Pages:
Author

Topic: 19Million MOON Stolen Just now from my wallet--WARNING - page 2. (Read 4172 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 100
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
Which takes my back to my belief all crypto coins are doomed if they don't in someway get some type of protecting you from this type of thing.
Obviously you can go through the process of Escrow, but why? Why not have protection cash affords. Every transaction is logged and can be traced. So protect us and you will see crypt go mainstream.
If people used linux then they could simply create a new user per wallet so that each coin can only access it's own wallet.dat
Not mainstream at all since you would need to use the command line wallet on the terminal (with su - somewalletuser to switch to that coin, unless there's gnome/kde support for opening an app as a different user?) but it would solve the issue of wallet stealers forever.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
OP full scan your disk with Anti-malware Malwarebytes and HitmanPro. Also check what you have in autostart eg. by CCleaner
But the best for you right now will be format and reinstall operation system.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
I just checked the Coinye wallet from the official site on virustotal and it reports the same 2 detections.

Wow. That's some ballsy malfeasance right there. I'll be getting rid of this crap as soon as I get home, and verify the rest of my qt wallets!!
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
The official mooncoin wallets are available here: http://download.mooncoin.info/

Be safe out there. Sorry to hear what happened. Jayke, we will find you.
Activity: 27
I just checked the Coinye wallet from the official site on virustotal and it reports the same 2 detections.
Merit: 250
It does emphasize that we all should be checking the executables on virustotal.com as an absolute minimum before getting caught up in the frenzy of not being left out. I agree with the VM also and I have to learn how to use it more. Are there any free ones?
Activity: 112
Which takes my back to my belief all crypto coins are doomed if they don't in someway get some type of protecting you from this type of thing.
Obviously you can go through the process of Escrow, but why? Why not have protection cash affords. Every transaction is logged and can be traced. So protect us and you will see crypt go mainstream.
Someone could steal everything, not deliver your protect and your only recourse is to come online and complain. These coins will never go mainstream imo.

I'm not saying I don't mine and don't trade in these coins, but why not why they are still around.

Crypto only has value because we say it does, like if everyone on earth wanted my shit it would be worth millions per pound.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Oh shit.
Not cool.

Jayke linked to an infected exe in the Moonthread faking it as the first Windows wallet for Mooncoin (bastard did the same in the Dogecoin thread). Did you download and tried this exe in the hay dayz of Mooncoin?

You're right, I remember that happening now! But the OP said he just checked it. Could have fooled the AV checking of course.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
Jayke linked to an infected exe in the Moonthread faking it as the first Windows wallet for Mooncoin (bastard did the same in the Dogecoin thread). Did you download and tried this exe in the hay dayz of Mooncoin?
Wasn't moon then. Was conye > 2 found.
Activity: 84
help! scamcoin just scammed me  Grin !

I dont use moon but why do you say they are a scam?
Evil pre-mined?
Activity: 28
mooncoin QT

Имя фaйлa:   mooncoin-qt (2).exe
Пoкaзaтeль выявлeния:    0 / 48
Дaтa aнaлизa:    2014-01-08 22:49:47 UTC (0 минyт нaзaд)
0 0
 Probably harmless! There are strong indicators suggesting that this file is safe to use.
Activity: 280
Will people ever learn? Use a VM.

Even better install Linux
conye QT

https://www.virustotal.com/ru/file/167f680f59ad4d6bd15530c2c3494c66b114f0d2795538c778ec92a06cd12b38/analysis/

2 found

AntiVir    SPR/BitCoin.pla.1    20140108
Bkav    HW32.Laneul.tgqs    20140108
I uploaded my moon qt to virustotal.com and nothing found.

I suggest you do this with all your recent downloads so we can know what caused this.

You may just have a keylogger program/wallet stealer virus.

i will but it was done the insatant I put in my encrypted wallet password as I was trying to transfer 100K, so dont think keylogger
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
help! scamcoin just scammed me  Grin !
I uploaded my moon qt to virustotal.com and nothing found.

I suggest you do this with all your recent downloads so we can know what caused this.

You may just have a keylogger program/wallet stealer virus.
Activity: 84
for those who doubt the authenticity of this message..look

be safe

selling 1milion CONYEs COYE too, pm me for offer

i did the final last withdrawal and sold for $12 im done with the Moonnnnnnn

sad to ear that
i never got stolen because i only get started last week
and only following some giveaways didnt bought any coin atm
Im learning so im not buying anything untill i have enough knowledge about all of this crypto Wink
Pages:
Jump to: