Pages:
Author

Topic: 22 Messages From Creationists To People Who Believe In Evolution - page 3. (Read 18771 times)

legendary
Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016
Why doesn't God just destroy Satan? God is all-powerful and omnipresent after all.

Maybe he doesn't want to kill/fight fire with fire. But he was happy to send his only son down to earth to get crucified.

If he really has influence on humankind, surely he would stop all the suffering and create some sort of new planet for us all to live on in peace.

Or maybe he's just not real, and was made up by people, due to their previous lack of knowledge about physics and the universe. I know which explanation I believe.

Back to the Evo vs ID debate, yes it would be nice if there were MORE evidence backing the evolutionary theory (same as any other scientific theory - It can never be proven totally 100%) But the evidence we do have is surely better than the evidence of ID, which is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

I know which one I'd bet my bitcoins on.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
Unfortunately,  I believe that science has become an excuse to not believe in God.  It is a way for many people (not all), who don't want to believe in God or be accountable to one, to have a great excuse not to. 

So long for the "it should be a choice" thing of your previous post, eh?
Nobody uses science to "not want to believe in God", that's outrageous absurd! One can is choose to believe in God or Gods for whatever reason. Science is not "believable", there's no such thing as "belief in science", it either does work and can provide solid evidence of such, or doesn't, nothing to "believe" there. Your car doesn't work because "you have faith".
legendary
Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

Quote from: Wikipedia
Archaeopteryx (/ˌɑrkiːˈɒptərɨks/ AR-kee-OP-tər-iks), sometimes referred to by its German name Urvogel ("original bird" or "first bird"), is a genus of early bird that is transitional between feathered dinosaurs and modern birds.

One of my favourite fossils, I remember reading about it 20 years ago when I was a kid. Since then, a lot more evidence has surfaced to suggest today's birds are distant relatives of dinosaurs - likely that they are related to the very few small dinosaurs that escaped the extinction event.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
What I believe or what you believe is irrelevant to what the truth really is.

The question is, is there absolute truth?  Is what we are being taught in science today "absolute truth" or just "theories?" Should we put our complete faith in science then?  Have scientists ever been wrong?  Are the theories, such as Darwinian theory, believable enough to override our belief in God because of it?

For many people that answer is "YES!  Absolutely!"  And that is a choice you are totally allowed to make.

I have a right not to put my faith in Darwinian evolution don't I?  If you are trying to persuade me though please give me the respect I will give you in letting you choose to believe what I choose to.

Problem with religion is that everything is an absolute truth ( regarding religion ) and you stay behind that without even questioning anything regarding religion and the Bible, but yet you ask of science to provide you with the facts and when you are given you chose to ignore them. Evolution is a proven fact, you can see it but many chose o ignore it, humans have been manipulated genome or animals for a long time now, but yet you still think natural selection and life was created by all might God?

Bible has been proven to be a SF book written 2000 years ago. I just hope we don't get back to dark ages when religious people used to kill scientists for daring to say against holy Book and all might good.

But you are free to believe that a loving God can create sickness, starvation, blind children, rapists who rape them....

I am extremely sad that you view God in that way.  I am also sad that it is perhaps because of how you perceive Christians to be.  It is God's kindness that leads us to repentance.  When we can really grasp how great His love is for us, that is when we start to see things differently.

You are right that there is sickness, starvation, blindness, rapists, abuse etc.  I know first hand how God feels about the abuse, unfortunately.  He spoke to me as a child and said, "I am crying too" when I asked Him why it was happening to me.  That helped me at least understand I was not alone.  We are not giving credit where credit is due for evil things.  Satan is said to be the deceiver and he roams the earth looking for ways to "steal, kill and destroy" and takes great pleasure in harming us.  It is his way of "getting back at God" if you will for the judgement put on him.  So if you want to be ticked off at someone, how about him?  That is where my anger is directed.  And I take comfort in knowing that in the end God will make all thing right.

Unfortunately,  I believe that science has become an excuse to not believe in God.  It is a way for many people (not all), who don't want to believe in God or be accountable to one, to have a great excuse not to. 
Activity: 173
Merit: 101

The question is, is there absolute truth?  Is what we are being taught in science today "absolute truth" or just "theories?" Should we put our complete faith in science then?  Have scientists ever been wrong?  Are the theories, such as Darwinian theory, believable enough to override our belief in God because of it?

For many people that answer is "YES!  Absolutely!"  And that is a choice you are totally allowed to make.

I have a right not to put my faith in Darwinian evolution don't I?  If you are trying to persuade me though please give me the respect I will give you in letting you choose to believe what I choose to.

Problem with religion is that everything is an absolute truth ( regarding religion ) and you stay behind that without even questioning anything regarding religion and the Bible, but yet you ask of science to provide you with the facts and when you are given you chose to ignore them. Evolution is a proven fact, you can see it but many chose o ignore it, humans have been manipulated genome or animals for a long time now, but yet you still think natural selection and life was created by all might God?

Bible has been proven to be a SF book written 2000 years ago. I just hope we don't get back to dark ages when religious people used to kill scientists for daring to say against holy Book and all might good.

But you are free to believe that a loving God can create sickness, starvation, blind children, rapists who rape them....
legendary

Some questions are simply brilliant, you really have to be brain washed to believe in a talking snake, talking burning bush, woman from a rib.. But hey, lets face it, we all walk on a flat Earth that is a center of universe and its 6000 years old, give or take few decades... But what i find even more funny is that when we ( we = humans ) broke the DNA code we found the same patterns in every animal/plant since life came to be... But i guess they need more...

I could say so much but just be ridiculed so I will just leave this one quote: "Now the genetic difference between human and his nearest relative, the chimpanzee, is at least 1.6%. That doesn't sound like much, but calculated out, that is a gap of at least 48,000,000 nucleotides, and a change of only 3 nucleotides is fatal to an animal; there is no possibility of change."

This is taken from this article: http://www.trueauthority.com/cvse/monkeybusiness.htm

Please do say..... I cant w8 to read what will religious person write here. but please explain if the Bible is one and only truth, wtf is wrong with Earth, it should be flat.... Aliens, it must have been aliens who made it round.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Sentinel
I could say so much but just be ridiculed so I will just leave this one quote: "Now the genetic difference between human and his nearest relative, the chimpanzee, is at least 1.6%. That doesn't sound like much, but calculated out, that is a gap of at least 48,000,000 nucleotides, and a change of only 3 nucleotides is fatal to an animal; there is no possibility of change."

This is taken from this article: (obviously junk)

So, more than 3 genetic code fragments changes kill an animal ? That's total news to all those who changed significantly more than that already.
Additionally, humans amongst themselves have differences far exceeding 3 genomes, heck a hamster or a cat has more genetic spread in its own species.

As usual, if some religious bullshit sites spread MUD, one is better off referencing actual scientific ones. "TrueAuthority.com" should rather read "InsaneBullShit.com" to be honest about itself.

...but tell that to a completely uneducated religious nut, waste of time.

PS.
That one quote was enough for you to ridicule yourself. Mission accomplished.

Achievement Unlocked : Make a complete, brainless idiot out of yourself
legendary
But still, in this subject I believe it has more to do with want to believe then actually believe.
Many of religious people aren't dumb, they are perfectly aware of the religion flaws, lack of coherence and myths. The problem is that science is ice cold and deliver the news in a pretty icy way.

We want and actually need some sort of purpouse, religion made up God and Gods for that end. Not much of a purpouse anyway to roam around to "praise God", but still a purpouse. Science on the other end just tell us "hey! You are just a sort of chimp with a larger brain, evolved totally random among the other animal species"... not much of PR here.  Grin
legendary
Some questions are simply brilliant, you really have to be brain washed to believe in a talking snake, talking burning bush, woman from a rib.. But hey, lets face it, we all walk on a flat Earth that is a center of universe and its 6000 years old, give or take few decades... But what i find even more funny is that when we ( we = humans ) broke the DNA code we found the same patterns in every animal/plant since life came to be... But i guess they need more...

This is taken from this article: http://www.trueauthority.com/cvse/monkeybusiness.htm
legendary
What does this have to do with Bitcoin?

Oh - I get it!  You are saying that Bitcoin cannot exist because it is not mentioned in Genesis.  Mystery solved!

I think Bitcoin is mentioned in Revelation though. Wink
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
14...... Oh man. It's scary that people don't understand the term "theory" when used used in a scientific terminology.
Activity: 2
A fundamental characteristic of a scientific theory is that it makes testable and correct predictions.
The bible seems much worse than chance on that score.

This atheist-baiting is very un-Christian like.  Unless you are a Machiavelli-Christian, in which case anything goes.
Activity: 2
What does this have to do with Bitcoin?

Oh - I get it!  You are saying that Bitcoin cannot exist because it is not mentioned in Genesis.  Mystery solved!
legendary
Well, that's stupid.  You mean they're proposing that Creationism meets *all* the criteria for a scientific theory?
I know that I've heard about it being taught in schools, but I didn't assume that it was being put forth as a scientific theory.

AFAIK some States, like Kentucky, did it and included it under "Sciences". At Europe, IDK about Ireland the only country with "anti-Heretic laws", but I believe none did such thing.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

Science, like any academic discipline, is a theory about knowledge acquisition.

Creationism is a theory about the origin of the Universe and its contents.

Fairy tales aren't theories.

The definition of *anything* is a theory about that thing.  A theory doesn't need to be scientific; ones that are are called scientific theories.  Scientific theories must meet a certain kind of criteria, but other theories can have other criteria.

Again:

"they are pushing it as a scientific theory, and even trying it to be taught in biology classes."

Well, that's stupid.  You mean they're proposing that Creationism meets *all* the criteria for a scientific theory?
I know that I've heard about it being taught in schools, but I didn't assume that it was being put forth as a scientific theory.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

The definition of *anything* is a theory about that thing.  A theory doesn't need to be scientific; ones that are are called scientific theories.  Scientific theories must meet a certain kind of criteria, but other theories can have other criteria.

Again:

"they are pushing it as a scientific theory, and even trying it to be taught in biology classes."
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

cp1
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Stop using branwallets

Pages:
Jump to: