Pages:
Author

Topic: 3 Bitcoin ? Segwit , Segwit with 2MB , 8MB Bitcoin Cash (Read 1658 times)

Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Segwit2x  is approaching. Another fork of bitcoin is planned. The price for bitcoins has flown to the moon)) we are waiting for the return after the segwit.

there is another segwit-2x in progress, but I believe it is from the different team ...
Activity: 729
Merit: 500
Bitcoin fork looks like is turning into the eth tokens episode, wich keeps coming one after another, not saying is bad, but atleast the tokens has some purpose and are different in the general, each token is designed to do and provide some service or project. Unlike the bitcoin forks wich looks like had becamed an airdrop to bitcoin holders, wich makes people interested into free money, knowing all of these started because we need bigger blocks to handle the raise into the transactions, and boost the confirmations period, all we wanna is faster transactions, something segwit should be able to handle.
Activity: 434
Segwit2x  is approaching. Another fork of bitcoin is planned. The price for bitcoins has flown to the moon)) we are waiting for the return after the segwit.
hv_
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1055
Clean Code and Scale
I see that there are some people here who are still in denial about Segwit2x. The top merchants have signed and they are supporting it while 90% of the miners are signalling that they would also support it.

Its just like in the real world. The ordinary people have no say in it even if they think they do.

Ordinary people you find are just moaning, some do even stupid terror with war hats.

If all would agree, that small blockers would take it serious with the 'decentralization issue', they needed to be real users and start mining, despite simlpe butt head moaning. Then bitcoin is better off , but sadly we cant fix stupid.
Activity: 868
Merit: 259
I see that there are some people here who are still in denial about Segwit2x. The top merchants have signed and they are supporting it while 90% of the miners are signalling that they would also support it.

Its just like in the real world. The ordinary people have no say in it even if they think they do.
Activity: 187
It would be interesting if there will be another coin splits  Grin

https://news.bitcoin.com/segwit2x-and-the-tale-of-three-bitcoins/

Do you think it will happen?
WHat do you think?
There is nothing to get interested to see bitcoin splitting in to more coins.Some miners,companies and users have decided to do another hard fork activating segwit with 2 MB block size as per the New York Agreement they have signed in may 2017.They have agreed to do hard fork from six months of signing the agreement.It seems that unlike BCC,this time more miners would support segwit 2x.We could confirmly say that one of the three version is going to die and we would have to just wait and see that whther it would be BCC or Bitcoin with segwit 2x.

From some websites , the core developer seems reluctant to go to segwit2x direction, they got segwit in place and bch/bcc is HF for 8 Mb block.
So no point to again HF to 2 Mb?
Instead they will go to lighting network implementation.

what do you think?
Activity: 742

WHat do you think?
There is nothing to get interested to see bitcoin splitting in to more coins.Some miners,companies and users have decided to do another hard fork activating segwit with 2 MB block size as per the New York Agreement they have signed in may 2017.They have agreed to do hard fork from six months of signing the agreement.It seems that unlike BCC,this time more miners would support segwit 2x.We could confirmly say that one of the three version is going to die and we would have to just wait and see that whther it would be BCC or Bitcoin with segwit 2x.
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
You can't force consensus changes on the people.

oh lauda. if that were true then segwit wouldnt have been activated.
segwit got activated by bypassing 'the people' (via pools only activation(softfork)) and then forced pools to accept it or get blocks rejected. basically "the people" had no say.

it got activated by fear and emotional insecurity

open your eyes

yea yea i know your going to word twist things and say "but segwit was not consensus vote. its was a forced activation of protocol changes of a details held in a file named consensus.. rather than a true consensus vote being forced. (2 different things)

but you'll be missing the point.
certain changes should only be done by bitcoins true consensus, no bypassing it like core had done and will do again. no coercion / threats via UASF UAHF.. only by true consensus agreement
Activity: 702
Merit: 251
There is also bitcore (btx) , already has segwit activated, bloom and 20mb blocks.
Activity: 697
Merit: 520
Bitcoin Cash has nothing to do with Bitcoin besides taking a snapshot of its balances.

I'm no Bitcoin Cash supporter, but let's be clear about this. If this hard fork is just a snapshot of the UTXO set, so is any hard fork. This would be true of the planned November fork (which seems to have significant support among businesses, the miners and the community). I'm generally against hard forks (as upgrades), since I see blockchains as opt-in systems. Opting into a hard forked blockchain means leaving the consensus. That's fine, but it wouldn't be Bitcoin anymore.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
intuitively i was expecting a selloff of BCC once people got the free coin, but that doesn't seem to be happening. is this just a matter of liquidity?
Activity: 700
with that definition there are at least 200 bitcoin because about 200 (give or take) altcoins have forked from bitcoin. a lot of them have actually given airdrops like BCC to the users and hodlers of bitcoin.

a correct definition however is, bitcoin is what the consensus says it is. and you already know what the consensus rules say bitcoin is.

I like how your username is Bitcoin Hodler and you mention Hodling Bitcoin in your posts. Grin

That is the definition of staying true to your name. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
If someone paid me to write nonsense, i would never earn a penny.
You are full of nonsense; all claims that you've made are false.

Who is responsible for the "unknown" hashrate on bitcoincash?

http://bitcointicker.co/bccminingpools/
Who knows? Their difficulty has been dropping, thus any minor miner on the Bitcoin network can appear as a major one in the BCH network.
Activity: 751
Merit: 251
Who is responsible for the "unknown" hashrate on bitcoincash?

http://bitcointicker.co/bccminingpools/
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Yet still the other one is the bitcoin and the other one is obviously not. A spaghetti contains pasta a carbonara also contains pasta but in the end a carbonara is not a spaghetti and same as goes to a spaghetti is still not a carbonara even if they both made out of pasta

A penny for you...
Activity: 910

Yet still the other one is the bitcoin and the other one is obviously not. A spaghetti contains pasta a carbonara also contains pasta but in the end a carbonara is not a spaghetti and same as goes to a spaghetti is still not a carbonara even if they both made out of pasta
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
There is no premine at all.
It is a premine per definition of a premine.

Both are bitcoin since it derives from the original bitcoin chain.
Which is an absolute lie. Bitcoin Cash is an altcoin.

One is Bitcoin Core and the other is Bitcoin Cash.
One is Bitcoin and the other one is an altcoin.

Neither are original anymore. A slice of bread = original. Cut it in half you get two halves bread of 1 original bread. The original bread no longer exist. The original bitcoin existed until the hardfork.
That's not what a hard fork is. Are you stupid or just paid to write nonsense like this?

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
There is no premine at all.
It is a premine per definition of a premine.

Both are bitcoin since it derives from the original bitcoin chain.
Which is an absolute lie. Bitcoin Cash is an altcoin.

One is Bitcoin Core and the other is Bitcoin Cash.
One is Bitcoin and the other one is an altcoin.

Neither are original anymore. A slice of bread = original. Cut it in half you get two halves bread of 1 original bread. The original bread no longer exist. The original bitcoin existed until the hardfork.
That's not what a hard fork is. Are you stupid or just paid to write nonsense like this?
Activity: 263

WHat do you think?

I hope so, I need more free money!

People should do a fork every week, there will always be schmucks to dump on.
Pages:
Jump to: