Pages:
Author

Topic: 3 Consecutive years - page 2. (Read 271 times)

Activity: 1540
Merit: 744
January 11, 2024, 05:20:09 AM
Hello there,

I know this topic might sound a little cringe-worthy or lame, but I'm going to go ahead and post it. Just a few days ago, I realized that on January 2, 2024, I'd crossed 3 years of active participation on Bitcointalk and in my involvement with cryptocurrencies. I signed up in 2014 and wasn't too active in the beginning. I was a teenager back then and didn't know much, and unfortunately, I didn't have the means to acquire Bitcoin. I stuck around in the forum for a while and quit. Most of my posts have been deleted, either out of shame of seeing what gibberish I was writing a few years later or because the threads were completely scrapped.

I then returned in May of 2017, after seeing the attention cryptocurrencies were receiving, and quit again after approximately a year, when the market had completely crashed from the ATH of $20,000. I was completely disheartened by this, but now I'm disappointed to see the huge opportunity I missed. What's surprising me is that, in my mind, I was almost certain that I had stayed for at least two years back then. That's disappointing to see how easily I just abandoned everything all together. My attempt to stick around was quite petty. I could have stuck around for a while longer; it would have been of tremendous help now.

I've now been active for 3 consecutive years, my longest active period so far, and I'm quite impressed, to be honest. Seeing that I wasn't disappointed when Bitcoin plummeted to $16,000 approximately a year ago, it is quite positive that I won't easily quit this time. I'm also grateful for my Bitcointalk internet pals and users I've interacted with, who have made this journey a lot more fascinating; a large thank you goes to Lucius who has been a great friend throughout the last months, and Hhampuz, with which I've stuck for the past years in his signature campaigns, and has been nothing but great so far. This potentially proves that I'm here to stay for quite a long time.

Edit: Accidentally posted this on Meta, my bad, moved to the reputation board
Pages:
Jump to: