Pages:
Author

Topic: [2016-02-10] ToI: Card frauds used bitcoins to trade money - page 2. (Read 2958 times)

legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064
That's a shocking as well as sad news...
Had dealt with Pankaj not much in long , though 4-5 times but he has been a great member to Bitcoin Indian Community..

Does anyone knows what exactly is the issue? I want to hear view of someone who might know the incident personally rather than media report.

What will happen to Bitcoin users in India after this Incident Huh

I got call from many trader today and yesterday night, all were very depressed with this news, and was saying they will all slowdown trade atleast for some months till this news cool down.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222
Just looking for peace
That's a shocking as well as sad news...
Had dealt with Pankaj not much in long , though 4-5 times but he has been a great member to Bitcoin Indian Community..

Does anyone knows what exactly is the issue? I want to hear view of someone who might know the incident personally rather than media report.

What will happen to Bitcoin users in India after this Incident Huh
legendary
Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001
Been reading articles on other publications on this issue. It is so crazy that they are coloring bitcoin and trying to show it in wrong light. Just the hot news hungry media !
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000
Landscaping Bitcoin for India!
I am not too familiar with the real life identities of the people in this forum, but isn't escrow.ms' real name also Pankaj Bharadwaj?

Yeah. Not a very pleasant piece of news.
http://coinsecure.tumblr.com/post/139031335450/a-change-in-coinsecure

How do you ascertain motive of a person buying or selling bitcoin. Is a person guilty of not ascertaining the motive of the opposite party? Do we have to ascertain the purpose of the buy and sell ? more importantly, is it illegal to buy and sell bitcoins in India, as stressed by the police? In that case many of us are guilty, as we have traded in bitcoins. Where has RBI stated that buying and selling of bitcoins illegal?  Huh Huh

RBI did not said it's illegal but also did not said too it's legal. That is the main problem. It's just loop hole we all using this time now.

I don't think had anything to do with the legality of Bitcoin.
This had more to do with the way it was used in this instance.

There is no where that the RBI has mentioned Bitcoin or any other Crypto Currencies to be Illegal
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064
I am not too familiar with the real life identities of the people in this forum, but isn't escrow.ms' real name also Pankaj Bharadwaj?

How do you ascertain motive of a person buying or selling bitcoin. Is a person guilty of not ascertaining the motive of the opposite party? Do we have to ascertain the purpose of the buy and sell ? more importantly, is it illegal to buy and sell bitcoins in India, as stressed by the police? In that case many of us are guilty, as we have traded in bitcoins. Where has RBI stated that buying and selling of bitcoins illegal?  Huh Huh

RBI did not said it's illegal but also did not said too it's legal. That is the main problem. It's just loop hole we all using this time now.

P.S. Pankaj Arresting is not a good news for Indian bitcoin communities. It will hurt all of us.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
There are few disturbing trend to the news

indeed escrow.ms is Pankaj Bharadwaj

but the most disturbing part is the statement by JCP ( Joint Commissioner of Police) Ravindra Yadav - "The police claim that the Reserve Bank of India has decreed illegal all trade and use of virtual currencies as a medium for payment." (source http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Card-frauds-used-bitcoins-to-trade-money/articleshow/50922983.cms) - which is not true. RBI has not decreed Bitcoins illegal in any ways. Is this an illegal frame up of Pankaj? You cannot charge somebody who sells a knife, for murder?

So, in essence, according to Delhi Police, anybody or everybody associated with buying or selling of bitcoins in India, are involved in an illegal trade. That includes Zebpay, Coinsecure, Unocoin, all the sellers on Localbitcoins and others. Last but not least, Localbitcoins.com is also a party to the crime -  as a facilitator.

So guys, if you have bought or sold bitcoins then be prepared for a knock on your door or a visit to the nearest police station.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

legendary
Activity: 1358
legendary
Activity: 1358
Card frauds used bitcoins to trade money

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Card-frauds-used-bitcoins-to-trade-money/articleshow/50922983.cms

The busting of an international syndicate of debit card cloners on Tuesday has unearthed the use of bitcoins to avoid detection. The money siphoned from ATM machines was converted into the cryptocurrency and distributed among the people involved in the crime.

Pankaj Bhardwaj, operations manager of a bitcoin trading firm in Pitampura, was arrested on Tuesday, thought the crime branch is still on the trail of the suspected kingpin, Sumair Sheikh, who is believed to be based in Dubai. Since the accused had access to crucial information related to the ATM cards, the cops also suspect a bank official's role in the racket.
Pages:
Jump to: