Pages:
Author

Topic: 25k btc's are about to be dumped on just bitstamp - page 5. (Read 7243 times)

Activity: 404
Merit: 253
This is fucking insane.

Massive dumping to surely follow.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
maybe he's not manipulating the market, and just wants to get rid of a lot of his coins

If you want to sell 25000 coins, the worst technique must be to make a giant wall with all of them Grin

Agree.

The very worst technique would be to hit "sell now".

Yes, this
Activity: 238
Merit: 106
maybe he's not manipulating the market, and just wants to get rid of a lot of his coins

If you want to sell 25000 coins, the worst technique must be to make a giant wall with all of them Grin

Agree.

The very worst technique would be to hit "sell now".
Activity: 686
Merit: 501
Stephen Reed
The wall has just been nibbled away to 17936.

I hope it is still there in the morning Austin time, so that I buy a small piece of it when my local ATM opens.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500

Agree.

What about the guy who bought 30K coins at auction? Bulltards then saying its impossible to buy that many without sending price to the moon
Could it be that dumping stopped producing a desirable result? Or maybe he is deliberately trying to establish support?

I'm just perplexed as to why (if the seller want to maximise fiat received) the wall doesn't get moved up a little, it sure looks like all markets would follow it up at least for a little while, but no, rock steady at $300.00.

Maybe the seller will will miss their coins tomorrow and we will see a massive bid wall appear tomorrow at $290, that would give support, but the seller might end up holding rags... the market will probably surge up a little if it manages to digest this wall...
Activity: 374

Agree.
Activity: 254
Merit: 10
Streamies Rocks!!!!
The pace they are being sold at is accelerating. There were 1436 sold 7 minutes ago and he only has 18127 left to sell.
Activity: 61
Maybe this wall is real? He wants to sell his coins but he doesn't want to kill bitcoin with dumps.

Satoshi, Tim Draper, Winklevoss twins, Ethereum?

The wall is very real (when it's up)

Seems like the behaviour of a lone whale deciding to get out. prolly mined them all on a laptop.

Any org like ethereum would probably get out in a more sedate manner, trying to stay under the radar.

such as the guy who sold a pizza for +10,000 BTC. They are numerous.

But one thing is sure, the price will fall quickly if this wall is not removed in the next hours.
Streamies Rocks!!!!
Maybe this wall is real? He wants to sell his coins but he doesn't want to kill bitcoin with dumps.

Seems like the behaviour of a lone whale deciding to get out. prolly mined them all on a laptop.

Any org like ethereum would probably get out in a more sedate manner, trying to stay under the radar.

Ethereum still has 26.6 K of their original 31.6 K bitcoins left untouched in their IPO address, so the wall's not down to them.

https://blockchain.info/address/36PrZ1KHYMpqSyAQXSG8VwbUiq2EogxLo2
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278
Could it be that dumping stopped producing a desirable result? Or maybe he is deliberately trying to establish support?

Activity: 287
Merit: 101
So Bitcoins are at what most people think is close to "bottom", and all of the sudden this whale shows up and wants to sell 25k coins? Something is very fishy, and in a scary "insider knows shit is going down soon" sort of way.
What does the rest of the book look like?  If (s)he hit "sell now" how far down would 30K bitcoins take us?  I went to stamp, but it didn't show the whole thing.

I could only read it down to about $240, but the home page says their 24h volume was 69600 BTC, which is over two times bigger than the amount the whale is selling. If (s)he hit "sell now" it might clear all the buy orders, but I doubt the effects would last long.

Good to know.  Thanks.
Streamies Rocks!!!!
What does the rest of the book look like?  If (s)he hit "sell now" how far down would 30K bitcoins take us?  I went to stamp, but it didn't show the whole thing.

I could only read it down to about $240, but the home page says their 24h volume was 69600 BTC, which is over two times bigger than the amount the whale is selling. If (s)he hit "sell now" it might clear all the buy orders, but I doubt the effects would last long.
Activity: 61

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

They don't display whole Orderbook but fairly comprehensive (Bids:$240, Asks:$359.90)

https://www.bitstamp.net/market/order_book/     Scroll down
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
World Class Cryptonaire
Don't forget that whales can always pretend their walls are real by buying into their own walls and thus not actually dumping any coins at all.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Oh...well hell.

I am not a trader so a lot of this was over my head but I think I got it. The manipulator/real seller/bf buddy whale bear man person didn't put up 25k - 30k worth of bitcoin, he put up 25k-30k bitcoinS which would be selling 7 frigging million dollars worth at 300ish?

Shocked

Is that right?

Is that why all the charts flatlined all of a sudden?

And if he was to sell 7 million, it would send the price careening toward single digits?

Is that right?

And the death knell silence happening is waiting to see what happens in the next 24 hours when the day people wake up Monday and discover the 6 million dollar man is holding up bitcoin fun?

So can this person cancel the order to sell all these coins and if so, and he/she did, what would happen to the price at that point?

Also, should I go make popcorn? Is it gonna be one of those nights? Can girls play too because this is seriously interesting to me.  Grin

Spot on - who knows where the coins had come from if he deposited BTC to sell or deposited like you said 7-10Mil Smiley

During today he has entered the order book with 30,000BTC @ $320, $275 and now at $300

My guess is that he'll probably withdraw from the orderbook again at some point and rejoin later on - wow, decisions, decisions - life of a whale  Kiss

Also wouldn't he had been a lot better off selling like just over a week ago @$450?

$150 x 30,000 = $4,500,000 extra ?? I know it's only 4.5mil but still
Pages:
Jump to: