Pages:
Author

Topic: [2017-11-08] RUSSIA STARTS BLOCKING CRYPTOCURRENCY-FOCUSED SITES (Read 11371 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
saying that “ordinary people” are ill-equipped to deal with such “very dangerous investments that could lead to loss of money.”
The article have a very interesting line to be read and while we are wondering what are those websites are about it gives us a hint that the thirteen websites related to cryptocurrencies that are blocked in Russia right now might be related to HYIPs and other forms of investments. If my understanding is true then the Russian Government has done well in protecting its citizens against a potential scam.

Is this the reason why less number of ICO's are being released now a days because Russia is also leaving the crypto currency world. Most ICOs are created by Russians and I noticed that unlike before ICOs are lessen.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
saying that “ordinary people” are ill-equipped to deal with such “very dangerous investments that could lead to loss of money.”
The article have a very interesting line to be read and while we are wondering what are those websites are about it gives us a hint that the thirteen websites related to cryptocurrencies that are blocked in Russia right now might be related to HYIPs and other forms of investments. If my understanding is true then the Russian Government has done well in protecting its citizens against a potential scam.
Activity: 652
Merit: 250
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
Which sites? The article doesn't name any. They could be total obscurities for all we know, and knowing how clueless the Russians have been so far they probably are.

What's the score with VPNs in Russia? Are they going for a Chinese style wipe out of all of them? Russia is a strange place indeed.

Yes exactly ..
If they are , then sites must be specified . If this is really happening then bitcoin and ICOs must be ready for a downfall .
Russian users must convince their government to stop this .
Activity: 434
Merit: 252
"The reason for the deficit in the video card market was Sberbank, buying up video cards for its laboratory of artificial intelligence."

Do you believe it? What kind of AI does Sberbank need? I didnt heard anything from Gref (CEO and Chairman of the Executive Board) about these plans. Governance in Russia tells only lies.

So it is logical to close exchanges "to control" crypto.

cyки...
It seems to me that Putin's friends have decided to earn money due to the fact that put in the work of the GPU which I bought due to the budget. What kind of artificial intelligence in Russia can be discussed? Lol. Poor, technically backward country. Still laboratory at the Bank. Does anyone Russian would believe in such nonsense?
Activity: 188
"The reason for the deficit in the video card market was Sberbank, buying up video cards for its laboratory of artificial intelligence."

Do you believe it? What kind of AI does Sberbank need? I didnt heard anything from Gref (CEO and Chairman of the Executive Board) about these plans. Governance in Russia tells only lies.

So it is logical to close exchanges "to control" crypto.

cyки...
Activity: 1316
Merit: 108
What authorities of Russia did not like these crypto-currency sites? I would like to hear some explanation from them about their actions. This ban sites is somehow illogical. Or is it really just a test of how society will react to such a ban, then to conduct a more serious attack on the crypto currency.
Activity: 258
The words and actions of representatives of public authorities in Russia do not lend themselves to logic. They first talk about adherence to the crypto currency and immediately begin to restrict their citizens even in the issue of communication on the topic of crypto currency. This behavior is rather strange and does not bode well. It seems that for the citizens of Russia who want to deal with crypto currency, hard times will come.
Activity: 170
Merit: 10
The Russian government is blocking everything that it can not fully control. Wild country, medieval manners.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
LOL. Just like what I have said months and months ago, Russia is anti-bitcoin. That's why I wasn't surprised to find this kind of moved from them. This is just the first step, later they will really go and put the hammer ban on everything crypto's. And those who still believed that Putin and Russia is supporting bitcoin, then you have to think your stance. Because as much as we want Russia to accept cryptocurrencies, they won't simply because it can't be controlled. That's why I find it funny about comments, saying that Putin will support it, I sorry but it won't be happening. But for our Russian community, I think OTC or some underground bitcoin trading is the only options to do for now.
Activity: 154
This is a very unreasonable move by the Russian government. After all, the crypto currency has already begun to develop rapidly in all countries. And it can not be stopped.

Especially in Russia, where "crypto movement" is huge and powerfull.
Activity: 378
This is a very unreasonable move by the Russian government. After all, the crypto currency has already begun to develop rapidly in all countries. And it can not be stopped. I think that such prohibitions can cause a riot
Russia is known for banning everything that can't be controlled. Read a story about Telegram which was recently a step away from being banned in Russia. Looks crazy as it was founded by a guy from Russia Smiley

So is China, and they understood they can't ban crypto, so they have to support it and use it to their own advantage. I am sure Russia will not make stupid mistakes here as well...

China more and more are going into whole thing.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/australia-and-china-sign-agreement-for-financial-technology-cooperation
Activity: 82
Merit: 13
Russia is known for banning everything that can't be controlled. Read a story about Telegram which was recently a step away from being banned in Russia. Looks crazy as it was founded by a guy from Russia Smiley

So is China, and they understood they can't ban crypto, so they have to support it and use it to their own advantage. I am sure Russia will not make stupid mistakes here as well...
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Countries like China and Russia limiting a free and anonymous currency. No way. *sarcasm* Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Maybe there are someone from Russia and can say about current situation? or somebody have heard something from friends and etc.?
Activity: 171
I believe this is just plain stupidity.
At them all so becomes. Technical progress and Russia are opposite phenomena.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

I think this is going to happen in other countries also because govt thinks that everything needs to be under their control and if they are not able to curb it then the ban comes in place Russia exactly did the same thing. So wondering will the other countries go Russia way?
Activity: 280
Russian officials of different ranks, including the president of the country, spoke for a long time about the need to support the crypto currency, met with Buterin, and made plans to switch the government to blockchein, which should improve its effectiveness. And what do we see in practice? Prohibition of sites related to crypto currency? And participation in this forum for the Russians will be banned. I do not understand these contradictory words and actions of the Russian authorities. If, of course, more information about the marketing of 13 sites in Russia is reliable information.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1140
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
"Thirteen websites specializing in cryptocurrency are now restricted in Russia as the government sets out to limit cryptocurrency trading in the country."

So is BitcoinTalk doomed for regular Russians? Shocked

I believe this is just plain stupidity.

WE NEED to gather up and accelerate the process of setting up rational and correct regulations on cryptocurrencies before governments decide what do on their own.

https://coingeek.com/unlucky-13-russia-starts-blocking-cryptocurrency-focused-sites/
From banning Bitcoin/cryptocurrencies to allowing it to thinking about regulating it then strangely starting to blocking it?
What's going on in this country? I would like to know in what conditions they took their decisions. I mean fully awake?  Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: