Pages:
Author

Topic: 3 GPU fans died on me this month. Someone please help me. :( - page 2. (Read 4133 times)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10
I will try to measure the dimensions and see if that will work. I doubt I'll be that fortunate.
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Have you looked at this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/75mm-ATI-NVIDIA-GTX-560-HD-5870-Video-Card-Fan-Replacement-40mm-4Pin-T128010SH-/170871677219?pt=US_Video_Card_GPU_Cooling

The listing has measurements of fan size and hole placements that you can compare with your broken fans to see if they fit.
I recently bought a Radeon fan (for another model) from this seller and successfully replaced the broken fan on my xfx card.

Or consider doing what Inaba did and ziptie computer case fans to the cards.

hope this helps,
panda1
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
I'd fight Gandhi.
I wish that's how it worked but it's more like, sell the card for $80 and buy a new one for $190 and pay Ebay 15% of profits.
My bad. Read your post wrong. Thought you said 5830s.
I wish that's how it worked but it's more like, sell the card for $80 and buy a new one for $190 and pay Ebay 15% of profits.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
I'd fight Gandhi.
Then sell the card broken/without fan for $60. Buy another card for $90.

BAM! You just bought a fan, without actually buying one, for $30.
neither fit my xfx cards. i check ebay and all of the earth and google everyday. xfx told me to go fuck myself because no warranty.
All 3 cards are 5870s. 2 of them are xfx and have fans that I cannot find anywhere on the internet to replace. the 3rd card is an oem looking card. How can I replace these fans without getting an aftermarket heatsink at $70/each? Drilling a hole and adding wd-40 did not work and I suck at this, I just want to save time and buy a new fan but I can't find one. None of the cards are under warranty.

picture of what i need:
http://img.techpowerup.org/100430/HPIM0570.jpg

EDIT: found the oem fan without problems. i just need to find the xfx version.
Pages:
Jump to: