (GPU connected to the monitor is mining slower, or won't run in "Boost mode")? 

Other notes, I'm running CCminer Skein on Windows 10.

Activity: 610
Merit: 265
July 29, 2017, 08:32:27 PM

Thanks

A few downsides.

- Like you mention, you make less. Nicehash takes a cut for being the middleman.
- I am not 100% sure if nicehash uses the latest, most optimized miner, so another few % slower because of slower miner.
- You can't tweak GPUs to optimal settings, since each algo need different core and mem for best performance and best hash/watt ratio. Using a stable setting for all coins means poor optimization, another 2-5% loss.
- Nicehash may not support the most profitable coins.

In short yes, we earn more by mining ourselves. Sometimes ALOT more, usually 5-10% more.
Activity: 302
Merit: 102
Mining with noise and without noise is all possibl
July 29, 2017, 12:38:49 PM
Was on vacation the last week.. is it too late to get on the sigt boat?

Also what is everyone's thought about holding btc during the hard fork?

If you believe sigt will goes back up in value then still ok to jump in. I notice the number of miner seems dropping and ease the difficulty a bit.

I still mining it with private miner n holding it for future price or when pos.
Jump to: