Pages:
Author

Topic: 2 Simple Ways Crypto Whales Manipulate the Market (Read 661 times)

Activity: 1582
Merit: 253
That is true that whales could still possibly impact and move the market considering that they acquire a huge quantity of market share. That being said, for their impact to be felt, it will be depending on the amount that these whales were able to acquire and gather. And since it was mentioned that altcoins are easier to manipulate, it is indeed agreeable that even just the influential people could manage to drive people into it.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 560
_""""Duelbits""""_
Bitcoin is getting bigger, and more and more people continues to invest and the market gets huge. I think it is going to be hard for whales to pull off any pump and dump on Bitcoin.

Although I am not trying to say that it is not possible. It is possible, but it is going to be very difficult for anyone to just pull it off alone, it is going to be a group, but even at that they wouldn’t be able to make much impact like they would years back. Unless they are going to target altcoins, which has been their target as of recent.

Altcoins are small and whales can easily get them pumped and then dump when they have made a lot of profit.
Whale won't be able to pump up bitcoins and dump as much as this because it won't be strong enough for the market unless they can manipulate the market with FUD news then it's shaken up a lot to panic that makes other investors sell assets instantly, that's how we feel right now only with bad news in the market can be a long bearish.

So whales only rely on news even though they have more assets than other investors, but with what altcoins might they have any interest? I think the whales will think it's just a shitcoin that doesn't last long so they'll just profit from the initial launch.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1058
Bitcoin is getting bigger, and more and more people continues to invest and the market gets huge. I think it is going to be hard for whales to pull off any pump and dump on Bitcoin.

Although I am not trying to say that it is not possible. It is possible, but it is going to be very difficult for anyone to just pull it off alone, it is going to be a group, but even at that they wouldn’t be able to make much impact like they would years back. Unless they are going to target altcoins, which has been their target as of recent.

Altcoins are small and whales can easily get them pumped and then dump when they have made a lot of profit.
Activity: 938
Merit: 13
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
Whales, of course, affect the price tag of a cryptocurrency unambiguously, sometimes they can cut money off the hamsters so much that they will not even notice what kind of maneuver it was, they so cleverly set walls and draw diagrams, taking away simultaneously on the spot or on futures from the same hamsters. I want to say they are very smart and resourceful ...
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
Whales manipulate the market by

- Walls: buy walls and sell walls. With such, they will create temporary and fake support and resistance. Then price will be hold in between buy and sell walls. When times is on, those walls will be removed by whales or be eaten up by market participants (fomo or panic).
- News: they release news to buy up and break resistance or break down the suppport walls.
- Policy, regulation-related news: we are in eventful time with lots of fud, news from policies, regulations, crackdown, arrest, lawsuits, etc. Any coincidene, please think of it.

Said it right, those factors are crucials since whales can decide which directions that want to bring the market,

Those things are the information where traders and investors keeps on following without any knowledge that whales hi-jack such
to favor the influence that theywanted to bring inside the market, with huge amount of money that they can bring inside the table
it isn't hard for them to do so.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 801
Whales manipulate the market by

- Walls: buy walls and sell walls. With such, they will create temporary and fake support and resistance. Then price will be hold in between buy and sell walls. When times is on, those walls will be removed by whales or be eaten up by market participants (fomo or panic).
- News: they release news to buy up and break resistance or break down the suppport walls.
- Policy, regulation-related news: we are in eventful time with lots of fud, news from policies, regulations, crackdown, arrest, lawsuits, etc. Any coincidene, please think of it.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 503
Just hodl and let the whales do their work, buy when you see that the prices are going down and sell when the prices are at an exorbitant amount, we don't have to master whale watching since the prices tells it all and no matter how much you avoid it, if you follow crypto related news, you will always be reminded with news.
Yes , the manipulation only make work when People are responding to their attempt , But if you will let your coins stay in your wallet and never sell instead try to buy more when the whales try to dump the market?\
Then they will surely fail the manipulation and we the holders will Win.
this is what we use as attitude for them to understand that people now are mature and not noob like what they think in the past.
- But the result is that whales never fail while we who know their direction have failed, the prophecy of manipulation is always in effect because they are the organizers of the persistence contest, we are the candidates who knew the title of the contest in advance but our body language betrayed us, we are often shaken by red prices. Our efforts in holding are not equal to their efforts in dumping, they can consume more time and money but we are only small investors and quite limited on those two things
Activity: 1666
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
Just hodl and let the whales do their work, buy when you see that the prices are going down and sell when the prices are at an exorbitant amount, we don't have to master whale watching since the prices tells it all and no matter how much you avoid it, if you follow crypto related news, you will always be reminded with news.
Yes , the manipulation only make work when People are responding to their attempt , But if you will let your coins stay in your wallet and never sell instead try to buy more when the whales try to dump the market?\
this is what we use as attitude for them to understand that people now are mature and not noob like what they think in the past.
Nevertheless, these whales keep on winning rather than having a losing end. People are happy in the situation that their coin just pumps and to ask who did this huge pump? Basically, we address it to the whales and I think we should be grateful that was to happen.
And you have said that we don't let these whales win and responded with their attempt? I don't think so because we don't know what their will be their plan and in fact, we somehow riding with them and make good money because of the hypes they've made.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 357
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Activity: 2786
Merit: 343
when lambo...
We can never be surprised how whales doing this (manipulation) and they have the right to do it since there is no regulation prohibiting them. They are also investors, they are helping the market to grow, and doing those things made them rich. And you can deny that you are riding them when the hypes started, right? So, if they are doing this because they have the reason and that is their way to make money.

I don't think it was bad, you just think it was when you miss the train or those who just invest blindly. Because if you are with these people, you can also take some share of what they did.
copper member
Activity: 2954
Merit: 574
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
The whales can do many things to manipulate the market. Usually, they can make traders or investors panic because of something that they say to the public. If they do that, we need to calm down to see if they are trying to manipulate the market or it will happen to the next. But unfortunately, even if we say that we need to calm down, we sometimes forget and still panic, especially if the price is plunging drastically.
Lol, those are not whales. Those are idiots seeking attention or trying to create an opportunity for themselves (or secretly indeed is a whale). Whales are totally different people. They have a invested and bought a lot of the coins to have some impact in the market. They can start dumping their coins to cause a crash in the market so that they can buy in cheap. They can start mass buying to create a fake "pump". So when the price rises, they dump again and so on. Those affects are very short lived though. And as more people starts to buy bitcoin, the whale manipulation will slowly disappear.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 603
a coin like that when pumped and dumped, it will be difficult to get back up again, as if only drawing a peak that immediately returns to the valley. There are many examples that we can see, where after being pumped it returns to the valley and we don't seem to be presented with the real development of the project. Therefore, don't because we have already reached a high price, we assume the price will return to the peak, many projects have died
I believe that it is about the project creators as well, because when you reach to a high level and then drop then there is nothing much you can do about it. Some reason people are expecting marketing from the creators which is not their job at all, but assuming they still do it a bit, people keep wanting it more and more and more, for some reason creators are forced to spend millions of dollars or at least run ads until they have absolutely no money left.

I know this because I used to be staff in many projects and I have worked in marketing department for many companies, I tried to spend as little as possible to get the most out of it, but even when you spend thousands of dollars in the biggest stages you still end up broke one day, project owners do not have unlimited funds, eventually they do not have any money left neither and then if the project grows it grows if not then it becomes nothing.
Activity: 770
Merit: 12
Trphy.io
Whales always win in cryptomarket and I think it's a good idea to ride on their strategy to gain more but the problem is the capital. Small investors have only a limited capital unlike crypto whales. As small investors or trader, you should take advantage of the situation and follow the direction of those whales because if not you will be in a great losses.
The whales can do many things to manipulate the market. Usually, they can make traders or investors panic because of something that they say to the public. If they do that, we need to calm down to see if they are trying to manipulate the market or it will happen to the next. But unfortunately, even if we say that we need to calm down, we sometimes forget and still panic, especially if the price is plunging drastically.
This is normal in human nature, to panic especially if you are looking at your bloody portfolio, but you can still control that bad emotion by looking back at your strategies. Whales wants to make more money by just manipulating the market, either they create fud or hype, they sell or buy that's how they works and we should learn how to ride with them even if its too impossible to know the next move of the whales. I also believe in an organized market manipulation, I'm pretty sure there's a group working for this because whale alone can't manipulate the whole market.

Coins with very low market cap or with low trading volume are easy to manipulate.
Not only by whales, but the team themselves can do their manipulation in order to show that the price has good price increase.
This is what you can see in most pump and dump coins. If you spot coins like this, better stay away before you get victimized.
For high market cap coins, would be harder to manipulate. Unless, there are whales that really have tons of money to make market movement.
a coin like that when pumped and dumped, it will be difficult to get back up again, as if only drawing a peak that immediately returns to the valley. There are many examples that we can see, where after being pumped it returns to the valley and we don't seem to be presented with the real development of the project. Therefore, don't because we have already reached a high price, we assume the price will return to the peak, many projects have died
Activity: 2604
Merit: 816
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
Whales always win in cryptomarket and I think it's a good idea to ride on their strategy to gain more but the problem is the capital. Small investors have only a limited capital unlike crypto whales. As small investors or trader, you should take advantage of the situation and follow the direction of those whales because if not you will be in a great losses.
This is normal in human nature, to panic especially if you are looking at your bloody portfolio, but you can still control that bad emotion by looking back at your strategies. Whales wants to make more money by just manipulating the market, either they create fud or hype, they sell or buy that's how they works and we should learn how to ride with them even if its too impossible to know the next move of the whales. I also believe in an organized market manipulation, I'm pretty sure there's a group working for this because whale alone can't manipulate the whole market.
Indeed. If we can remember and back to control ourselves, that will not be a problem. But unfortunately, once traders lose control, they cannot control themselves because of the panic from losing the money. Sometimes, the whales use the current news from the outside to make traders panic and buy or sell instantly because the whales really know how to shake the market. Our job is always to calm down, think twice and analyze more to figure out what is happening to the market. The whales can manipulate the market but they can not do that forever.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 588

Coins with very low market cap or with low trading volume are easy to manipulate.
Not only by whales, but the team themselves can do their manipulation in order to show that the price has good price increase.
This is what you can see in most pump and dump coins. If you spot coins like this, better stay away before you get victimized.
For high market cap coins, would be harder to manipulate. Unless, there are whales that really have tons of money to make market movement.
Activity: 2604
Merit: 816
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
As an ordinary person, what I can do for myself is to read more news and observe trends at any time, just like Musk’s series of operations, from supporting Bitcoin payments to not supporting Bitcoin payments, causing Bitcoin volatility and shaking the market. In fact, the most important thing for us is to be cautious, not to be blind, let alone panic and emotional, because we cannot guess the next move of the whale.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 379
Whales always win in cryptomarket and I think it's a good idea to ride on their strategy to gain more but the problem is the capital. Small investors have only a limited capital unlike crypto whales. As small investors or trader, you should take advantage of the situation and follow the direction of those whales because if not you will be in a great losses
If you think you can very well follow the whales in the market and very well make a profit and are confident about it then you do not need to worry whether you are having a small capital or not because you will eventually make the fortune you are aspiring to make.

If i was having any clue to understand which direction the market would go before hand i would have made a life changing fortune. 
If the whales controls the market then the current dip now would have been uplifted by them, the whale are not responsible for long term bullish profit and that's what so many investors are longing out for. Someone buying btc at $3k last year and holding it till now doesn't really means whales are the cause of his great profit but by long term holding, the only way to be strong and not be a dump trader is by holding do you stay away from any manipulation the so called whales have planned.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
Whales always win in cryptomarket and I think it's a good idea to ride on their strategy to gain more but the problem is the capital. Small investors have only a limited capital unlike crypto whales. As small investors or trader, you should take advantage of the situation and follow the direction of those whales because if not you will be in a great losses
If you think you can very well follow the whales in the market and very well make a profit and are confident about it then you do not need to worry whether you are having a small capital or not because you will eventually make the fortune you are aspiring to make.

If i was having any clue to understand which direction the market would go before hand i would have made a life changing fortune. 
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 4126
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

Don't follow the whales as you can't beat them at their own game of you do so, the only way to beat them is to do exactly the opposite. When they want you to be greedy (when the bulls are in season, everything turns green) if you're not an investor that's capable of holding for long term then the best thing to do is sell although you have to be observant so you don't sell too early and miss out on potential future gains.

Now when the market is bearish, the whales are simply waiting on you to sell your coins so they can buy at discount. The fact is there'll already be investors wanting to sell but you don't have to be among those investors.

Instead if you have spear funds you should buy the dip in anticipation of better days ahead and yes there'll already be green days, it just depends on how long you'll be willing to wait.
Pages:
Jump to: