Pages:
Author

Topic: 2013-05-02 1PM BitcoinATM Press Demo, San Diego CA (Read 5030 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
Was this just a prototype demo or is it physically somewhere my friend in SD can go and use today?
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
Quote from: kjlimo
This deserves its own thread.

Good question.

If the Chinese government really wanted to destroy the USD, all they'd need to do is put one of these in every local Starbucks throughout China.

Talk about a great startup model...are you listening Mr. Rose?

Actually I predict that if Bart Chilton tries to lay his grubby little hands on bitcoin here in the USA, we'll see this happen.

Interesting, so you're saying china would be the one who wants to invest in these? 

Can you walk me through how that destroy's the USD?

Lastly, who's Bart Chilton?

the Chinese gov't has for years been encouraging their citizens to buy gold.  i think it's b/c fundamentally they understand that fiat is being debased, including their own yuan that's pegged to Bernanke Bucks.

i think they want their ppl to maintain their purchasing power for social crowd control.  perhaps they will look at Bitcoin similarly.  not to mention the fact that they would like to see the USD be removed as the world's reserve currency and replaced with the yuan.  that's not going to happen so maybe if Bitcoin could do it, then China can continue to leverage its cheap labor as a world force.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

Good question.

If the Chinese government really wanted to destroy the USD, all they'd need to do is put one of these in every local Starbucks throughout China.

Actually I predict that if Bart Chilton tries to lay his grubby little hands on bitcoin here in the USA, we'll see this happen.

Interesting, so you're saying china would be the one who wants to invest in these? 

Can you walk me through how that destroy's the USD?

Lastly, who's Bart Chilton?
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

Good question.

legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

I was hoping for a thread to discuss why it is illegal to have a bi-directional money machine & what hurdles we need to get over before I can start running one of these ATMs at my local pub.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121
I appreciate kiba's efforts to have standards maintained - but there's no need to get too abrasive about it.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
I also reported this thread to the mods several time.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin: The People's Bailout
Need date in title.

I pmed this dude, and he won't even correct it! What a douche!

2013-5-2 should be 2013-05-02

Sent another PM to the OP for getting the date formatting wrong.

Finally, the god damn date is fixed. What douchebag SilverVigilante is for taking so long.

Are you okay, kiba?  Do you need a hug or something? Kiss Maybe you can ask about becoming a moderator so you can better police the formatting of the dates and eliminate what appears to be a major source of stress for you.

Too much stress is really bad for your health!  Wink (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_stress)
Activity: 526
Merit: 508
My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck
Finally, the god damn date is fixed. What douchebag SilverVigilante is for taking so long.
*Hands kiba a paper bag* It's ok bro... Here, take a deep breath.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to solving it.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
Activity: 756
Well worth the painful download to watch, very nice demo and he answered all the questions competently and conservatively without hype or sugarcoating.  I'm now optimistically less skeptical about this project, assuming they can clear the significant regulatory hurdles within their 6-month rollout estimate.  Particularly interesting was their intention to create a Gox competitor.  Best of luck to these guys in their endeavour. 

Activity: 588
Well worth the painful download to watch, very nice demo and he answered all the questions competently and conservatively without hype or sugarcoating.  I'm now optimistically less skeptical about this project, assuming they can clear the significant regulatory hurdles within their 6-month rollout estimate.  Particularly interesting was their intention to create a Gox competitor.  Best of luck to these guys in their endeavour. 
Activity: 533
Finally was able to watch all of it.  Very nice job there with the questions and barring any regulations, I hope we can see them soon(ish).
Activity: 756
waiting 10 minutes to get your cash...

who's doubting Litecoin now?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
No more ATM: http://dollarvigilante.com/blog/2013/5/2/my-official-withdrawal-from-the-bitcoinatm-project.html

Looks like it was only a plan to sell high and rebuy much lower

You idiot. That was just some dude being fired from the company.

ATM did indeed debut and it's cool as!!

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Am I spoiled?  Someone with an HD camera should have taped it and it would have been better if he had a direct mic too but hey, it was an interesting presentation for sure.  I hope the San Diego news does a good job with their piece.  Of course, there happens to be some wild fires in the area so the piece might get overlooked if that is the case. 
Activity: 188
Merit: 108
With 85 kb/s its gonna take about 6~ hours to download it.  Undecided

Here is download link (500kB/s) for the smaller flv version (~ 150 MB):
http://www.wikitransfer.ch/2Yv/BitcoinAtm_demo_by_Justin_Oh.flv

More details here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2010783

High quality version is on its way...
Activity: 418
Merit: 252
Proud Canuck

The link contains a streaming video... so you don't have to download.  The .mp4 link just wasn't downloading for me!
Activity: 530
With 85 kb/s its gonna take about 6~ hours to download it.  Undecided
Pages:
Jump to: