Pages:
Author

Topic: 20 BTC bounty for first AT *atomic cross-chain transfer* with Script clone (Read 20081 times)

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1072
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
Since no-one took up the offer to implement AT on a Bitcoin clone I have decided to redirect these funds towards trying to find an LLVM/GCC developer to implement AT for a C++ compiler.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11400417

If people are still interested in implementing AT on a Bitcoin clone you are welcome to contact me and the CIYAM Team will help.
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
will be looking into this soon. not for the bounty, but for cross chain bank transactions.

Although unfortunately initially we will only have the two blockchains to demonstrate our ACCT AT but what you will find is that we will have created a way to do trustless exchanges across those two blockchains with no need for a separate application (i.e. the trading will be able to be done within the two wallets of those blockchains).

This will set it apart from projects like Mercury that rely upon a centralised website to organise the trades.

great , that is exactly where i am heading with this. I am working on experimental blockchain banking using a 2 tier network. I want to use the second tier as a gateway to other blockchains.
legendary
will be looking into this soon. not for the bounty, but for cross chain bank transactions.

Although unfortunately initially we will only have the two blockchains to demonstrate our ACCT AT but what you will find is that we will have created a way to do trustless exchanges across those two blockchains with no need for a separate application (i.e. the trading will be able to be done within the two wallets of those blockchains).

This will set it apart from projects like Mercury that rely upon a centralised website to organise the trades.
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
legendary
Well the Qora implementation of AT is nearly complete (I expect it to be released in the next few weeks) and still unfortunately we have seemingly no Bitcoin clone coders "up to the task" of implementing AT.

Unless I hear from some keen devs I think we will use the bounty to instead seed more work with those blockchains that have already adopted AT (we are now working on turning the ACCT AT into something much more like a *true decentralised exchange*).
legendary
Although off-topic (and that service is not running on any "mainnet" yet) it is using the same method that the AT atomic cross-chain transfer was based upon (that which was first described by forum member TierNolan).

Note that the "refund" txs are problematic on Bitcoin (and most alts also) as the nLockTime is non-standard unless already past (i.e. you can't broadcast the refund via any normal method). Presumably you'll need to use their website for this part as well as finding other "orders" (making it still fundamentally a centralised service).
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
Mercury uses the cross-chain atomic swap protocol to facilitate fully trustless peer-to-peer trading, no trusted third party required.

How is it atomic?
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Uro: 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer
http://mercuryex.com/

Trades happen entirely on the blockchain, with no risk of the exchange getting hacked or greedy exchange operators running off with your money. Your private keys are only stored on your computer.

ATOMIC SWAP PROTOCOL

Mercury uses the cross-chain atomic swap protocol to facilitate fully trustless peer-to-peer trading, no trusted third party required.

legendary
The bounty is for a Bitcoin clone (which Qora is not) and actually it is the CIYAM Developers who have written the AT code for Qora. Smiley

Also if I see progress from an alt coin developer by the end of the month (in terms of actual code having been written) then I will extend the deadline for this bounty.
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
It seems there's still a chance it might happen.  It sounds like Burst has their system pretty much ready to go and Qora isn't far behind:

AT team will proceed as normally with the integration of AT, create a new wallet version, test it first on a testnet and then release it.
If in the meanwhile, full source code get released, AT team will probably revised their integration to fit to the latest code and Qora will decide if he is going to compile a new wallet version at that specific moment.
If the source code released after the wallet provided by AT team, then again, it will be merged.

Whether it's ready in time for them to win the bounty or not is another matter entirely.  But mostly I just want to see this cross-chain system up and running.  Even if it takes a bit more time to get it 100% right, the potential of this is genuinely exciting.  It's times like this when I wish I had some coding knowledge to contribute and help speed things along, but I'll have to settle for cheering from the sidelines.
legendary
Unfortunately still no altcoin devs have "stepped up" to implementing the Turing complete Automated Transactions system - so in order to provide a sense of urgency please note that I will be removing the bounty after the end of this month.
legendary
http://www.theuknews.com/index.php/nav/newsr/5228

Please note that 20 BTC is still waiting for someone to "step up" and implement AT in a Bitcoin clone.
staff
Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
So the first decentralised lottery (running on Burst and powered by AT) has now commenced.
Now that the search on the forum is disabled, can you give a link to it? Please Smiley

EDIT:
Ok, I've found it Smiley
legendary
So the first decentralised lottery (running on Burst and powered by AT) has now commenced.

Although it is perhaps going to take a while for the implications of this to sink in those that run "gambling for profit" businesses are now going to find themselves facing competition from programs that don't actually need to make a profit in order to continue operating (they just need players).

Those wanting to get attention for their alts might want to consider how offering something like a Satoshi Dice which works on *zero percent margin* might attract users to their coin.
legendary
How is the Qora implementation coming along?

I understand it is very near release but @qoradev seems to be on holidays still.
rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
How is the Qora implementation coming along?
legendary
We will soon have a "trustless lottery" running for Burst (a world's first I think).

Although no-one managed to claim the possible 40 BTC bounty to get AT on a Bitcoin clone before the new year there is still 20 BTC available for those that are interested.
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
Fantastic work.  Well done to CIYAM, the Burst dev team and, hopefully soon, the Qora team as well.

Excellent job!!!!

It's a shame that most innovations happen on alt-coins rather than Bitcoin.

None the less great job guys!!!!

In a way it's for the best.  Test the experimental ideas elsewhere to make sure everything works as intended.  Then if it turns out to be a useful and worthwhile feature (which AT definitely is!   Grin ), it can then be incorporated into Bitcoin, or run above it on a higher layer.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Excellent job!!!!

It's a shame that most innovations happen on alt-coins rather than Bitcoin.

None the less great job guys!!!!
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Pages:
Jump to: