Pages:
Author

Topic: 2019 - the end of 90% altcoin? - page 3. (Read 19948 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 10
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
March 10, 2019, 12:34:53 PM
I think crypto has got only one purpose which is to make online/digital payment so making many cryptos and telling telling people that particular coin or tokens will be used for something different is just another big scam because for instance, bitcoin can be accpeted anywhere so why should projects keep popping up with the same idea of bitcoin, ether, usdt, ripple, stellar, ardor and many others. The top ones can be used alone and no worrying ourselves to get more tokens and coins for each project.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
March 10, 2019, 12:20:40 PM
This topic is true. I do not know how this user did it, but this is true. 2019 is indeed the year of the end of most ICO projects, and this is sad. And this is all because of the scammers who dragged all the money from cryptoinvestors!
Activity: 437
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
March 10, 2019, 12:18:49 PM
LOL. This prediction really come true Smiley). At the moment, so many altcoins turned into shitcoin cause their price almost zero even lower than 1sts on Coinmarketcap and trading volume is lower than $1k. Maybe till the end of this year, we will find out a new way to earn instead of investing in ICO project
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
March 10, 2019, 12:13:21 PM
Some coins will die, that is possible. but to reach the number of 90% from all of the altcoin that available in the market, that is a little bit hard, or even not possible at this moment. because many of those coins still has some value even it's just a really small value.
yes, if you see a lot of altcoin, i'm sure there are a lot of good altcoin in market, so even though there are many altcoin that die, it won't reac 90 % .
my estimate is that in 2019 50 % of altcoin will die.
Ratio against good coins might be more than 50% will die if not 90% it will be 75-80% percents of alts will be lack of support and die naturally, without any help with community even the project really have good intentions and good possible usage, the competitions around newer coins will be tough to overcome, as new projects will be introduced by bigger community or company that will lead crypto to another level.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 629
March 10, 2019, 12:04:04 PM
Late last year, followed by many people as often as I speak to this issue, and he says this incident will occur. Of course it is not possible to know what will happen until the end of this year, but I think it will be a year of death for many alternatives, because there are too many garbage and scam alternatives in the market. Of course rate as 90% of the available alternatives in the market this year, but that will not be left to die in the next 3-year period is too late moving in this direction and I think many investors would lose money very seriously.
Activity: 887
March 10, 2019, 11:37:12 AM
Some coins will die, that is possible. but to reach the number of 90% from all of the altcoin that available in the market, that is a little bit hard, or even not possible at this moment. because many of those coins still has some value even it's just a really small value.
yes, if you see a lot of altcoin, i'm sure there are a lot of good altcoin in market, so even though there are many altcoin that die, it won't reac 90 % .
my estimate is that in 2019 50 % of altcoin will die.
Activity: 2100
Merit: 174
March 10, 2019, 11:28:03 AM
The title is more or less right on the mark. Majority of ICOs that happened last 2 years are already dead; they didn't bring forth the product they promised to deliver. Many people also lost money to scam projects which damaged their trust towards it.  Anyway, the trend is moving on to STO so maybe after a year the ICO market will completely be gone.
Activity: 420
March 10, 2019, 10:49:32 AM
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
March 10, 2019, 10:17:00 AM
Since we have an exploding amount of ICO started from mid this year and most of these projects says they will have at least a prototype around end 2018 to 2019. Many of hear ICO projects will delay the release date, but nevertheless many of them should have something by the mid to end 2019.

What will happen to these ICOs that cannot deliver the promise? They will become zombie coin, as we have see the confido cases as I suspect there will be much more project fail down the track. And only a few hat will be among the top 25 coins with working project.

Do you guys think we the investors will be less interested in ICO in the following years as we gradually learn that we might not get our money back if we are stuck with these coins? And the number of the good coins will increases and people have more choices to diversify rather than just put the money in BTC and ETH?

I'm checking if this post was edited and I don't have any hint that it was edited at all, it was posted December 2017 and some of his analysis are all correct damn good analysis and prediction and no one merited this guy only me how come.
Activity: 868
Merit: 106
March 10, 2019, 10:10:28 AM
I see that altcoin will not end in 2019, and investors will also continue to increase with the assumption that investors will be smarter in investing in ico altcoins this year, because they have learned a lot from experience in 2017 and 2018.
Activity: 588
Merit: 128
March 10, 2019, 09:59:16 AM
Since we have an exploding amount of ICO started from mid this year and most of these projects says they will have at least a prototype around end 2018 to 2019. Many of hear ICO projects will delay the release date, but nevertheless many of them should have something by the mid to end 2019.

What will happen to these ICOs that cannot deliver the promise? They will become zombie coin, as we have see the confido cases as I suspect there will be much more project fail down the track. And only a few hat will be among the top 25 coins with working project.

Do you guys think we the investors will be less interested in ICO in the following years as we gradually learn that we might not get our money back if we are stuck with these coins? And the number of the good coins will increases and people have more choices to diversify rather than just put the money in BTC and ETH?

Here it is 2019. Yes, it is already clear how many projects did not take place - since no one really needs them.
90% already at the start promise fairy tales.
I am selecting working projects in the list on http://workingcryptos.com/en/ . You can offer and chat on this topic here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/really-working-cryptoprojects-not-from-top-50-5028218 .
Activity: 322
Merit: 15
December 05, 2017, 05:41:40 PM
I think most of them will still remain by 2020. But others with bad projects will not rise by mid 2018. Eventually, some of the altcoins will die.
Activity: 126
December 05, 2017, 05:38:17 PM
there will be more and more side-chains and tokens..
i dont believe that 90% of them will die.. it will be part of our life and everything will be connected with bridges from protocol to protocol
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
December 05, 2017, 05:33:12 PM
Several altcoins have already been outed as scams and others will have trouble really growing or scaling their businesses. You have startups with very little experience starting a company raising $30m+ in uncharted territories a lot of the time. Even in the rosiest of scenarios that sounds like an incredibly risky venture.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 500
December 05, 2017, 04:46:36 PM
Some of them will really die as the projects will not have a success, but I am not sure the percentage will be so great. I can admit that at least half of altcoins will be quitted and they would become useless.
Activity: 162
December 03, 2017, 04:18:43 AM
It's ridiculous to think of bitcoini just as an integer. Transfer can also be done with fractions. So I do not think bitcoin has a supply problem. Consider 1 satoshinin is a dollar.
and the fees?   for one satoshinin you pay a million satoshinins of fees
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
December 03, 2017, 02:08:24 AM
I think by 2020, about 99 percent of altcoin is going to die, because their value is just speculation, but nothing.
im not agree. ICO will keep lasting and live. the value will keep as long as the token have a function. in a few next year there will be many ico coming out that offering services by using their token. i believe as long as the token have a good function and its for good the project will able to maintain their project and able to develop their coin value. that is my opinion regarding yours statment but its true that many altcoins will be die cause i dont think its usefull for dailylife and not really used by poeple
Activity: 700
Merit: 275
December 03, 2017, 02:00:29 AM

Yes most probably we will see scenario like that only. Because there is no way people are going to be scammed forever and the new comers will understand the real deal about the altcoins pretty soon. These projects are literally made for the purpose fund raising and I have gut feeling that they do make the use of these funds to grow their real life business but they never ever share the profits which are rightful. This is due to the fact that everything here is decentralised and there is no way to catch them up. They can put tag of any prove they want and they can manipulate the prices the way they want. So I’m confident enough that this won’t be lasting for much longer and everything will collapse in the future. So no more shitcoin. There will be something bigger and completely straightforward like the way we have the bitcoin.

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003
December 03, 2017, 12:38:42 AM
Those investing in altcoins are definitely more selective than they use to be.  People actually research in the team, vision and expect products before tossing huge amounts of money into the project.  The days of just having a cool coin name and website is long gone.   
Activity: 224
December 02, 2017, 11:48:51 PM
Who says this? Its very different to say this, but most of short altcoins won't last... maybe not 90% will go away but mostly... so its very dangerous market situation and nobody knows whats going on Wink Grin
Pages:
Jump to: