Pages:
Author

Topic: 240v plugs and phases - page 2. (Read 1693 times)

Activity: 366
Merit: 250
November 24, 2015, 12:02:47 PM
while you are lurking, what should i set the meter too so we are not freaking out.
November 24, 2015, 11:45:12 AM
will have meter in ~12hrs
legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'
November 24, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
one is the 30amp plug yes you are right while the other is a 50amp stove. Both of these are on a 200amp box

can we get a few more reputable accounts to verify this? I want to be sure they are single phase and it is okay to proceed without fear of damage etc.

Lastly I need a converter plug for that triangular stove outlet to some type of pdu. Obviously it would be best if the pdu was rated at 50amps so I can cover the entire stove outlet.

I already have a conversion plug for the dryerplug to tripplite pdu. But now i need a conversion for the stove plug.

God Bless USA

that is why you need that meter.  and why until you show me you have one I won't offer advice.  I don't want you to die or blow your gear up.

I also know you need to wire the plug or the socket so that they match each other.  Without a meter you are working in the dark.  They meter will let you determine phase and correct wiring pattern.
November 24, 2015, 10:45:47 AM
one is the 30amp plug yes you are right while the other is a 50amp stove. Both of these are on a 200amp box

can we get a few more reputable accounts to verify this? I want to be sure they are single phase and it is okay to proceed without fear of damage etc.

Lastly I need a converter plug for that triangular stove outlet to some type of pdu. Obviously it would be best if the pdu was rated at 50amps so I can cover the entire stove outlet.

I already have a conversion plug for the dryerplug to tripplite pdu. But now i need a conversion for the stove plug.

God Bless USA
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
Where am I?
November 24, 2015, 03:08:51 AM
Both plugs are 240v single phase. I need better pics to see the exacts but here is what I see below.

One is a 20a or 30a twist lock L5 or L6

Another one is a 20a or 50a NEMA 10-20 or 10-50

The real question is what size is the wire going to it and what size is the breaker.
November 24, 2015, 01:38:01 AM
why exctly do you believe i need a meter? The plug tells us everything we need to know about what type of power it is powering the stove and dryer.... Everything else is plug and play adapters.

I just need someone to point me into the right direction for those adapters like they did before
legendary
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8515
'The right to privacy matters'
November 24, 2015, 12:24:28 AM
November 23, 2015, 10:08:46 PM
Hello All,

Some questions about my mining and electricity. I have a dryer plug and stove plug for mining lighting and computers fans ac etc i need to run into the 240/250.

To the best of my knowledge 1 of these is the plug for my tripplite pdu (the circular one). Now will this plug directly into a druger plug ? I already have the converter wire for tripplite pdu plug to dryer plug, but i was getting a lot of servers crashing. Could it be the wrong phase?

The second plug that looks like a triangle is from a stove plug. To the best of my knowledge this seems to be 250v 3phase but honestly i have no clue and could be wrong.

How do I convert that to be able to hook up miners with another ip controlled tripplite pdu? And the dryer plug if necc. Was the crashing related to wrong phase? Thanks!

Pages:
Jump to: