Pages:
Author

Topic: [2017-11-30] McDonalds to accept Bitcoin by 2018 - page 2. (Read 3555 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 272
On one hand more acceptance is always great. Big companies stabilize the market, give us opportunities to spend coins, give more legitimacy and increase confidence. It's all great. On the other the quality of products served at McDonalds is questionable. IMO they are serving people shit wrapped in a bun that might be cheap and look good in the pictures but it tastes like shit and has no nutritional values. Good for BTC, but I won't be spending any coins there.
You are right. Eat food at McDonald's can only be a suicide. It is not tasty and very unhealthy. I do not believe that McDonald's will accept payment in bitcoins. During the time that will be confirmed by a transaction person may be dead already. Lol. It seems to me that such news is an attempt of PR. McDonald's wants to be talked about.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
Recent news around Bitcoin could be very tasty for fast food lovers! Betting giants Betway have released odds for people to take on the cryptocurrency being accepted by McDonalds by next year. It seems that the sharp rise in the price and mainstream popularity of the cryptocurrency has led to a real feeling that the fast food giants will accept it as a payment method soon. Currently, the betting is 1/2 and this could see many people taking the wager with odds so short.

It’s not only McDonalds that may accept Bitcoin

What is more amazing is that Betway has not only limited the odds it is offering on Bitcoin becoming an accepted payment method to McDonalds. Retail stalwarts Argos are in at 4/5 to begin accepting Bitcoin payments by late 2018, while travel giants British Airways are currently showing as 1/3 to do the same. In what would be a major move for them and their customers, the all-conquering Amazon are in the running too, with odds of 6/4 being given by Betway.

READ MORE

Is this the reason why the price exceeded the $10,000 level again today? It is really a good news if Mc Donalds, the largest fast food chain, will accept bitcoin starting next year. I wonder how will banks react on this when they really do it.

Title is misleading if all that has happened is that a bookmaker is accepting odds of McDonalds accepting bitcoin. Even if it does accept Bitcoin, the rally this year has nothing to do with Bitcoin adoption. It is only pure speculation.
And the rally today is because of the approval of Bitcoin futures. It has nothing to do with this bit of news.
Activity: 434
Merit: 255
I'm curious to see how McDonald's would do that? Lol. Their crappy hamburger is cheaper than the cost of the transaction. In my country no one can use any currency except the national one. You can exchange at a Bank or exchange office dollars and euros on the domestic currency. But to accept bitcoins is a violation of the law.
Activity: 938
Merit: 559
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
In other words, amateur gamblers are irrationally convinced that McDonalds is going to accept BTC.

In reality, it seems very unlikely hat this would happen, because BTC transaction fees are very high in order to expect any confirmations.  It's not like someone is going to walk into McDonalds and pay the same amount in fees as the cost of their burger.

Is this the reason why the price exceeded the $10,000 level again today?
No.  This is just irrational amateur gamblers.

The only group we can trust to tell us if McDonalds will accept BTC is McDonalds.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
On one hand more acceptance is always great. Big companies stabilize the market, give us opportunities to spend coins, give more legitimacy and increase confidence. It's all great. On the other the quality of products served at McDonalds is questionable. IMO they are serving people shit wrapped in a bun that might be cheap and look good in the pictures but it tastes like shit and has no nutritional values. Good for BTC, but I won't be spending any coins there.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
These kind of articles are worthless. Noobs reading just the title will go nuts on this and say how happy they are that McDonalds "accepts Bitcoin". I personally don't see it being interesting even if they did actually accept Bitcoin. May I have one hamburger please? Sure, that's 0.0001 BTC! Cheesy And no, this isn't why the market has gone up, that's due to CME being allowed to run Bitcoin future markets, starting on the 18th of December. That's what I consider to be a real bullish trigger that will lead this market towards newer highs in a consistent manner.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Recent news around Bitcoin could be very tasty for fast food lovers! Betting giants Betway have released odds for people to take on the cryptocurrency being accepted by McDonalds by next year. It seems that the sharp rise in the price and mainstream popularity of the cryptocurrency has led to a real feeling that the fast food giants will accept it as a payment method soon. Currently, the betting is 1/2 and this could see many people taking the wager with odds so short.

It’s not only McDonalds that may accept Bitcoin

What is more amazing is that Betway has not only limited the odds it is offering on Bitcoin becoming an accepted payment method to McDonalds. Retail stalwarts Argos are in at 4/5 to begin accepting Bitcoin payments by late 2018, while travel giants British Airways are currently showing as 1/3 to do the same. In what would be a major move for them and their customers, the all-conquering Amazon are in the running too, with odds of 6/4 being given by Betway.

READ MORE

Is this the reason why the price exceeded the $10,000 level again today? It is really a good news if Mc Donalds, the largest fast food chain, will accept bitcoin starting next year. I wonder how will banks react on this when they really do it.
Pages:
Jump to: