Pages:
Author

Topic: 25k btc's are about to be dumped on just bitstamp - page 4. (Read 7243 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Soooooooooooooooo

Fallin, servo, etc.. how mad is your boss Paul K that his plan has failed HHHHARD?

On a level of 1 to jumping out a window?
Activity: 126
Merit: 101
Be Here Now
Wow...okay.

Smiley
Activity: 238
Merit: 106
The wall builder lost about $300,000 doing this crazy move.

wall builder made what, 7-10 million so that's probably pocket change...pay 300k to make 10 million.

He received about $4.2 million after selling ~14k coins

300k is like having a 7% withdrawal fee, that's an ouch for anyone.

He made arbitragers happy though, note he pulled the wall just after it started getting eaten hard, when the arbitrage gains started to rise against china.

Having had so much coin I'm guessing he's ridden over several bubbles/corrections in the past, a puzzling move for sure.
Activity: 672
Merit: 502
How long do you think it will take to eat through the wall?

seller is hoping never, hoping he will cause a panic sell off

This. Do you think you if had 25 BTCS you would sell at the SAME price creating a ridiculous wall? this is all manipulation.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
FURring bitcoin up since 1762

wall builder made what, 7-10 million so that's probably pocket change...pay 300k to make 10 million.

Did he? How do you come to this conclusion? Maybe he was speculating on a continuing drop, any by using the upswing from the flash-crash (if we may call it that), he was effectively using the combined buy-back power from everyone in order to liquidate his position at once.
Activity: 126
Merit: 101
Be Here Now

Activity: 378
FURring bitcoin up since 1762
It's awesome, that those BTC have been just gobbled up, instead of being dumped again and again. Also, that there hasn't been any catastrophic panic is a very good sign for Bitcoin in general! It fosters the long-term trust, in my opinion!
So the wall is gone for now, leaving a wide flat crater in the bitstamp price chart:

It looks like maybe ~14k bitcoins were purchased from it. Many being sold on other exchanges (arbitrage).

Most exchange users were probably oblivious to the wall and so it was driven over with just a bump.

Below we can see that this big wall only put a temporary 5% dent in BTC-China:

Very bullish news for bitcoin.

You hodling yet? maybe you should....

Activity: 686
Merit: 501
Stephen Reed
No one is selling cheaper  Shocked No one wants to sell  Huh

Plus, according to Bitcoin Wisdom, the Chinese exchanges are reporting prices $10 higher than the ask wall on Bitstamp. Who would sell on Bitstamp if they had a choice?

I see a couple of small orders <1btc sneaking in at 299.xx now and then.
I'm thinking engineered rally. Recent dumps and superbuys were to test market sentiment, then when the time is right (may or may not be now, no way to tell) make it look like things are changing. Or something like it.

If the wall gets devoured were gonna see some pent up rebound for sure. all those buyers at 300 will hold for ROI all at once, but most being profit whores they will probably sell at $310 Cheesy

Not me!  I just bought to hodl

Excellent, I think you'll be well positioned for the short and long term.

Cheap coin at the moment IMO.

This wall test is proving that the market's not a bear but a sleeping bull.
legendary
Activity: 1281
☑ ♟ ☐ ♚
Activity: 404
Merit: 253
This is fucking insane.

Massive dumping to surely follow.

Why?

I suppose because people are clearly worried about Bitcoin crashing back to double digit figures and all signs point to this happening. It's not just moving in that direction, it's accelerating each day.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 524
nah its been through 6000 coins in last 2 hours

and europe is waking up soon

if the wall gets eaten all the way through and isnt pulled, when its at approx 1000 coins I might risk a big purchase as punt, 100 or 200 coins

Activity: 364
I'm going to bed soon.  The way it looks, this wall is NOT getting pulled as it did earlier today...twice.  If I sleep for 7 hours, it sure looks as though the wall will still be here.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 524
wall is actually getting eaten pretty damn fast
Activity: 364
I'm thinking engineered rally. Recent dumps and superbuys were to test market sentiment, then when the time is right (may or may not be now, no way to tell) make it look like things are changing. Or something like it.

If the wall gets devoured were gonna see some pent up rebound for sure. all those buyers at 300 will hold for ROI all at once, but most being profit whores they will probably sell at $310 Cheesy

Not me!  I just bought to hodl

Activity: 784
This is fucking insane.

Massive dumping to surely follow.

Why?
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278
Pages:
Jump to: