Pages:
Author

Topic: > 2.1: temporary manipulative bailout or sign of reversal? - page 2. (Read 3663 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."
Things are going to get interesting... Stay tuned.
Activity: 336
From the speed Im seeing these walls move I think the manipulator is using some sort of software or bot to move and set up these walls.

Definitely. It wouldn't be difficult to write yourself up a custom script to control and interact with the mtgox API. You could have the script set up your positions and remove them with a single click. Any manipulator worth his salt would be doing something like this.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
From the speed Im seeing these walls move I think the manipulator is using some sort of software or bot to move and set up these walls.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
"Game over": A phrase used to describe the Bitcoin price changes past December 21, 2012.
In other words, a meaningless catch-phrase that people toss around for whatever reason people toss such things around.  That was my suspicion.

It's the minting cut. And I don't think it's meaningless, not if people dump coins the way they do now. Less coins, less room for inflation.

Game over, because it got real. That's what the post probably meant. Wink

Bitcoin

brought to you by the manipulator
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
Whats wrong with a little meme trolling?  Grin

Anyway the wall is back @2

Correction 2.2
LOL

Shit!  I had just gotten myself genuinely convinced that I really did want to see things deep into the $1.xx's.  But the weekend is yet young...and the wall seems cyclic and ratcheting the price in a 'favorable' direction.

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002
"Game over": A phrase used to describe the Bitcoin price changes past December 21, 2012.
In other words, a meaningless catch-phrase that people toss around for whatever reason people toss such things around.  That was my suspicion.

It's the minting cut. And I don't think it's meaningless, not if people dump coins the way they do now. Less coins, less room for inflation.

Game over, because it got real. That's what the post probably meant. Wink
Activity: 431
Merit: 251
Back up to $2.20 with a 50k wall at $2.
So much for the $1.xx prices so many of you were hoping for.
Not tonight anyway.

From the steps Im seeing on MTGox live i think our manipulator is getting back in it. Just when I thought he was gone for good.

Yeah, watched that happen here too.  Looks like he decided to show everyone who really owns the market Smiley
I hope all you of you who were shorting on bitcoinica have taken your profits already. Wink
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Not tonight anyway.

From the steps Im seeing on MTGox live i think our manipulator is getting back in it. Just when I thought he was gone for good.
Not tonight anyway.

Edit: scratch that, now it's 100k bitcoins required to get back to $2.
legendary
Whats wrong with a little meme trolling?  Grin

Anyway the wall is back @2

Correction 2.2
LOL
legendary
Exactly but in order to do that the oscillation may not be damped. Because if it is the buyers above 2 might not show up.
Its the same game all over, curious why it still works.
I've yet to hear a cogent and descriptive definition of 'game over', and in fact I don't think I've ever heard anyone really tackle that.  A handful of folks fiddling around with Bitcoin on packet radio or some such could have 'a game' and probably kind of an interesting one.
In other words, a meaningless catch-phrase that people toss around for whatever reason people toss such things around.  That was my suspicion.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1076
I don't think this seller is reckless, but I do believe they have massive volume and only temporary sucking up the buyers over $2 while they can.
Exactly but in order to do that the oscillation may not be damped. Because if it is the buyers above 2 might not show up.

I've yet to hear a cogent and descriptive definition of 'game over', and in fact I don't think I've ever heard anyone really tackle that.  A handful of folks fiddling around with Bitcoin on packet radio or some such could have 'a game' and probably kind of an interesting one.

I'm guessing that Chodpaba was right and we are in a phase where BTC changes hands from the category of people who would tend to be early adopters of something like Bitcoin to a different, unspecified, category.  'bag holders'?  Possibly.  Time will tell.
legendary
I don't think this seller is reckless, but I do believe they have massive volume and only temporary sucking up the buyers over $2 while they can.

I'm guessing that Chodpaba was right and we are in a phase where BTC changes hands from the category of people who would tend to be early adopters of something like Bitcoin to a different, unspecified, category.  'bag holders'?  Possibly.  Time will tell.

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
i don't know about everyone else but ....

i'v been watching it drop for months

when it reached ~2.5$ (last month) i couldnt help it i had to BUY

once again i just cant help it BUY BUY BUY! its crazy cheep
Activity: 378
"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."
legendary

It does apparently, every time a sell wall was pushed down to 2 it was gobbled up within a few seconds.

That's the classic stock market thinking, just not this time. Sit back and enjoy the show. Wink
It's just for not triggering the indicators.
Mind you there are plenty of bots which all use these indicators, and since bitcoinica ~1/3 of mtgox volume and bots another slice in similar size which nobody knows the remaining people can do much, but not everything they want except in rare cases were people own a really fat wallet and dump it there.

If that happens there is oscillations which amplitude get higher if the dumping takes place in fast succession. Reminds me of the firing pattern of neurons, maybe that might be a good predictive model for this thing  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: