Pages:
Author

Topic: 23 Skidoo CHAO Information - page 7. (Read 39816 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
September 07, 2017, 11:26:54 AM
Hello I have 0.00258718 chao. chao in cryptopia, what do you recommend me to do?
Activity: 32
September 07, 2017, 09:29:44 AM
Infernoman,

I'm on the new version compiled with boost 1.61 on 16.04 LTS and reindexing as I type this. I noticed pools are halted. Not sure what's going on. As far as the chain ID, I'd have to do some digging to get more insight on this issue, but I'll dig around. With the auxpow number changed, there is a little more time to get it fixed to avoid conflict, but at least it won't affect regular mining. I'm a full node, so while reindexing, I've got people connecting as well so it shouldn't be long before everyone is caught up. Keep in mind folks, you might have to reindex your block chain.

I've pointed my miners over to wmikrut.com since you can mine CHAO directly but haven't been able to connect, I'm also running a full node on the pool, and my chain is up to date. worst case ill disable my other coins to get it moving.

EDIT: it's moving. If cryptopia does decide to remove CHAO i'll leave it on infernopool for you guys since its much easier to support an AUXPOW coin instead of solo.

I've had the same problem with wmikrut for 6+ months. I think Comcast may be dropping some of the traffic which doesn't surprise me. They are known for traffic shaping and randomly dropping traffic because of how pathetic their infrastructure is. Like I said in an earlier post.. all Comcast does is gobble up smaller cable/internet companies and then doesn't upgrade infrastructure, then charge their customers stupid prices for 50 year old ISP technology (the physical part that is, not the software as Xfinity has shown vague improvements). wmikrut needs to get off Comcast, besides... Comcast uses telnet for their access to the modems which is all clear text. Then again... ATT isn't much better because of how their NVG589 and 599s have vulnerability issues.

https://www.inforisktoday.com/researcher-att-routers-be-easily-compromised-a-10255

Google fiber and other fiber companies are starting to step it up, but it's slow roll out. Will look into chain ID as I get time.

My node should be reindexed by now. I'm on .11.
Be in touch soon.
Thanks again.
Jubei
Activity: 2
September 07, 2017, 08:51:43 AM
Hi, my friend, I'm from Argentina I tell you I'm conspirqnoico, I think and investigate the illuminati coins, I study computer, I have enough chao in cryptopia, which you recommend me to do? I read the comments of this forum, x what I see are updating and there will be a hardfork? , could you kindly explain what I should do: / I currently have 0.00258718 chao.
Activity: 164
Merit: 71
September 06, 2017, 11:44:00 PM
If and when I decide to switch over to the updated codebase (say after getting my situation together and obtaining a suitable ASIC someday), would that be when I would need to be concerned about reindexing? (Or if I keep running version 0.10.1.1 can I remain unaware of the actual implementation/mechanics of this kind of intricacy until that eventual point in time?)  If I eventually upgrade (say, to get the GUI-wallet compiled) to version 0.11, I presume one would have to save a copy of wallet.dat or backup one's coins somehow... (?)

What does running a full node really mean?  I take it one needs to have a host/server running all the time but is this anything more than merely running skidood from the terminal window and transmitting the blockchain to connected peers from time-to-time?

Also @CryptogreenT:  the other coins started by Blazr2/Hagbard Celine that I know of are Cthulhu-Offerings [OFF], Unobtanium [UNO or UN], and Flaxscript [FLAX].
legendary
Activity: 964
Merit: 1000
September 06, 2017, 08:48:51 PM
Infernoman,

I'm on the new version compiled with boost 1.61 on 16.04 LTS and reindexing as I type this. I noticed pools are halted. Not sure what's going on. As far as the chain ID, I'd have to do some digging to get more insight on this issue, but I'll dig around. With the auxpow number changed, there is a little more time to get it fixed to avoid conflict, but at least it won't affect regular mining. I'm a full node, so while reindexing, I've got people connecting as well so it shouldn't be long before everyone is caught up. Keep in mind folks, you might have to reindex your block chain.

I've pointed my miners over to wmikrut.com since you can mine CHAO directly but haven't been able to connect, I'm also running a full node on the pool, and my chain is up to date. worst case ill disable my other coins to get it moving.

EDIT: it's moving. If cryptopia does decide to remove CHAO i'll leave it on infernopool for you guys since its much easier to support an AUXPOW coin instead of solo.
September 06, 2017, 07:49:03 PM
Infernoman,

September 06, 2017, 04:16:09 PM
i've just seen chao on cryptopia. it's 31.000 btc per coin?? is that right??

can it be mined?

It can be mined solo, at https://yiimp.infernopool.com/ (which will hopefully permit merged-mining soon [if not presently]), also at zpool.ca and http://wmikrut.com/ .
legendary
September 06, 2017, 02:38:39 PM

Also, and importantly, for anyone else with a stake, this beloved CHAO-coin is being dropped from Cryptopia -- so anyone affected really ought to get their coins off that exchange.  Hopefully there'll be news about other exchanges soon (so that there is an open market for 23-Skidoo in the long term). Tongue

Why is Cryptopia dropping Chao?

As long as the coin is not hacked or hijacked exchanges should not be a problem soon.

Because for some reason they seem to think im a bad actor on the network. http://prntscr.com/ghwm8x

I'm sorry but 51% attack could be easily with 2 th/s  net hashrate   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
And It even has no PoS.
If I add this coin to my marketplace I will require 300 confirmations at deposits to prevent losses

Yupp you're correct. but once merge mining is active there will probably be close to 5ph/s
Activity: 1092
Merit: 273
September 06, 2017, 02:20:54 PM

Also, and importantly, for anyone else with a stake, this beloved CHAO-coin is being dropped from Cryptopia -- so anyone affected really ought to get their coins off that exchange.  Hopefully there'll be news about other exchanges soon (so that there is an open market for 23-Skidoo in the long term). Tongue

As long as the coin is not hacked or hijacked exchanges should not be a problem soon.

Because for some reason they seem to think im a bad actor on the network. http://prntscr.com/ghwm8x

I'm sorry but 51% attack could be easily with 2 th/s  net hashrate   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
And It even has no PoS.
If I add this coin to my marketplace I will require 300 confirmations at deposits to prevent losses
legendary
September 06, 2017, 01:51:40 PM

legendary
September 06, 2017, 01:47:17 PM
After ~5 hours of waiting

skidoo-cli getinfo
{
    "version" : 110000,
    "protocolversion" : 70003,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 7898,
    "timeoffset" : -18,
    "connections" : 9,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 69.19732235,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1504688440,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "relayfee" : 0.00001000,
    "errors" : ""
}

It seems I will need 2 weeks to sync the wallet.... And 1 of CPU threads is fully load,   WTF it enables mining (generate) by default?

There are a lot of people resyncing on the network right now. so currently it is going to be slower than normal.
Also the block explorer started updating their client about 9 hours ago. https://chainz.cryptoid.info/chao
legendary
September 06, 2017, 01:40:00 PM
Infernoman,

I see where you updated the auxpow number from 600000 to 825000 from .10.1.1 release to .11 release a day ago on the github
https://github.com/Infernoman/skidoo
I'll update my node and reindex with the new figure.

Thanks again.

-----------------------------------------

Also....

Hey startsts,

Adding to your exchange would be awesome and much appreciated by the entire community, even the silent ones, but then again, maybe they hold well to the mythology?
It would be nice to see more exchanges picking up this whale of a coin.

Thanks.

Great to hear Smiley I found your work and was just very surprised that it wasn't enforced, my apologies for running in like I did. One more change I was trying to enforce was changing the AUXPOW_CHAIN_ID so that CHAO wouldn't conflict with another coin at all. Currently coins with the same AUXPOW_CHAIN_ID are unable to be mined together. For AUXPOW_CHAIN_ID 117 there are quite a few of them conflicting.
September 06, 2017, 01:07:42 PM
After ~5 hours of waiting

skidoo-cli getinfo
{
    "blocks" : 7898,
    "timeoffset" : -18,
    "connections" : 9,
    "difficulty" : 69.19732235,
}

It seems I will need 2 weeks to sync the wallet.... And 1 of CPU threads is fully load,   WTF it enables mining (generate) by default?
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
September 06, 2017, 12:37:20 PM

Activity: 294
Merit: 101
September 06, 2017, 12:30:46 PM
I like coins started by Blazr2.

Can you be so kind to tell me which other coins have been started by Blazr2... this coin is so strage and so fun! LOL
September 06, 2017, 11:59:36 AM
Infernoman,

I see where you updated the auxpow number from 600000 to 825000 from .10.1.1 release to .11 release a day ago on the github
https://github.com/Infernoman/skidoo
I'll update my node and reindex with the new figure.

Thanks again.

-----------------------------------------

Also....

Hey startsts,

Adding to your exchange would be awesome and much appreciated by the entire community, even the silent ones, but then again, maybe they hold well to the mythology?
It would be nice to see more exchanges picking up this whale of a coin.

Thanks.
September 06, 2017, 06:59:18 AM
Seems not working.  One hour of waiting and still not sync

skidoo-cli getinfo
{
    "blocks" : 5098,
    "timeoffset" : -7,
    "connections" : 7,
    "difficulty" : 370.45045045,
}

And when I use the command "/skidoo-cli getinfo" it delays the answer for 10-30 seconds , is ok?
legendary
September 06, 2017, 04:22:46 AM
Argh!!  Shocked  So much going on with one of my favorite coins...

I thought Infernoman wanted to make the fork so that it can be merge-mined in his pool along with other SHA256 coins (I ignored this, as I have no ASIC [yet?]).

I guess I have to figure out how these changes affect the client I have.  So... noob questions:

1)  if I'm running version 10.1.1 (and I have some coins in my wallet)... what are the steps I would need to do to?
2) [and perhaps as importantly WHY?]  -- Note that there seem to be six Skidoo sub-versions seen (how's that for alliteration?) in the last 24 hours of the network according to https://chainz.cryptoid.info/chao/#!network .
3) finally, any help compiling a QT wallet on Ubuntu would be appreciated (as I've only ever been able to get BTC and Dash functioning in a GUI-wallet, sadly (and there's a number of coins I'm much more favorably-disposed to than those).  Not really a question... the question is how would one go about doing this? (I've downloaded QT Creator 5 previously in various flailing attempts at GUI wallets, attempted various compiling/building adjustments, and altered files to successfully compile headless wallets (but, alas, have produced few GUI wallets).

Also, and importantly, for anyone else with a stake, this beloved CHAO-coin is being dropped from Cryptopia -- so anyone affected really ought to get their coins off that exchange.  Hopefully there'll be news about other exchanges soon (so that there is an open market for 23-Skidoo in the long term). Tongue

The fork wasnt created by me, but the developer "thegreatoldone". I'm just helping enforce it. All i did was change the ChainID to avoid conflicting with UNO. Chainz has just updated their wallet. Cryptopia will most likely keep CHAO. but you guys need to make support requests supporting the fork because cryptopia seems to think i have bad intentions. if you have coins in your wallet and dont plan on mining, you dont have to do a thing. your wallet will stay connected to the network and any transactions sent or received will still be valid.
September 06, 2017, 01:39:52 AM
I could add this coin to my pool/market https://cryptohub.online/  if community really needs.
September 06, 2017, 01:21:57 AM
Argh!!  Shocked  So much going on with one of my favorite coins...

I thought Infernoman wanted to make the fork so that it can be merge-mined in his pool along with other SHA256 coins (I ignored this, as I have no ASIC [yet?]).

I guess I have to figure out how these changes affect the client I have.  So... noob questions:

1)  if I'm running version 10.1.1 (and I have some coins in my wallet)... what are the steps I would need to do to?
2) [and perhaps as importantly WHY?]  -- Note that there seem to be six Skidoo sub-versions seen (how's that for alliteration?) in the last 24 hours of the network according to https://chainz.cryptoid.info/chao/#!network .
3) finally, any help compiling a QT wallet on Ubuntu would be appreciated (as I've only ever been able to get BTC and Dash functioning in a GUI-wallet, sadly (and there's a number of coins I'm much more favorably-disposed to than those).  Not really a question... the question is how would one go about doing this? (I've downloaded QT Creator 5 previously in various flailing attempts at GUI wallets, attempted various compiling/building adjustments, and altered files to successfully compile headless wallets (but, alas, have produced few GUI wallets).

Pages:
Jump to: