Pages:
Author

Topic: 2020 Merit Source Application - TheBeardedBaby. [reopened2022] - page 3. (Read 2821 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 3148
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
Not that it really matters, but here's another "vacation" bump..
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 10424
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
[edited out]

This is months back, definitely can't wait to take part in any merit stuff that's going to take place on the forum; just like what you said here: Please don't merit this application, better send the merit to the posts below, there are many more who deserve to rank up. I already reached the top Smiley Thank you!

as life goes on can't wait to reach the top like you.

Surely, Timmzzy, you are decreasing your odds of reaching "the top" anytime soon if you cannot even figure out some basic courtesy matters, including how to crop previous posts, rather than including the whole god-damned thing.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Might have to slap you around a bit, Timmzzy, to attempt to shake some common sense into your head, if such shaking would even help beyond devolving into shanken-baby syndrome (pun intended, at the expense of bearded baby).   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 785
Merit: 34
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
I liked the bearded baby photo avatar.  I miss it. Angry

But I do support you in your quest.

Too long Theymos give it to him.
legendary
Seems like my post 4000 will be kind of a bump.

Just hitting another milestone today,1000 sent merit (hoarding still 2) and some minor milestones too > 4000 posts @ 2002 earned merit, which makes 0.5 earned merit per post.

^ Do this fit to the "somehowwhat established member" requirement for a merit source?

FTFY:  Don't mean to be a stickler (yes, I do), but "somehow" and "somewhat" have different meanings in the referred-to context.

Hahahahahaha

Seems to me that the concept of "somewhat established member" is merely to weed out the new newbies.. but not to be so exclusive to assert that low rank would preclude consideration or inclusion, and seems pretty clear that you have likely well-surpassed those who might be outside of such "somewhat established member" status (almost in an over-qualifying sense..  hahahahaaha).

Perhaps, what could be holding theymos back from immediately taking up the mantle of immediately revising aspects of the merit sources is that his revision in November 2019 was pretty BIG, so maybe he senses a bit less urgency in making significant adjustments, even if there might be some members (such as you, bearded) that he would likely have no problema adding to the bank of "somewhat established members" who transition into merit source status.

Note: I am not trying to suggest that I have any insight beyond something approximating pure guestimation.. however unhelpful that might be? Wink

Thank you for the correction. As you can tell I don't really like to use google (or any other) translator, and my written English is really bad. I'm trying to avoid also autocorrect so I can actually keep learning the language. I wish I had the time back in the day to take a proper courses and learn the damn thing as the other people do, but I was forced to study Spanish instead and wasted 5 years for language I actually never really practice (I love Spanish and Spain!!!) .. when you set your goals you really need to set them right.

I did not know that you were not a native English speaker... My attention was merely drawn to the idea of the quote and the concept of "somehow."

Many times no one is really going to notice if you make a variety of mistakes here and there along the way whether native speaker or not, and surely some native speakers have little to no grasp upon the language that they write or speak, so there surely can be a lot of mistakes, even with people who practice speaking/writing a lot.

The mistake that you made between "somehow" and "somewhat" was not really obvious, even though the idea of "somehow" struck me as a bit humorous and caused me to wonder whether theymos had really said something so loosey goosey as "somehow", and in my head, when I read that, I had remembered that theymos had said something slightly different... so I went back and looked at what theymos had written.

Anyhow, "somehow" is quite a bit more loosey goosey than "somewhat," even though they are surely close to similar ideas.

Even though there are a lot of native English speakers that are a bit other language ignorant, we are surely used to hearing and reading a decent number of non-native speakers of English, so it can be quite interesting to see or hear some word or sentence structure choices that are made by non-native speakers of English. 

Of course, for anyone who had attempted to learn any language, it can be really helpful to engage a lot with the language, and my own Spanish speaking / writing learning and skills are lacking in a lot of ways because I do NOT tend to practice very often - but part of the reason that I did choose to study Spanish (nearly 30 years ago) was because I thought that in the USA, Spanish could be a kind of practical language - so even with the passage of the years and my not actively studying of spanish, once in a while I do get opportunities to practice some Spanish and learn some more (or brush up on my memories), even though I likely do not put myself into likely practicing conditions as much as I probably should.. ...   
legendary
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(

Just hitting another milestone today,1000 sent merit (hoarding still 2) and some minor milestones too > 4000 posts @ 2002 earned merit, which makes 0.5 earned merit per post.

^ Do this fit to the "somehowwhat established member" requirement for a merit source?

FTFY:  Don't mean to be a stickler (yes, I do), but "somehow" and "somewhat" have different meanings in the referred-to context.

Hahahahahaha

Seems to me that the concept of "somewhat established member" is merely to weed out the new newbies.. but not to be so exclusive to assert that low rank would preclude consideration or inclusion, and seems pretty clear that you have likely well-surpassed those who might be outside of such "somewhat established member" status (almost in an over-qualifying sense..  hahahahaaha).

Perhaps, what could be holding theymos back from immediately taking up the mantle of immediately revising aspects of the merit sources is that his revision in November 2019 was pretty BIG, so maybe he senses a bit less urgency in making significant adjustments, even if there might be some members (such as you, bearded) that he would likely have no problema adding to the bank of "somewhat established members" who transition into merit source status.

Note: I am not trying to suggest that I have any insight beyond something approximating pure guestimation.. however unhelpful that might be? Wink

Thank you for the correction. As you can tell I don't really like to use google (or any other) translator, and my written English is really bad. I'm trying to avoid also autocorrect so I can actually keep learning the language. I wish I had the time back in the day to take a proper courses and learn the damn thing as the other people do, but I was forced to study Spanish instead and wasted 5 years for language I actually never really practice (I love Spanish and Spain!!!) .. when you set your goals you really need to set them right.
legendary

Hahahahahaha

legendary
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(

^ Do this fit to the "somewhat established member" requirement for a merit source?

legendary
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
I had some 50 btc lying around and I just thought, why not  change my name just for fun? Well, SpamBuster was taken already (damn you who registered this name when I opened the club) so I had no other way to still be able to be recognized from those who knew me. /jk
On the serious note, I had to use my internal connections so somehow my request was granted Smiley
I'll see how it will go with the merit source thing, I might need to look for another forgotten 50btc to throw, lol.

Again at 0 smerit Sad
Activity: 186
Merit: 253
I came here to yell at some random newborn baby asking to be a merit source but it turns out it's not quite like that.

Well played.
I remember that this topic was created by "iasenko". How's that possible, "iasenko" now becomes "TheBeardedBaby"? I don't see any "Change user name" feature on this forum?

I was getting confused too... I could not remember subscribing to any thread with any bearded baby... so I kind of just gave up and said.. I must have known a bearded baby at some previous time.. but Alzheimer's kicking in... condition stronger than previously thought.
I've just digged some researches and found out the old "iasenko" had such a special interest with a bearded baby that he used as his avatar for ages.

Maybe his username was changed the second way:

Q: I want to change my forum username. What should I do?
A: You can either donate 50 BTC to become a VIP or PM theymos asking to change your username (although he rarely accepts such requests nowadays).
legendary
I came here to yell at some random newborn baby asking to be a merit source but it turns out it's not quite like that.

Well played.
I remember that this topic was created by "iasenko". How's that possible, "iasenko" now becomes "TheBeardedBaby"? I don't see any "Change user name" feature on this forum?

I was getting confused too... I could not remember subscribing to any thread with any bearded baby... so I kind of just gave up and said.. I must have known a bearded baby at some previous time.. but Alzheimer's kicking in... condition stronger than previously thought.
Activity: 186
Merit: 253

Well played.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
More like Cyrus. The perks of being active in the Discord server with the lads. You gain more friends and even some wishes. Smiley

Ah, so that's where the whole DT gang merit cycling moderator bribing corruption is happening these days. I feel old.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
Theymos has been granting wishes Cheesy Just not the Merit source wishes.
More like Cyrus. The perks of being active in the Discord server with the lads. You gain more friends and even some wishes. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
It was pretty obvious (to me) who this is, all I had to do is confirm the userID (and update my files) Smiley

Theymos has been granting wishes Cheesy Just not the Merit source wishes.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

Well played.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 4085
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
legendary
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
Time for another bump Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
I'm out of smerit again, and I not very active (in terms of writing) lately but I do read a lot, it would be nice if I can spread some more around.
Meanwhile, I'm having a harder time getting rid of my source sMerits. I'm amazed I'm still #1 Most generous recent merit sender, while it feels like there's a continuous obligation to get rid of sMerits. They keep coming back, just when I had it down to ~30, this morning I was at 90+ again.
I now usually give 4 at a time, I'm Meriting anything that's even remotely "okay", and yet it keeps piling up.

/just Merit source problems. Feel free to post suggestions Smiley
legendary
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
Soon will be 5 months since I published my application.
Here is my merit history for the past 120 days, almost the time of:
2020-04-27 Mon 08.50h: Merit received by iasenko in the last 120 days: 475 (sent: 237)
Source LoyceV's stats.
That makes is almost 54 smerit sent per month. I'm out of smerit again, and I not very active (in terms of writing) lately but I do read a lot, it would be nice if I can spread some more around.
Ever since the merit system came in place I spend all my smerit (trying to keep approx 3-5 merit if any good posts showed up) and I'm trying to reward 1 merit per post.
Pages:
Jump to: