Pages:
Author

Topic: 10M Bitcoins Haven’t Moved in More Than a Year, Highest Since 2017 - page 2. (Read 851 times)

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
Well there is a reason's why it is not moving, either it is own by long term investors, businessman, trader groups, manipulators and whales or hack wallets that own by many users. this 10M bitcoin is maybe our savior to not totally the price drop down to 90%, if this 10M btc will dump I think the market won't recover immediately and the users who lost half of their funds too.

Usually this kind of wallets moves in time.

If that is owned by one identity, well, a whale, that will usually move into new wallet since there are a lot of whales doing that. If that is untouched for a long time, then that might mean that thebowner of it is holding it or maybe someone that just not active in the community, or maybe someone like Satoshi, or an owner of an exchange
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Its probably because many have lost there keys while others don't have a place to spend and are accumulating them as an asset of investment. There will be total supply of 21 million and if this figure 10M bitcoin is true then this means many are hodling bitcoins for day to come. Though I doubt these stats.

It wont really be that precise on having that 10M coins havent moved out yet we should consider those which are lost or floating to void
but if large part of the entire number is still accessible then it wont be a surprise if there would be a crash on price i majority of those holder
would tend to secure profits on a specific time.As said this might happen before the halving event commence.
http://diojrat.com/blog/طلای-اب-شده-چیست؟/
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.

~
That's the uncertain part of it. I believe the more advanced traders out there have tools for prediction, I don't so there's the risk of missing out. I still think that's better than nothing and I prefer this over trading alts. Me I'd just watch whatever the price would be on the halving then maybe wait to see if it'll rise higher than 25% of that and then sell and wait for the next cycle.

I read somewhere about a plan, which I personally liked very much, but hadn't a chance to try it yet. During a bull run, when the price rises around 20% per week, sell 5% of what you have, once a week, but only when the price is 20% higher than it was during a previous sell. Thus you won't miss a bull run, and you won't sell everything in the wrong time. And, of course, don't forget to buy back during a steep decline. Wink
Activity: 1036
Merit: 279
Use the money earned from the ath to snag em up btc for cheap. For people like me with not even a full btc, it's events like this I'm waiting for.

That's a great plan, but honestly speaking, how many people manage to sell the all time high? I'm quite sure that very few even buy it.

The highest price I managed to sell coins during the 2017 bull run was ~$16,000 and then just kept holding just in case the price pumps way higher. I'm a holder and it's quite hard for me to part with my coins, so imagine how easy non-holders sell their coins whenever they see the price increase by 50-100%. They unload their bags faaaaar before the bull market is even at 50% of its actual potential.

Then there is the question what is the bottom to buy into? I saw people be so confident in $6000 in 2018 that they believed that it was the ultimate bottom. That ultimate bottom turned out to be 50% below that.

That's the uncertain part of it. I believe the more advanced traders out there have tools for prediction, I don't so there's the risk of missing out. I still think that's better than nothing and I prefer this over trading alts. Me I'd just watch whatever the price would be on the halving then maybe wait to see if it'll rise higher than 25% of that and then sell and wait for the next cycle.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 575
I think most of it is exchanges, don't you think? I mean there has always been millions that didn't moved at all, and with time that millions grows bigger and bigger. First of all there is the big satoshi one that Craig claims he has, thats 1 million untouched somewhere, than there was ton of for long term holders, than there is exchanges that keep millions (combined) and there are ones that people forgot about as well. When you combine these facts, I am %99 sure that the number of bitcoins that doesn't move will eventually grow higher and higher, there could be times when a big chunk moves but that doesn't change the fact that in long term it will grow bigger.
Activity: 784
Merit: 251
https://raiser.network
Well there is a reason's why it is not moving, either it is own by long term investors, businessman, trader groups, manipulators and whales or hack wallets that own by many users. this 10M bitcoin is maybe our savior to not totally the price drop down to 90%, if this 10M btc will dump I think the market won't recover immediately and the users who lost half of their funds too.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 166
Is this a good or bad news for Bitcoin users, I am confused.  Huh
Over the year two schools of thoughts have been developed in regards to Bitcoin. One school of thoughts emphasis on the idea of increasing the utility of Bitcoins while the other stress on the idea of increasing the price of Bitcoin. As a result, Bitcoin have been caught somewhere in-between of these two poles. That is the main reason why we see circular moves in the prices of Bitcoin (hyperbola). When utility increases demand increases, this results in the increase in price, this results in volatility making bitcoin unfit for utility, which decreases demand, resulting in price decrease. The circle continues revolving.
Activity: 854
Merit: 253
l0tt0.com
 I think those bitcoins are all manipulative organizations. because they know what their bitcoins hold and they can manipulate the market for just a few million bitcoins. That's why they still hold on until its price is sky-high. An example of the majority of bitcoins in the hands of the sharks is the CWS, who holds more than 1.1 million bitcoins and that is just a shark. And for organizations, you already know what their wealth level is like. so should be careful with the purse, if it can work again, it certainly will be a round of big manipulation.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
Use the money earned from the ath to snag em up btc for cheap. For people like me with not even a full btc, it's events like this I'm waiting for.

That's a great plan, but honestly speaking, how many people manage to sell the all time high? I'm quite sure that very few even buy it.

The highest price I managed to sell coins during the 2017 bull run was ~$16,000 and then just kept holding just in case the price pumps way higher. I'm a holder and it's quite hard for me to part with my coins, so imagine how easy non-holders sell their coins whenever they see the price increase by 50-100%. They unload their bags faaaaar before the bull market is even at 50% of its actual potential.

Then there is the question what is the bottom to buy into? I saw people be so confident in $6000 in 2018 that they believed that it was the ultimate bottom. That ultimate bottom turned out to be 50% below that.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 279
I think the rise from around $3,300 to $7,500 in 2019 was definitely people accumulating in anticipation of the halving.

Watch for rapid sales though as bitcoin reaches it's price targets.

Well that's probably one of the main reason. I myself am refraining from touching my savings. We are seeing the price steadily rising, not just sure when it will break out of $9k but hoping that would not trigger a minidump. That it's that large could also indicate that a large portion of it is now in the hands of institutions.

A lot of HODlers here. It may make great dump if they will want to finally sell

True, but most holders are looking for the next Bullrun IMHO. After that, a big dump scenario will happen which is scary where bitcoin will again lose a big percentage of its value just what happened from the previous bull run. 10M BTC is almost half of the total bitcoin supply and a huge fallback once it moves. Also, I am hoping it is not owned by a few people or whales.

The bigger the dump the better. Use the money earned from the ath to snag em up btc for cheap. For people like me with not even a full btc, it's events like this I'm waiting for.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 501
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

They hold or a lot of bitcoiners do hold their token since the price was dump. They didn't want to lose their profit if they can wait because a lot of investor in bitcoin does not easily give up because they are already have a plan and some of them was the whales who are took longer from knowing crypto.

True, but most holders are looking for the next Bullrun IMHO. After that, a big dump scenario will happen which is scary where bitcoin will again lose a big percentage of its value just what happened from the previous bull run. 10M BTC is almost half of the total bitcoin supply and a huge fallback once it moves. Also, I am hoping it is not owned by a few people or whales.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1415
It just kinda feel weird how people monitor others Bitcoin, especially for those who store their Bitcoin or locked it up for certain reasons. It makes it feel like Bitcoin is not secured anymore as someone somewhere is monitoring coins that are been locked away and suddenly sold.
I know its all about accountability but maybe we shouldn't be pointing the rise or dump of Bitcoin price on people who suddenly sell their Bitcoin after the long hold.

It's one of the inherent attributes of the public blockchain.  Everyone can see the movement of bitcoin or the non movement, not just a centralized entity.  Any and all trends will always be used to account for price rises and prices falls, that's why people use technical analysis and that is just another data point.  It may be valid it may not that is up to the individual using the data.  Like it or hate it, that wont change
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

yes it will  .imagine 10 million bitcoins , not just that but the number is growing when combined with other institutions or just the regular individuals that also hodl bitcoin  . it was like a dump that never seen before   . it was bad to me if that happens but good to some because they can buy btc 's   . what makes me stronger is that i know the possibility for that to happen is only slim because people will always expect for more price hike , the higher the bitcoin price reach
Activity: 121
Merit: 1
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
by looking at this data I can conclude that most bitcoin holders believe that bitcoin can reach ATH $ 20k. so they continue to hold bitcoin until bitcoin reaches a new ATH. and last year the highest price of bitcoin was only $ 13k. that's why I think most bitcoin holders only hold their bitcoins. and maybe a total of 10 million bitcoins including the bitcoins that are in exchange and the lost bitcoins.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 518
well , let's count
18.14 - 10.7 - 3.8 ( total bitcoin lost,according to many article i read) = 3.64 million btc active on market. i am quite sure 10.7 includes total amount of btc on cold storage some exchange such as coinbase,binance,etc.

I think the rise from around $3,300 to $7,500 in 2019 was definitely people accumulating in anticipation of the halving.

somehow i just think about we rise doubled in 2019 is not because halving. according to historical data of btc price,There were no significant price changes in the several months before halving,the price is tend to stable.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 110
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
I think they are rather thinking of adding it than to sell. Now that halving is nearing it's time, maybe more Bitcoin would add up to their own existing wallets. And what comes after that? Maybe another record would be seen but this time it is about selling and moved Bitcoins from one tot another, just my thoughts though.
Activity: 952
Merit: 513
Again, this just demonstrates how the effective supply of BTC will drop in bearish circumstances due to the fact that more rational investors with a higher stake in the market realize what is happening - that the markets are acting irrationally and an adjustment upwards or a recovery is imminent as a matter of time.

But yeah, this is definitely not surprising to most people.

There is simply no incentive for long term investors to sell at the depths of bear markets. And I assume that the majority of these 10M coins are held by long term holders and/or lost.
Activity: 966
Merit: 153
It just kinda feel weird how people monitor others Bitcoin, especially for those who store their Bitcoin or locked it up for certain reasons. It makes it feel like Bitcoin is not secured anymore as someone somewhere is monitoring coins that are been locked away and suddenly sold.
I know its all about accountability but maybe we shouldn't be pointing the rise or dump of Bitcoin price on people who suddenly sell their Bitcoin after the long hold.
Pages:
Jump to: