Pages:
Author

Topic: 23 Skidoo CHAO Information - page 2. (Read 39816 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
November 28, 2017, 08:00:20 PM
There have been no massive gaps in blocks for about a month https://chainz.cryptoid.info/chao/#!overview and 7 computers on the network now.

Trying to figure out exactly where the problem was, here are money supplies at various blocks

current 803083 0.28454655 CHAO

800,000 0.28345374 CHAO
700,000 0.24801114 CHAO
600,000 0.21258778 CHAO
500,000 0.17716408 CHAO
400,000 0.14172148 CHAO
300,000 0.10629779 CHAO
200,000 0.07085630 CHAO
100,000 0.0354337 CHAO

So if there has been no halving then coin count seems right? Is that correct?

So is what happened at Cryptopia that somebody deposited coins, sold them, then 51% attacked the transaction that sent the coins so the coins were never sent on the official chain?
In that case Cryptopia could mention the originating wallet that sent the coins and as long as those coins were boycotted then the coin would have integrity. That would require adding something like a 'colored coins' feature to the wallet maybe that would color coins by address and the person who attacked the coin would be holding the wrong color after that. If an exchange wanted to accept their wrong colored coins that exchange would be free to but would not have viability.

Is that what happened and does that sound like a reasonable solution if a dev can be found to paint the hackers coins?

Next would be preventing further similar issues, and it seems like making a very high minimum confirmation, plus a minimum block time to prevent several days blocks being released at once, etc.

Then Cryptopia's lost coins, which as I've said I will pay more than my proportional amount, since I bought a lot cheap, but there has to be others also willing to reimburse Cryptopia.

Can somebody peer review this^^^^^
Activity: 164
Merit: 71
November 22, 2017, 04:50:29 AM
Does anyone know of any exchanges that have CHAO currently listed? Prices are INSANE and I would like to know where the data showing a high of $208,759 USD came from (according to Coin Market Cap on 2017 SEP 02) HERE!

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/23-skidoo/
As noted in the previous post, the coin is only trading at Cryptohub at the moment.

That coinmarketcap price reflects the trading at Cryptopia before things went sideways with 23-Skidoo/CHAO at that exchange.  The Cryptopia trading price varied between 25 and 50 BTC for 1 CHAO (still not existent) during the last few months that it was trading there.  The 30 or so BTC/CHAO price when trading was interrupted was actually at the lower end of the trading range (it had a floor/support at 40 BTC for awhile).

As can be seen from the block explorer (https://chainz.cryptoid.info/chao/), there have only been 0.283 CHAO mined since its inception in February 2014. If someday it gets there, there should/will only ever be a maximum of 23 total coins.  The price is perhaps not particularly insane if you consider that it is the same hashing algorithm as BTC, yet the block reward is an extremely small amount of CHAO--as described in the first post of this thread.  Mine some and try to sell it at a price that compensates for the energy expended given the alternatives that can be mined with the equivalent equipment; in fact, the price is probably too low (but "experimentation before refutation" as this is a quantitative claim that can be remuneratively countered if it is in fact incorrect.)

The coin is an extreme/outlier experiment within the crypto-space (with "unique" [Discordian] branding not far dissimilar to Cthulhu Offerings, Flaxscript, and Dobbscoin).  It's a collector's crypto as someone earlier in the thread pointed out.  The thematic underpinnings also parallel Albert Camus' book _The Myth of Sisyphus_ which deals with making meaning out of absurd things/situations and Viktor Frankl's book on much the same thing (from his experiences surviving the Auschwitz concentration camp).

Activity: 1092
Merit: 273
November 12, 2017, 11:20:07 PM
Does anyone know of any exchanges that have CHAO currently listed? Prices are INSANE and I would like to know where the data showing a high of $208,759 USD came from (according to Coin Market Cap on 2017 SEP 02) HERE!

Only my CryptoHub,  but has no trades https://cryptohub.online/market/CHAO/
Activity: 439
Merit: 297
www.amazon.com/shops/MinersSupply
November 12, 2017, 11:09:55 PM

Activity: 439
Merit: 297
www.amazon.com/shops/MinersSupply
November 12, 2017, 11:08:23 PM
Are we still on sschedule to be relisted at Cryptopia after block 825000?

I sure am missing my CHAO that vanished which accounts for 1/3rd of the missing user balances. Sad

I had a fairly hefty balance myself. What led you to the determination that you have (or had) 1/3 of missing user balances?
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
November 03, 2017, 03:35:26 AM
Are we still on sschedule to be relisted at Cryptopia after block 825000?

I sure am missing my CHAO that vanished which accounts for 1/3rd of the missing user balances. Sad
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076
keybase.io/fallingknife/
October 30, 2017, 08:10:52 PM
October 28, 2017, 07:49:54 PM
I worked with this pool. the whole point is that the payments to your wallet are made every 6 hours for all balances above 0.01, or 0.001 on Sunday.
I have so far reached 0.00007363 CHAO, so I have not received payment for the purse yet and the balance is all on the pool.

Please let me know if that works eventually...

I mined other SHA256 coins at first and had the payout set to output CHAO and the unpaid 23-Skidoo amount seemed to be building.  Only later I discovered where the Skidoo were hiding in Infernopool's interface and began mining it directly thereafter.  Perhaps that's a factor (there were no CHAO generated and held by the pool to be disbursed from the initial pooled mining and I was just wasting time only for the benefit of those other coins[?] and there may yet be CHAO reserved and eventually forthcoming from the more direct mining??).  I think it's important, more broadly -- and beyond my feeling possibly ripped-off --  to have some hashing maintained on the coin somewhere, as the Cryptopia story was supposedly that the coin was 51% attacked because there isn't sufficient hashing on the coin's network (yet??).

My "Total Unpaid" on the site is listed as more than 0.001 CHAO (0.00134128 CHAO --  and I'm pretty sure I exceeded that threshold on both a CHAO- and a BTC-basis last Sunday too); hence my concern.  Hopefully, this concern is misplaced and the 23-Skidoo will flow again.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
October 28, 2017, 01:44:18 PM
@wmikrut  Could you explain how your pools works?  How it can pay for mining if common block rewards are 1/10 satoshi and relay fee is 1000 for kb

I did find a problem and I am working to determine what has happened.
zQjWu9qBLSEiHzJBhCx5xYz5jp7D8x2egN Shows 9 payments not sent and zBgvXwjsg4kqT1P1aNM58vTJQk87JfQrtG shows 5 payments not sent.

All payments will be sent for anyone else who may be missing payments as well as soon as I figure out what has caused it to bind up.

Do you have any news about payments to my wallets?
October 28, 2017, 12:50:54 PM
Has anyone received a payment from infernopool's CHAO pool?  ( https://yiimp.infernopool.com/ listed as SHA2562 algo ).  I mined over several days but all it ever seemed to reward was an increasing "Total Unpaid" amount.  At what balance should one expect a payment of CHAO?  By way of comparison, I was getting paid within 24 hours using essentially the same hashrate at Wmikrut's pool until that cratered.

I also tried both emailing the support email on the site and pming Infernoman here but have received no response.

The chain is still quite a ways from 825,000 -- when the merged mining is supposed to be possible (so anyone with a compiled wallet and the most rudimentary SHA ASIC seems to be better off solo-mining and not wasting their time on that pool if they actually want some of this coin).

Has anyone had a better experience with that pool?

I worked with this pool. the whole point is that the payments to your wallet are made every 6 hours for all balances above 0.01, or 0.001 on Sunday.
I have so far reached 0.00007363 CHAO, so I have not received payment for the purse yet and the balance is all on the pool.
October 27, 2017, 07:58:11 PM
Has anyone received a payment from infernopool's CHAO pool?  ( https://yiimp.infernopool.com/ listed as SHA2562 algo ).  I mined over several days but all it ever seemed to reward was an increasing "Total Unpaid" amount.  At what balance should one expect a payment of CHAO?  By way of comparison, I was getting paid within 24 hours using essentially the same hashrate at Wmikrut's pool until that cratered.

I also tried both emailing the support email on the site and pming Infernoman here but have received no response.

The chain is still quite a ways from 825,000 -- when the merged mining is supposed to be possible (so anyone with a compiled wallet and the most rudimentary SHA ASIC seems to be better off solo-mining and not wasting their time on that pool if they actually want some of this coin).

Has anyone had a better experience with that pool?
October 14, 2017, 11:53:51 PM
So,  Who can change wallet code and decrease relay fee to 10 sat or even 1 sat ?  I think it is unique solution  Undecided

Agreed, is there anyone that's actually emphatically against the relay fee being decreased?  (I haven't encountered an explanation of how the relay fees are transferred [to the miners of a coin?] so don't really understand what conceivable benefit there might be for an excessive relay fee. It's like transferring fiat between banks internationally using the SWIFT system [where those institutions take their cut based on historic and political-entitlement] -- which is a ridiculous situation for a crypto-coin.)

What would it take to make this happen? This seems like it would be a very simple adjustment to the code (probably changing one floating-point value on one line of the code, but it would seem likely that people would have to then go through the exercise of updating their code-base or wallet-version yet again... lucky me as my wallet hasn't been working anyhow for a month or so after version 0.9 stopped connecting to the network with my Ubuntu OS handicap/compilation-issues  Grin).   
October 14, 2017, 11:03:03 PM
So,  Who can change wallet code and decrease relay fee to 10 sat or even 1 sat ?  I think it is unique solution  Undecided
October 13, 2017, 02:00:04 AM
@wmikrut  Could you explain how your pools works?  How it can pay for mining if common block rewards are 1/10 satoshi and relay fee is 1000 for kb

zQjWu9qBLSEiHzJBhCx5xYz5jp7D8x2egN Shows 9 payments not sent and zBgvXwjsg4kqT1P1aNM58vTJQk87JfQrtG shows 5 payments not sent.

All payments will be sent for anyone else who may be missing payments as well as soon as I figure out what has caused it to bind up.

Excellent! Good news!
October 13, 2017, 12:29:32 AM
I sell private keys for the amount of 0.00103014 chao for 10 btc

There's an exchange at https://cryptohub.online/market/CHAO/  (if there are no takers for your peer-to-peer trade).
Activity: 6
October 12, 2017, 07:44:43 PM
I sell private keys for the amount of 0.00103014 chao for 10 btc
Activity: 631
Merit: 501
October 12, 2017, 05:14:23 PM

October 11, 2017, 05:18:01 PM
@wmikrut  Could you explain how your pools works?  How it can pay for mining if common block rewards are 1/10 satoshi and relay fee is 1000 for kb

It's simple... I do not use nomps payout engine... I have my own.  I set a payout threshold which is listed as s minimum payment on my site.  When that threshold is reached, the system automatically sends a payment for the total balance over the threshold.

You'll also note I had increased fees on the coin to 5% to keep up with tx fees.   In the end it breaks even since I mine on the pool too.

Can make payments once a day? And make a page of statistics on the miners.
Activity: 631
Merit: 501
October 11, 2017, 02:59:56 PM
@wmikrut  Could you explain how your pools works?  How it can pay for mining if common block rewards are 1/10 satoshi and relay fee is 1000 for kb

It's simple... I do not use nomps payout engine... I have my own.  I set a payout threshold which is listed as s minimum payment on my site.  When that threshold is reached, the system automatically sends a payment for the total balance over the threshold.

You'll also note I had increased fees on the coin to 5% to keep up with tx fees.   In the end it breaks even since I mine on the pool too.
October 11, 2017, 02:51:53 PM
Pages:
Jump to: