Pages:
Author

Topic: 2X - page 4. (Read 4187 times)

Activity: 217
Merit: 100
September 24, 2017, 10:37:36 PM
Could someone explain to me how the 2X drama is likely to play out in November?
I know core are against it and some who signed up to the NYA have pulled out but there is still 94% support (signaling) of miners.
Ver and Wu are in the bcash camp or do they want 2x also ?
Whats likly to happen in the weeks/days leading up to the split and wont core need a significant percentage of miners on their side?

According to Coindance, almost all nodes still support Core. btc1 nodes (Segwit2x) have almost no one using it.

https://coin.dance/nodes#allNodes

I was neutral on it until I talked to one of the Core devs about it. I don't understand all the technical explanation, but I'm now firmly against it. I hope Segwit2x fails.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
September 24, 2017, 10:29:28 PM
I do not see that core's has any tenable objection to 2X.

[1] Tech has moved on, 2mb is not that big, HD space and bandwidth are much cheaper
[2] BCH has proved you can go bigger blocks and have significant value network, and BCH network has not collapsed.
[3] It provides choice as to on chain or of chain transactions
[4] there is no such thing as spam in the network, but I will use the word "spam" as shorthand for transactions person A does not like.
[5] If you say go 8 times the blocksize and 1/2 the price for fees it will be 4 times more costly to "spam" a block while providing much lower fees. Given there are limited bitcoins, the spammer will run out of BTC to spam.

I welcome any discussion as why I am in error, but as it stand to not 2x then a few years later 4x and so on, seem in bad faith by core. It forces the question cui bono?
Activity: 490
Merit: 280
September 24, 2017, 03:37:19 PM
I know core are against it and some who signed up to the NYA have pulled out but there is still 94% support (signaling) of miners.
Whats likly to happen in the weeks/days leading up to the split and wont core need a significant percentage of miners on their side?

In the end I doubt miners will go through with it. I think the businesses who signed on were seriously mislead and/or ignorant of what the reality of this proposal actually was. Moving away from Bitcoin Core as the reference implementation just for something as silly as 2x is pretty risky. I highly doubt that's how the agreement was originally presented. Even though it should have been obvious since people who work on Core were either intentionally not invited or just not involved.
Activity: 294
Merit: 104
✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪
September 24, 2017, 10:11:59 AM

Since we are speculating. I think 2X is in the rite of passage stage and everyone will adopt it. Eventually. The people who wanted bigger blocks in the Bitcoin Network should rethink their childish fantasies.
legendary
Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018
September 24, 2017, 07:52:53 AM
Pages:
Jump to: