Pages:
Author

Topic: [2018-03-21]Bitcoin Will Be World's 'Single Currency' Says Twitter CEO - page 2. (Read 1705 times)

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
It's very possible that this scenario will unfold.

However, I personally think that there will never be one single currency per se globally. I do believe that bitcoin will become more and more adopted in the future, and I do think that bitcoin could well be the de facto currency for all international trades on the internet or whatnot. But it's extremely hard to see that all fiat currencies will be abolished in 10 years time.

Bottom line is that bitcoin will at least see an increased role in the world economy as a store of wealth especially for those in countries with faltering economies, even if it doesn't fully replace fiat.
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
Right now with only 30 million coins and growing political support from g-8 and g20 countries like Germany and South Korea, bitcoin has a valuation of nearly 150 billion us dollars, in a decade many predict it will reach 1 trillion USD, maybe even more, it's financial treasure.

Activity: 882
Merit: 506
And after all that has been said and done, this is their public statement? I want to give the benefit of the doubt as to why this Twitter CEO has to publicize the fact that he is connected with Twitter when he himself can do so as his own private individual? I mean, shall we expect something worse than this? The news have all been jammed up because of write ups that complicate the stand of the powerful and influential. The proliferation of unverified news has been rampant which, as they say, comes with the technology being in the hands of the people. This happening virtually affects the mindsets of Bitcoin investors resulting to its poor price performance.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208
Once a man, twice a child!
Speak to the hand, Jack!

Hush voice
Did his Twitter establishment not threaten to ban ICOs and cryptocurrency adverts?
Activity: 574
Merit: 12
I do not think that bitcoin can ever become a single global currency in the world. He is too volatile for this by nature. Constant sharp ups and downs in the price will not allow bitcoin to become the only world currency, it simply unbalances the economy of any country. Bitcoin can become one of the world's currencies, but not the only one. Yes, I do not think that many states will want to switch to the use of only digital currency, yet the digital currency carries significant risks.
Activity: 34
Wall Street analyst predicts the price of BTC to be more than $91,000 till the end of 2020, Twitter CEO says that BTC will be the only currency. I see postove changes in crypto news =)
Activity: 30
Finally, a good news from one of the great social media platform. Recently, there was a buzz that Twitter may also decide to ban crypto related stuff but this statement definitely adds value and hope for people that when everyone is closing door Twitter may continue to help and spread the word of crypto currency.

finally it was claimed that it isn't a buzz... it is reality now. unfortunately =(
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1209
I heard that Twitter is going to ban all crypto ads, now he says that BTC will be the single crypto, that's strange

The CEO is making us confuse by saying 2 opposite statements and does not know how to react to this. Does he really think bitcoin could be a single currency in the mainstream and if yes why he is banning the crypt ads on twitter?

There is no contradiction in his words; on the one hand he is a true fan of cryptocurrency, but on the other hand he must obey the rules. I think, when he is talking about future of cryptocurrency as a single global money he doesn't mean bitcoin first and foremost.
Activity: 445
Merit: 251
I heard that Twitter is going to ban all crypto ads, now he says that BTC will be the single crypto, that's strange
The reason for ban on crypto ads is not that Twitter is against cryptocurrencies or blockchain. The reason is large number of scam ICOs and crypto "services" like HYIP programs. And they thought that they need to protect users against these scams. But in general, they are in favor of the technology.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106
do I agree with him-no
the only currency on Earth? give me a break,we are not even close to that stage of the globalisation yet
and his 10 year period of time is riduclous,should have said 20-30 at least to not be ridiculed in 10 year's time
but if you look at it from the point of view of the price manipulation,it sends a good signal for the  bulls
think the price will be going up or at least not taking a nosedive,which everybody feared it would
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316

The CEO is making us confuse by saying 2 opposite statements and does not know how to react to this. Does he really think bitcoin could be a single currency in the mainstream and if yes why he is banning the crypt ads on twitter?
Activity: 31
Yep, why not. It is decentrilized, it is powerful and much more convenient compared to fiat currencies. But I would say that we have more advanced altcoins, more secure and anonymous
Activity: 34
legendary
Hope that this guy won't ban all crypto ads after these words. Stupid to bully on a "single future currency" as he claims =)

Ya, this is more dreadful to think than anything else as coming with this step will block crypto from 3 big giant companies Google, Facebook and Twitter. But this statement has given a sense of insurance that things are likely to work good under Twitter banner but nothing is guarantee. As one see regulations move every another day, Twitter can also change its stand anytime.

Yes, if Twitter also blocks cryptocurrencies' advertising, it will be a big damage to the entire system and the new ICOs first and foremost. So, new project's can be promoted only on this forum, Reddit and I think it is going to be 10 times worse comparing to bitcointalk.
Activity: 966
Merit: 104
Bitcoin will not be the only world currency in ten, not a hundred years. This is impossible in principle. This is impossible from the political point of view, and from the point of view of the laws of economic development. From an economic point of view, bitcoin can not be the only global currency, because bitcoin is very volatile in price and therefore planning the economy of any country in bitcoin is impossible. From the political point of view, so that bitcoin could be the only global world currency, it is necessary for states to unite in their economic and political development, in that case their economies will be interconnected and depend on each other.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
I hope that, along with bitcoin, which will be a single currency for international payments, there will also be altcoyins who do not claim this role. I also like many tokens that do very useful work in various areas of our lives. They should continue to bring comfort and convenience to people.
In connection with the above statement by the executive director of Twitter, I also think that there will be no additional bans on the crypto currency in this network.

Agreed, even though there was a great future predicted for Bitcoin, Altcoins should still exist and be used for numerous causes. But it really seems like Twitter is gonna go in same direction as Facebook and Google, it is now swarming with discussions about Crypto world, blockchain, Bitcoin and fake accounts impersonating someone else or real companies, with the aim of using their influence to raise money. Anyway, we'll see it in next two weeks I guess
Doubtless that Twitter will follow Facebook and Google in the case of ICO adds banning and I am sure that's for good.
The announcement from Twitter's CEO can move the price for bitcoin up, cause of such crypto positive and professional points of view usually bring such affect on the price.
BUT! Just imagine what price for bitcoin should be setted to it would be 'single currency'! One Satoshi should cost like a dollar to satisfy all needs in this 'single currency'!
Activity: 1078
Merit: 507
Hope that this guy won't ban all crypto ads after these words. Stupid to bully on a "single future currency" as he claims =)

Ya, this is more dreadful to think than anything else as coming with this step will block crypto from 3 big giant companies Google, Facebook and Twitter. But this statement has given a sense of insurance that things are likely to work good under Twitter banner but nothing is guarantee. As one see regulations move every another day, Twitter can also change its stand anytime.
Activity: 609
Merit: 255
Pandora's Tokens Bounties
Personally, I think that bitcoin is the first step to unifying the whole world. He is an example of the fact that people use him as a single structure of the life chain.
Just look at the development of other countries in the circle of oneself. First we will be convinced that we do not need our own currency in every country. Then think about why we need a country and borders, if there is a whole world, and there will be only one city. Perhaps lead to the disappearance of the world conflict
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
this one is a real commentator,and i salute him for being truth..since single future currency is impossible to happen as the fiats are incredibly needed by all means and bitcoin cant support the transaction of the world..this BIG PERSONS aren't reliable at all.because what they are saying today,will be different from tomorrow
legendary

This is a very favorable press release for Bitcoin and I assume for the whole cryptocurrency movement. I am sure that we have a good supporter in Twitter's CEO. And while am concerned about the stand of Facebook on Bitcoin-related ads, I am hoping that Twitter will not be following the same stand and will not be restricting ads especially with ICO programs though they can screen programs so that scams are not permitted to get in.

Jack Dorsey is one of the few executives of large companies who support and believe in cryptocurrencies. Of course, his statements can uphold Bitcoin’s price for a while. Quite interesting to see what is gonna happen with a price if ICOs will be banned.
Pages:
Jump to: