Pages:
Author

Topic: 2017 the best year for bitcoin and 2018 the worst ?? (Read 460 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 15
2018 has not ended so far and that occurred in 2017 occurred in the half and the end of the year and we are now in the first quarter of 2018 and we can not judge anything so far we have to wait
Activity: 140
Merit: 2
thats a good topic u have posted
i think bitcoin has showed it's magic in 2017 but
in 2018 it's more to see
so wwait and watch the magic of bitcoin
in my view i think bitcoin will gain its momentum to reach the record of 50000$
Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1069
Bitcoin has suffered worse than this slip. It can be worse. And it is too early to tell if 2018 is the worst year for bitcoin. You are comparing it to the best year of bitcoin yet, that is why it looks bad. Wait til the best months is over then say if it is the worst or not.

And if you are a trader, I would not say it is a bad year. I am making good money out of those large swings, so I can say bitcoin has been good to me so far this year.
Activity: 163
Merit: 1
ICOForums.net - A Cryptocurrency & ICO Forum
Alredy approx 2 and a half month gone this year and just see again and again bitcoin going down.Every time i think now its gonna rise it just falls again..and after seeing last 12 hours it gone down 12-14% again now i am started to get worried a little.
This never happened with bitcoin since i am into it..i goes down for a month but when it rised it just created new recordes..but this year bitcoin for some reasons is just not able to gain any kind of momentum...we saw in 2017 huge rise..bitcoin getting 10 times within 6 months i think..but now i am seeing something which i have not seen with bitcoin in the past...
i am buying more thinking the price is down and its a good time to buy..but then it goes down even further... Angry
Whats you opinion guys ??
Just have some faith and patience guyz.I understand that these few months have been not that great but you have to understand that in that period of 2 and half month,More than 50% is the time of crash and for a normal coin this type of crash would have impossible to survive but bitcoin did and now it is recovering.The prices have increased more than hundred percent from the lowest it got in january.
Activity: 742
Merit: 250
I think you have concluded on this issue too soon. You think that 2018 is the worst year of Bitcoin, I don't think so, Bitcoin just experienced the first months of the year, there is still plenty of time behind. Last year, Bitcoin also started a new year that did not go well, but please look back on its phenomenal growth. You should not have such negative thoughts, I believe Bitcoin will come back. This is just my opinion
Activity: 1400
Merit: 283
Alredy approx 2 and a half month gone this year and just see again and again bitcoin going down.Every time i think now its gonna rise it just falls again..and after seeing last 12 hours it gone down 12-14% again now i am started to get worried a little.
This never happened with bitcoin since i am into it..i goes down for a month but when it rised it just created new recordes..but this year bitcoin for some reasons is just not able to gain any kind of momentum...we saw in 2017 huge rise..bitcoin getting 10 times within 6 months i think..but now i am seeing something which i have not seen with bitcoin in the past...
i am buying more thinking the price is down and its a good time to buy..but then it goes down even further... Angry
Well we are still only at the begining of the year, and we can't really judge the whole year from what happen in the first 3 months, it may be true that bitcoin have never fallen this way before and it is not the best results comparing to last year, but bitcoin has never reached this price before last year at this time bitcoin was 900$ now its 9000$, the price is always going to change and the past at which rises could change, last year it went from 1000 to 2000 in 4 months, than after it went up to 6000 in 2 months, and than within a month it was past 10k, the bitcoin market is full of suprises and really unpredictibale, you just have to adapt to the situation .
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
Earn crypto for being contacted
Yes 2017 is indeed the best year for bitcoin, but that does not mean this year will be the worst year for bitcoin prices, because miracles always happen every year in the world of crypto.
I don't think so, because this is just the 3rd month of 2018 and there are still 9 months for bitcoin show the best performance and again increase again.
I'm sure, by the end of this year the value of bitcoin will be a sweet fruit may even be a new history that exceeded the price in the past year.
Activity: 406
Merit: 255
You need to understand that bitcoin can not grow in price constantly. Every year, the growth of bitcoin prices will decrease in percentage, but in dollars the price will grow more than last year. For example an increase of 100% from the price of 2K is 2K, and the growth to 50% of 20K is 10K. 2<10
Activity: 744
Merit: 266
I don't know how many times people have called bitcoin dead. Bitcoin is doing quite well right now. It has been maintaining its price in $8500-$11000 for quite a while now. Usually the year always starts with bearish sentiments. The year start dump was indeed huge but it was expected after the highly bullish period of December. I won't call 2018 to be the end. Rather bitcoin will touch new ATH this year.
Activity: 134
Merit: 0

2017 is the year of bitcoin's success when its value hits $ 20,000, but 2018 may well be worth it, now it's just the beginning.
If we say that 2018 is the worst year in bitcoins journey could ever have, i think its wrong, 2018 has just started and we don't know what lies ahead.Lets have positive outlook to have positive impact in bitcoins price votality.Bitcoins adoptors contributes the price to rise up but there are lots of manipulators nowadays,FUDS and whales that threatens bitcoins price to fall down..but lets just hope that this weakness of digital currencies would be resolve so that the price won't bounce back so deep and most predictions that it will hit to $20k to $50k would be reachable and will happen.
Activity: 2674
Merit: 713
Nothing lasts forever
What you are saying is true and I feel the same way about it. I have been seeing BTC from quite long and this year is really bad for it since it is facing continuous declines. Just as the price increased to $11k it fell back to $9k. The price is low today. It can be considered as a good time to buy but then it is has been long now since the decline is still not over. BTC is trying really hard to break the resistance but is failing every time.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Total crypto market will finish the year under 300 billion IMO. Investors are being blinded by the false premise that the "institutional money" is coming. The institutional money has been deployed long ago! Bill Millers hedge fund bought bitcoin back in 2014, Peter Thiels did so in 2016. These guys aren't idiots they NEVER buy high, and they most definately don't buy after the retail investor has bought.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
Yes last december 2017 is the best year for bitcoin, but i think this 2018 will not be the worst year for bitcoin, but will be another great and best year for bitcoin, because maany bitcoin experts predicted that bitcoin will pump this year and i believe in that! That's why i hold my bitcoin because i know and i hope that bitcoin will pump!
Activity: 490
Merit: 136
The worst year for bitcoin was 2014. Mtgox collapsed, Silk Road was raided, the price collapsed from $1000 and kept on going down, bottoming at $170 in late 2015.

What has happened this year is a pinprick, a nothing. Most people are still in profit, only an unlucky few bought in December for more than $10,000.

Just be patient and be aware that we won't recover fast. Last year's massive gains won't be repeated till at least the next halvening.

Im not around crypto as long as alyssa85 to remember Mt.Gox etc.
but I do know that 2018 is very young and it seems that the OP is very frustrated that bitcoins fiat value is slipping again.
We need to think L O N G  T E R M and come back to this thread in January 2019 or maybe create another similar thread in 2019 to reflect on how great 2018 was !
Activity: 378
Merit: 108
yes 2017 was a better year for bitcoin but i disagree with the opinion that says 2018 is the worst year for bitcoin, because by this time in 2017 nobody dreamed that bitcoin can get to 18k$, but with greater surprise it got there, so i think bitcoin still has the chance to surpass last year price.
copper member
Activity: 50
Merit: 1
the first quarter of every year was generally bad for bitcoin. I am still keeping faith that we will see a 25000+ bitcoin in mid summer or towards september-october, the skyrocketing in december was not healthy and these are the consequences, crypto is here to stay though but a lot of projects still have to finish their products, once they do crypto will blast through the trillion dollar market cap
Activity: 154
Merit: 15

The first three months of 2018 is not good for crypto currency but its too early to said that it is the worst year for bitcoin since we still have 9 months left in 2018. Last year, the first 3 months in crypto are also not good and at the start of 3rd quarter of 2017, the crypto value started to rise till the end of 2017.

True! We cannot predict the future. FUD is present right now and not knowing the possible outcomes by the end of the year is driving many people away from the certain coins including the Bitcoin. Even if old investors are backing from the Bitcoin in the fear of the fail the new ones are coming in double numbers.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe that the Bitcoin will precede the last year value and we will be satisfied with the situation evolvement trough this year.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 267
Bro,  we have few 9 months before end of this year 2018 is long time and for sure they have many possible to happen. Even the price of the bitcoin decrease for sure it will increase again we need to wait so we can get profit again. But I hope bitcoin will increase again so this year will be better to 2017. 
Activity: 313
Merit: 11
theres no doubt 2017 is best year for bitcoin and altcoins but for now we cant say this year is the worst  we qre just only first quarter of the year i still believe this year still good year of bitcoin i think bitcoin will bounce for coming months.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
We always see a correction and a lower price in January to February of a new year, but then things goes back to normal and

we see a increase in the price. The difference this year is the MtGox coins that were dumped at the worst time possible. This

triggered some panic selling and now we are floating between $9000 and $11,000. This will go on for a while, until all those

MtGox coins are sold.  Angry
Pages:
Jump to: