Pages:
Author

Topic: 2014: The Worst Year for BTC? - page 2. (Read 11149 times)

X7
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone
October 02, 2014, 08:55:33 PM
Honey badger don't care
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116
October 02, 2014, 08:21:24 PM
Quite substantial Sad
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
October 02, 2014, 06:47:09 PM
Worst year? are you talking price or adoption?
Because as far as price goes, sure its one of the larger declines, its like been a really slow bubble pop year =P
But last I checked the price is still above the most recent bubble($266) and definitely above its lowest of $0.

Adoption has been quite impressive though, more vendors jumping on board, services popping up like wildfire, governments taking it seriously, etc...

The way I see it, we are entering its more mature growth cycle. Its quite similar to the .com bubble. There was huge hype around the .com bubble which ultimately lead to a massive round of losses... but shortly after is when innovation & real value was being created for the web, now ".com's" are worth more than they ever were - meaning what was once just a hype driven bubble, has steadily grown into something used by everyone, everywhere, everyday...

We are at that very beginning of perhaps, but true & real innovation for crypto... is my guess.
So, the above is what bitcoin always has going on for it 'behind the scenes'

The only thing that will cause it to go super high in any short / midterm will be the complete implosion of major world fiat currencies, primarily USD. Once it gets inflated into the sky, at incredible rates, people will be 'cashing out of USD / other fiat' into some other form of safe haven. Bitcoin has become part of that 'safe haven' realm in such occasions. The secondary effect of this failure, will be more people seeking other ways to transact outside of USD ... bitcoin fits the bill for this really well.

Basically, what it comes down to.
For there to be true demand behind bitcoin's price ... the critical mass has to WANT to use it as an alternate currency. What will get us there quicker is us in the community who actually give a shit about what Bitcoin offers the world, actually getting off our asses and 'spreading the good word' about it. What will get us there REALLY FUCKING FAST, will be world monetary systems failing every day.

So, either the community decides to take action, which some have(hence is part of the reason why bitcoin is used as much as it is today and responsible for a decent chunk of its price point) and spread the word OR the community continues to sit back and wait for the demise of major world currencies. Of course, theres doing both =) ... which I imagine some of us are!

I am talking strictly in terms of BTC price. You pointed out the April 2013 bubble - it went to 260-270 USD , that's the last major support for BTC price wise. We are around 370 USD at the moment and have been there for days. As long as the price stays above the support of 270 USD or maybe psychologically important 300 USD - we are still good. On the off chance that I falls down below 300 USD - we are fucked and could see it go back under 100 USD. I hope it will not happen, and for me this is a long term play - not a short speculation, however many new investors bought in January-March period and the losses are substantial for a lot of people at the moment.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
October 02, 2014, 03:28:04 PM
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
October 02, 2014, 03:11:37 PM
Price wise, it hasn't been great at all. But as far as adoption and growth, I think it's been very positive. The long term trend for bitcoin continues to look positive.

Guess it depends on what side of the fence you sit on. If you sit on Bitcoin just hoping its price point skyrockets, then yes price sucks for you. But, if you hoping price goes down so you can stock pile more.... price has been awesome for you this year..
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029
October 02, 2014, 02:32:59 PM
Price wise, it hasn't been great at all. But as far as adoption and growth, I think it's been very positive. The long term trend for bitcoin continues to look positive.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
October 02, 2014, 01:53:37 PM
Worst year? are you talking price or adoption?
Because as far as price goes, sure its one of the larger declines, its like been a really slow bubble pop year =P
But last I checked the price is still above the most recent bubble($266) and definitely above its lowest of $0.

Adoption has been quite impressive though, more vendors jumping on board, services popping up like wildfire, governments taking it seriously, etc...

The way I see it, we are entering its more mature growth cycle. Its quite similar to the .com bubble. There was huge hype around the .com bubble which ultimately lead to a massive round of losses... but shortly after is when innovation & real value was being created for the web, now ".com's" are worth more than they ever were - meaning what was once just a hype driven bubble, has steadily grown into something used by everyone, everywhere, everyday...

We are at that very beginning of perhaps, but true & real innovation for crypto... is my guess.
So, the above is what bitcoin always has going on for it 'behind the scenes'

The only thing that will cause it to go super high in any short / midterm will be the complete implosion of major world fiat currencies, primarily USD. Once it gets inflated into the sky, at incredible rates, people will be 'cashing out of USD / other fiat' into some other form of safe haven. Bitcoin has become part of that 'safe haven' realm in such occasions. The secondary effect of this failure, will be more people seeking other ways to transact outside of USD ... bitcoin fits the bill for this really well.

Basically, what it comes down to.
For there to be true demand behind bitcoin's price ... the critical mass has to WANT to use it as an alternate currency. What will get us there quicker is us in the community who actually give a shit about what Bitcoin offers the world, actually getting off our asses and 'spreading the good word' about it. What will get us there REALLY FUCKING FAST, will be world monetary systems failing every day.

So, either the community decides to take action, which some have(hence is part of the reason why bitcoin is used as much as it is today and responsible for a decent chunk of its price point) and spread the word OR the community continues to sit back and wait for the demise of major world currencies. Of course, theres doing both =) ... which I imagine some of us are!
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
October 02, 2014, 01:03:57 PM
Price is going down day by day worried about the future will its value increase again?
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
100% Positive EBAY Feedback Since 2001
October 02, 2014, 12:41:20 PM
Check back in 85 years to see where Bitcoin lands on the 21st Century list...

http://investorplace.com/2014/06/best-investments-of-20th-century/#.VC1_W_ldWKI
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
October 02, 2014, 12:16:20 PM
Sure it's been a disappointing year price-wise, but Bitcoin is still going strong and growing daily, but the price isn't everything.

Price is the easiest measurable metric, which is why everybody seems to be obsessed about it.  Smiley
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
October 02, 2014, 05:33:25 AM
Sure it's been a disappointing year price-wise, but Bitcoin is still going strong and growing daily, but the price isn't everything.
Activity: 4
October 02, 2014, 05:28:23 AM
oui oui senior 2014 was good for coining up

Only if you did it at the right time, which would probably be now.  I've made a pretty massive paper loss on the value of my bitcoins, but I'm not selling as I'm hoping this downward trend will reverse itself one of these days.
yea that'll get you, when playing the bear market its easier to sleep at night holding fiat. But when in Cyprus do as the Cypriots
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
October 02, 2014, 12:54:31 AM
Patience, Patience, Patience !!!
Activity: 490
October 01, 2014, 02:05:17 PM

Only if you did it at the right time, which would probably be now.  I've made a pretty massive paper loss on the value of my bitcoins, but I'm not selling as I'm hoping this downward trend will reverse itself one of these days.
Activity: 4
October 01, 2014, 12:48:56 AM
X7
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone
September 30, 2014, 07:22:08 PM
IMO 2014 was a damn good year for BTC
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
September 30, 2014, 06:13:18 PM
Patience young boy patience
Activity: 728
September 30, 2014, 06:12:39 PM
Everyone was saying it would be 1000 before September.

Nothing close happened.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
September 30, 2014, 05:07:18 PM

No time in bitcoin history has anyone lost any money if they held for 1 year at any buy in point.  This will be really interesting when we start hitting september/october.

We are already towards the end of September... And there is no recovery in sight.

I think he means 12 month period. If that is the case, then the price in Dec last year was over 1,100, we have to rise a lot to beat that.

13-Nov-13. That is the day bitcoin crossed $400.... and that too with a $45 jump.
By Nov-Dec we will know whether such a 12 month period exists.
And then the question will become, what exactly is so important about the number 12, or the number 365, or the number 8,670 (hours) that we should place such emphasis on it as a determination of bitcoin's usefulness or value?

Answer: Nothing! There is absolutely no good reason to use the time it takes Earth to completely orbit Sol as an investment metric. It's sheer nonsense, the shallowest of logic.
Activity: 56
September 30, 2014, 04:58:12 PM
In December 2013 BTC price Rising to $1000 then in February Slide to under $300 , in April up again to $400 , and now BTC reaching $300 ..
From that's Data , we can take that in world Btc anythink can happen in only few weeks , iff my predict was right , in december 2014 BTC price going to $600 or even Higher Smiley
Have a talent to predict price? Join us in Sparkprofit , you got right in your predict they'ill give you a reward .. Interested?
get on here ...
Under my Refferal : Sparkprofit.com
Not in my Refferal : Sparkprofit.com
Enjoy Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: