Pages:
Author

Topic: 12-Year-Old Girl Shoots Intruder During Home Invasion In Bryan County - page 2. (Read 4392 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Good girl.
Well, she did miss his heart.  lol

It is hard to hit such a small target through a closed door. What she was trying to do was to get him to leave her alone, that seems to have worked out according to her plan. I am sure if the assailant had continued opening the door even after being shot at, then she would have had a clearer shot to finish him off.
Activity: 302
Merit: 250
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.
Everyone living, and dying, the American Dream.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 2151
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
the hell is a 'gary man' (a city named Gary)

anyway...we dont ever hear on the news:

"Man shot in altercation, family happy because man wasn't a good person"

I've heard variation on it to be honest. "We always knew it would be something like this..."
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
That's self-defense at its finest, as long as they both get out okay and the attacker learns their lesson that's more than you can ask for..... Too bad gun control advocates would never pay attention to anything like this.

Gun control advocates mourn the loss of their comrades every time they fail to make an innocent girl defenseless in order to be murdered, raped, and/or maimed with impunity.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
That's self-defense at its finest, as long as they both get out okay and the attacker learns their lesson that's more than you can ask for..... Too bad gun control advocates would never pay attention to anything like this.
the hell is a 'gary man' (a city named Gary)

anyway...we dont ever hear on the news:

"Man shot in altercation, family happy because man wasn't a good person"
legendary
RIP Mommy
More like... having a gun in your hand (and that of your comrade) will ensure you have a fighting chance at not getting killed with impunity.
Activity: 532
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
So, both stories support the idea that having a gun in the home can prevent successful home invasions? Got it! Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I don't think that was the intent behind posting it, but that does seem to be the end result.
October 22, 2012 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- Last Friday, Jerry Hood, 48, of Gary, Ind., left work and decided to go home during lunchtime. Gary police said Hood, who was with a co-worker, noticed activity in his house and called police for help, but did not wait for police to arrive. Instead he went in and lost his life when he disrupted a home invasion, police say. Hood died from multiple gunshot wounds.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local/indiana&id=8856120

What's your point and what do the two stories have to do with each other?

Nothing and nothing?

Well, both involve a home invasion, and both involve someone getting shot.

Interestingly, in the second story the invaders successfully defended the home from being "invaded" a second time. So guns remain a great home defense weapon... even if it's not your home.
Activity: 518
October 22, 2012 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- Last Friday, Jerry Hood, 48, of Gary, Ind., left work and decided to go home during lunchtime. Gary police said Hood, who was with a co-worker, noticed activity in his house and called police for help, but did not wait for police to arrive. Instead he went in and lost his life when he disrupted a home invasion, police say. Hood died from multiple gunshot wounds.

In the first paragraph it says he is 48, but a couple lines lower it says he was about to turn 47 in November? Somebody failed a fact check.

The story does not say if he was armed. Based on what it does say about him, "said La Shawn Daniels, niece: 'He was a family man, family first, there for everyone'", I would venture to guess he was probably not armed.
legendary
RIP Mommy
Never own more guns than you can carry at any time.

He could have handed a spare to the co-worker and watched both exits from cover.

That... was a poor decision.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0

should be all over the national news
Activity: 285
Activity: 448
That is fantastic, I am glad I live in a state with the Castle Doctrine.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
+1 to good girl

It's a good news  Wink
Activity: 56
Merit: 1
This is why I trained my daughters to keep shooting until the threat stops moving.

Hollywood teaches people that one bullet kills bad guys.  That is a dangerous belief.

I think it depends on the caliber, I would think something like a .308 rifle will pretty much 1 shot 1 kill, or at least disable the guy with one shot. Though any hand gun caliber would definite not do it.

A .22 can kill if it hits the stomach, chest or head. It definitely has in home invasion cases. If it doesn't, it's easy to place another shot and fire again due to little recoil.

Mossad agents carry .22s for a reason.
Pages:
Jump to: