Pages:
Author

Topic: $275.00 Just hit on Bstamp Sun 16:50 GMT 05/10/14 (Read 6286 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Wait is the 23k sell wall real or some kind of glitch?

Its real. This is the 3rd time today I have seen it myself. first crash down to 275 as he dumped and set the wall up at 300... then he took it off only to put it back at 320, only to pull it after some time again... and just like clockwork did it again.

Hang on - don't think I've got this right but, is he doing something like this

24,000 x 275 = 6,600,000

24,000 x 320 = 7,680,000

So he makes like $1,080,000 today

Well Asia is not buying it, lot less than we did on the US side, it created a bit of panic over by us, but china is holding ground and pecking away at it instead.

Yeah - good spot - I too had a look at OKCoin and Huobi (nothing unusual there) - Whale went with BStamp

21959BTC to go!
Activity: 672
Merit: 501

Its real. This is the 3rd time today I have seen it myself. first crash down to 275 as he dumped and set the wall up at 300... then he took it off only to put it back at 320, only to pull it after some time again... and just like clockwork did it again.

24,000 x 275 = 6,600,000

24,000 x 320 = 7,680,000

Well Asia is not buying it, lot less than we did on the US side, it created a bit of panic over by us, but china is holding ground and pecking away at it instead.

24,000 x 275 = 6,600,000

24,000 x 320 = 7,680,000

24,000BTC That's around $7.5 -7.2Mil    All in a days work, for a whale  Cool

Totally real - Love whales hey  Grin

Not too sure it's a Sell wall, think he's actually Buying
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Wale just crashed it under 300 and put up his 25k+ wall again on stamp

Yeah man, watching it now - working it's way through ~24000BTC

The transaction @ $300 are all coming up as Green on Bitcoinwisdom, do you think after it's done eating - it'll significantly drop the price again like earlier on today?

As the trades are completing as Green, does that mean he is Buying, right?
Wale just crashed it under 300 and put up his 25k+ wall again on stamp
God damn this volatility!!!

Right on brother - massive price swings past 36Hrs!!
Action going off again guys!!

~2600BTC already just traded last 15 mins

check out that sell order @ $300    23994BTC Just hit orderbook on BStamp

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/bitstamp/btcusd
legendary
Activity: 992
Merit: 1000
God damn this volatility!!!
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
The Golden Rule Rules
Get ready to change the title to 220 incoming?
legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

I don't think merchant adoption is contributing to the price profile - I think it's more to do with mining. Here again is a video explaining:

It's from two weeks ago, and the guy has offered a small bounty for integration suggestions http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-TLA3j-ic4

DPOS isn't going to be integrated into Bitcoin. Anyway, in the long run, the inflation rate will subside. See here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/chart-bitcoin-inflation-vs-time-130619

And, currently, it isn't the inflation rate so much as it is speculators causing the volatility. There is much more volume than there are new coins being mined and sold.

Thanks for the link to post man!

Yeah good points - I don't think a hybrid DPOS is the way to go either nor will it get integrated to Bitcoin - here's a response video my mate made after getting lots of feedback:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo979iaLvEs

That was my response Cheesy  - totally agree with you that a DPOS/POS won't be sustainable nor added to replace current Consensus Algorithm - however it's certainly holding back BTC price, if a more efficient proof can be implemented to reduce mining costs + increase security + speed up confirmation times through the blockchain. This would make BTC better for everyone (i'm not sure how this would affect the price index, guy on video reckons it'll rocket, I'm not so sure - but agree Bitcoin itself would be more even more efficient.

I overlooked the follow-up video. I will check it out and get back with you.
How much was lowest trades that was made so far?

$275.00 on Bitstamp so far

Some folk think it'll go even lower, some think $275 will be the short-term lowest, and now past.

Had a guy on here before, the cool dude bought 2BTC @$280/BTC, that deals working out nicely atm

Im doing just fine and thankfully not looking like a fool right now to the wife.. Scary she trust my judgement. Will I lost out still where I bought at 280? Time will tell but I am starting to think.... nope.
Looks like were currently moving away from our $275.00 floor  - Current re-bound @ $328.00

China? http://aretheyawake.in/china

I don't think merchant adoption is contributing to the price profile - I think it's more to do with mining. Here again is a video explaining:

It's from two weeks ago, and the guy has offered a small bounty for integration suggestions http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-TLA3j-ic4

DPOS isn't going to be integrated into Bitcoin. Anyway, in the long run, the inflation rate will subside. See here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/chart-bitcoin-inflation-vs-time-130619

And, currently, it isn't the inflation rate so much as it is speculators causing the volatility. There is much more volume than there are new coins being mined and sold.

Thanks for the link to post man!

Yeah good points - I don't think a hybrid DPOS is the way to go either nor will it get integrated to Bitcoin - here's a response video my mate made after getting lots of feedback:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo979iaLvEs

That was my response Cheesy  - totally agree with you that a DPOS/POS won't be sustainable nor added to replace current Consensus Algorithm - however it's certainly holding back BTC price, if a more efficient proof can be implemented to reduce mining costs + increase security + speed up confirmation times through the blockchain. This would make BTC better for everyone (i'm not sure how this would affect the price index, guy on video reckons it'll rocket, I'm not so sure - but agree Bitcoin itself would be more even more efficient.
legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

Hey brother Mat!  How are you doing mate - it's been ages, what a ride it has been.

Your right dude, the last time we spoke you helped us out with allocating my Superannuation in BTC - picking up a tidy sum @ $480.

Been working like a demon day and night, retailing ~50% of holdings on Localbitcoins as a pro trader - That original 50% of holdings is now ~89% - respectfully profitable. If not for my retail margin and moving money overseas I'd be hurting hard right now.

Always had the mind set that if gonna take the plunge investing hard in BTC, gotta have a way of increasing holdings to negate the price index volatility.

I'm sorry you've liquidated back to fiat brother for now, at least you took part in this experiment - guess we'll have to wait and see what BTC's fate will be. I'm still perhaps a little naive and think BTC's price will be over $5000 in a relatively short amount of time - could be dreaming tho Cheesy

You made some good points about liquidity problem, but my friends and this guy thinks the index is ultimately governed by the Consensus Algorithm at the moment and that a new algorithm should/will be refined by Bitcoin Core Developer community - Have you seen this? :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-TLA3j-ic4

You keep posting that video, and you keep ignoring the reality that it won't be implemented into Bitcoin. Do you not have a response to the very low probability that it will be added to Bitcoin?
How much was lowest trades that was made so far?

$275.00 on Bitstamp so far

Some folk think it'll go even lower, some think $275 will be the short-term lowest, and now past.

Had a guy on here before, the cool dude bought 2BTC @$280/BTC, that deals working out nicely atm
Man - I'd love to pick up @$100 range  Cool      gotta be honest tho, don't think we are going that low (I'm often wrong Smiley )

U need to start being honest with what your true emotions are mate.

If Bitcoin goes down to $100 range, you will be filling your boots as you will be 60%+ down on your initial investment. That is horrendous performance by any standards.

Look at yourself in the mirror, and admit that you really don't want Bitcoin to go down to $100 range.

Once you do that, you may start to be able to make some good decisions that might actually benefit you, even if it means realising short term losses.

My last trade which flew in the face of what I was preaching at the time lost me around $1500. Had I adopted the foolish self deluding attitude of "oh goody more cheap coins for me", I would now be down about $4500, and perhaps even more if I was really filling up my sack with dem 'cheap coins' on the way down. But I didn't. I admitted that I didn't like what I was seeing and that things were looking very bad.......Of course, I didn't figure on things getting this bad, this quickly, so thank fuck I am out the game.

Whilst I am not one of those who has capitalised on bitcoin from the single or double figure days, I am fortunate enough not to have made a net loss on Bitcoins. Most people who have invested in Bitcoin will make a net loss. That is the nature of Ponzi schemes. I am not saying that Bitcoin is a ponzi scheme, but it trades like one and if it fails it will have behaved exactly like that.

$275 looks like a good short term low for now. After such a prolonged downward grind, I would imagine that there will likely be a correction (up the way) from this trend. Keep your eye on the market action, and be prepared to either break even, make a slither of a small profit....or if things start looking dodgy again, be prepared to cut your losses. Seriously. $275 is not the ultimate low. With that said I would be greatly shocked if any lower prices were hit in the coming week or so.

Hey Mat, thanks for the concern brother - I keep a meticulous spreadsheet for past 11months since becoming a Seller on Localbitcoins - comparing against balance sheet when we initially invested, then moving my Superannuation to Bitstamp - you are right - I'm currently down slighty (<$700), but then again we've bought a few things too.

By retailing them constantly, I'm finding the FIAT amount is very similar, sort of balances to what we originally invested - lol, so after all those hours this year Selling to Localbitcoin traders then buying back on Stamp I'm still down (but got a shit load more BTC Smiley )

Thanks Mat, you're right because sometimes I get blinded and just concerned about making more and more BTC, just gotten used to transferring large sums overseas routinely, then buying back. If we were to liquidate all today, it would have been for nothing (fiat, profit-wise)

Been doing it for so long now, gonna find it hard to stop - will try not to head towards delusion, and accept for me to make a sweet profit, I really do need the price to go $600+
Pages:
Jump to: