Pages:
Author

Topic: 2019 - the end of 90% altcoin? - page 5. (Read 19948 times)

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283
December 02, 2017, 06:08:50 PM
Since we have an exploding amount of ICO started from mid this year and most of these projects says they will have at least a prototype around end 2018 to 2019. Many of hear ICO projects will delay the release date, but nevertheless many of them should have something by the mid to end 2019.

What will happen to these ICOs that cannot deliver the promise? They will become zombie coin, as we have see the confido cases as I suspect there will be much more project fail down the track. And only a few hat will be among the top 25 coins with working project.

Do you guys think we the investors will be less interested in ICO in the following years as we gradually learn that we might not get our money back if we are stuck with these coins? And the number of the good coins will increases and people have more choices to diversify rather than just put the money in BTC and ETH?
Unlike what most people think ICO tokens are not altcoins, they are simply currencies made based on the ethereum network that developers and project owners use to promote thier projects and to get a kickstarter on the projects, by selling these they get enough money just selling their ideas while others use them as if they were ethereum, this idea has ahd a masive success over the past few months and definetly had an impact not only on the ethereum but also on the other cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 479
Merit: 103
December 02, 2017, 05:55:14 PM
This will be a very interesting discovery to come -   which percentage of icon projects are just scams or bad projects which will not deliver what promised? In 2019 investors will be more careful.
Activity: 294
Merit: 107
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
December 02, 2017, 05:03:16 PM
Since we have an exploding amount of ICO started from mid this year and most of these projects says they will have at least a prototype around end 2018 to 2019. Many of hear ICO projects will delay the release date, but nevertheless many of them should have something by the mid to end 2019.

What will happen to these ICOs that cannot deliver the promise? They will become zombie coin, as we have see the confido cases as I suspect there will be much more project fail down the track. And only a few hat will be among the top 25 coins with working project.

Do you guys think we the investors will be less interested in ICO in the following years as we gradually learn that we might not get our money back if we are stuck with these coins? And the number of the good coins will increases and people have more choices to diversify rather than just put the money in BTC and ETH?

It's true that in time this will happen as some projects can't deliver on their promises or just do not find that they are as popular as they expected they would be. With regard to investors I think ICOs will always be popular as long as investors can profit. In time investors will probably have to be more select with which projects they choose but they will also probably be more knowledgeable and better able to pick good projects. If this is the case we will in turn have less poor projects as they won't raise any money.
Activity: 258
Merit: 100
The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export
December 02, 2017, 04:49:27 PM
No I don't think it is the end of 90% of altcoins by that time. I think that most will not be worth much but when new investors enter the scene they are looking for coins to get into which could mean pump for useless coins. I think we witnessed that in the bull run earlier this year so I don't rule it out if massive mainstream growth happens and the industry 10x in a year again.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
WEICROWD.COM - ICO Tech, Funding & Exchange
December 02, 2017, 04:48:32 PM

I guess we don't need to predict 2019. Watch 2018, that will give answers. Shit coins gonna die, greedy investors gonna die. Market would be healthy. Cheers!
Activity: 140
December 02, 2017, 04:43:22 PM
At some point people will turn their back to the most altcoins and invest in the long term projects. Like the  top20 and some hard working smaller projects. For now it is one happy family, but at some point only the strongest will survive.
Activity: 490
Merit: 102
December 02, 2017, 04:39:11 PM
It's just a matter of time, but I think we are too early yet to see any kind of mega bursts of the cryptocurrency market as a whole:
We would need to grow several orders of magnitudes for me to start being worried about a real bubble burst. The real good news is, Bitcoin is the Amazon of crypto, meaning that it will make higher highs after the overall market crash. In fact, it may absorb all the bubbled money on altcoins like we've seen before, but multiplied by x1000. By then LN will be operative and getting funds out of other coins and into BTC will be trivial, fast and cheap. BTC is hitting 6 figures during the next decade, it's pretty obvious at this point.
Yep still it took about 10 years for IBM, Apple and Amazon to regain the price of their stocks. But we are well far from the red line with cryptomarket. Also I think that although BTC (with 2-3 other leaders of the market) will absorb value of alts after the "crash" it will not multiply them 'cause to that timeline they all will be overpriced.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
December 02, 2017, 04:02:39 PM

Some of the coins existed in 2017 already died because their teams were not solid ones and they couldn't resist the pressure.

I agree with you, lots of them will die in 2018, 2019 and 2020. The result will be disappointing.
Activity: 924
Merit: 506
December 02, 2017, 03:58:50 PM
Which one of these ICO's ever delivered at all? Cheesy Almost 99% of all the ICO's have no real project or a real product to show to the investors, Only thing people are looking for by investing on these ICO's is having the chance to dump on exchanges for profit. I've done the same thing over4 and over, And I'm sure that the only people buying them back from investors are the same development teams. But where these profits come from? After bitcoin I'm sure governments will crack down on ICO's one by one or all of them at once and then they will go away.
Activity: 847
Merit: 500
December 02, 2017, 03:21:10 PM
Yes, definitely. The next two years are very important for the future of alt-coins and bitcoin in general. There will be a lot more people that will become more knowledgeable about the crypto currency world and I think most of the trash/scam altcoins will die out. Only a select few that actually adds value and tackles the problems that bitcoins have will have people that will continue to invest in them.

Nows the perfect time to get in. A lot of money can be made, but the same amount can be lost. Just be careful and know the next couple years will shape the future of crypo currencies.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
December 02, 2017, 03:14:35 PM
It will not happen, if cryptocurrency still one of the promising business based on blockchain. We can see many new cryptocurrency grow  so fast, even we can not think how many newly token or cryptocoin born everyday, this means so many company see crypto world the fastest way to grow our business.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
December 02, 2017, 02:50:01 PM

99% of ICOs are not altcoins, but they are tokens. Many ICO organizers will have legal problems soon. Those that gathered lots of money will of course easily pay penalties. those with little money will have serious problems.
Activity: 488
Merit: 322
December 02, 2017, 02:36:32 PM
we will see a lot of coins die off this year, all the ones who can show no progress or working product will begin to die. The big powerhouse coins will be able to survive though
Activity: 686
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 02, 2017, 02:09:42 PM

I don't know when altcoin end, but if 2019 ended ( maybe ) I have enough fund to start a new way created another income, so nothing to worry about it ( for me ). My strategy is keep collect btc & eth and grow up it with trading/ investment way. I never invest to ICO because I need more time to see they survive. I suggest keep away from invest with ICO just join the bounty program to get it with free. Have a nice day.
Activity: 182
December 02, 2017, 02:05:19 PM
So you mean that it is worthless to invest in ICO's as 90% of all projects will fail to deliver their product. I've just started to look into this market... and it looks like too late?
Activity: 523
Merit: 11
December 02, 2017, 02:02:52 PM
I think in 2019 altcoin could have ended or it might have gotten better, but it seems that if it ends it is certain because altcoin in the future can be less attractive. this is just my opinion   Grin
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
December 02, 2017, 02:01:04 PM
It's just a matter of time, but I think we are too early yet to see any kind of mega bursts of the cryptocurrency market as a whole:

We would need to grow several orders of magnitudes for me to start being worried about a real bubble burst. The real good news is, Bitcoin is the Amazon of crypto, meaning that it will make higher highs after the overall market crash. In fact, it may absorb all the bubbled money on altcoins like we've seen before, but multiplied by x1000. By then LN will be operative and getting funds out of other coins and into BTC will be trivial, fast and cheap. BTC is hitting 6 figures during the next decade, it's pretty obvious at this point.
Activity: 115
December 02, 2017, 01:56:27 PM
And I was so hoping that we are at the beginning of the development of cryptocurrencies. Sad But I agree with you, if the coin developers do not follow their road map and do not fulfill their obligation, then the future of such a coin is death.
Activity: 294
December 02, 2017, 01:37:53 PM
It seems to me that most of the coins will be die just because they are useless.
Activity: 84
December 02, 2017, 01:35:19 PM

ICO and altcoins are one of many way to increase our Bitcoin and ethereum,
so, i think its depends on people demands on cryptocurrency
Pages:
Jump to: