Pages:
Author

Topic: [2020-04-13] Coin Mixer’s Record Month Proves Bitcoin Users Want Anonymity - page 3. (Read 603 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509
The article also mentioned that Binance Singapore froze customer's accounts because it does not tolerate transactions that are directly and indirectly associated with businesses that offer gambling, darknet and mixing services.
Seriously, screw Binance and screw all services which pull crap like this. This is the kind of thing we moved away from fiat to try to escape - third party entities having control over your money, telling you what you are and are not allowed to spend your own money on, censoring your transactions, etc. If Binance don't like gambling, fine, don't provide gambling services. But tracking my bitcoin after it has been withdrawn from Binance and then shutting my account down because they found out I later took part in some gambling is some next level privacy invasion. Just another reason to add to the endless list of reasons to never used centralized scam exchanges like this.

As ETFbitcoin has said, the data show that only around 2% of mixed coins are associated with either darknet markets or with gambling (https://register.gotowebinar.com/recording/8980410054773689612). The vast majority of mixed coins come directly from exchanges, meaning it is largely people trying to prevent entities such as Binance from spying on them. It's great to see more people are taking their privacy seriously.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440
The article also mentioned that Binance Singapore froze customer's accounts because it does not tolerate transactions that are directly and indirectly associated with businesses that offer gambling, darknet and mixing services.

I reckon those 3 are bitcoin's biggest use cases hehehe.

Samourai Wallet’s Whirlpool has seen a notable increase in user activity during 2020 so far.

While Whirlpool saw a retraction in user activity at the end of 2019 after posting a record of 303.55 BTC in volume during October, each month of Q1 2020 set consecutive records for the number of Bitcoin’s mixed on the platform

In January, a new record of 356.65 BTC was set, followed by 529.05 BTC in trade during February, and 1,523.45 BTC in March.

April appears on-course to set yet another record for the service — with 1,020.80 BTC or 67% of March’s total having been mixed just 11 days into the month.

Read in full https://cointelegraph.com/news/coin-mixers-record-breaking-month-proves-bitcoin-users-want-anonymity
Pages:
Jump to: