Pages:
Author

Topic: 30 days ago we had a similar crash. It went back up very quick. - page 3. (Read 3444 times)

Activity: 329
Merit: 250
We are going back up rapidly.   Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
Yes, you are correct. We have a similar crash twice in the past month and one in June. And its very short lived indeed. But what I'm worried about this crash is that more and more investors are really seeing Aug 1 uncertain. They don't know what will happen to the bitcoin market after that date. So they are somewhat pulling back in terms of investing their money right now and maybe they are now selling chunks of their accumulated bitcoin. I hope I'm wrong.

What is expected? 1 August??

I don't get why people keep talking about august 1st. Isn't it clear that BIP148 / UASF will not create any forks? soft or otherwise. Why is people still panicking around this date? this is retarded. Looks like people have a delay in understanding concepts. Hopefully by near august 1st people realize it's fucking nothing.

If you want to worry then worry in October when the hardfork to 2MB mess thing begins.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 286
Yes, you are correct. We have a similar crash twice in the past month and one in June. And its very short lived indeed. But what I'm worried about this crash is that more and more investors are really seeing Aug 1 uncertain. They don't know what will happen to the bitcoin market after that date. So they are somewhat pulling back in terms of investing their money right now and maybe they are now selling chunks of their accumulated bitcoin. I hope I'm wrong.

What is expected? 1 August??
Activity: 1078
Merit: 354
In a weird way I do find it reassuring whenever we have these dips. If prices were going up and up and up without ever coming back down I'd be panicking. Smaller falls every few weeks/months are fine. It's like periodically letting air out of an overinflated tyre. Much better that than pumping until the whole thing bursts.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
I haven't been around long but a drop like this seems like a huge opportunity to get into some coins with long term visions that have a shot of rebounding back in a big way.

I don't see how the principles or tech goes away just because the market has a hiccup and everybody panic sells. Unless something legally happens, Bitcoin runs the gambit, or quantum computing destroys the market I think the market will correct. Sucks that it may not happen as fast as we would like but who knows.
Activity: 336
Merit: 101
It's generally a good thing btc it helps on the mid term.

I feel we touched the bottom.
China will be awake soon, and we will see what they do.i believe that more CNY will flood in to enter at good rate on some alts. Hence, the market should rise again.

Maybe a 5-10% short term recovery to be expected on this -20% bloodbath
Activity: 798
Merit: 263
IMO, this correction should get over sometime this week. Another good opportunity to add to positions.
Activity: 358
Merit: 250
Hey,

not gonna lie that I'm also bleeding from this but we had a similar / even worse crash just 30 days ago.
Just look at the percentages.

- 27.05. same crash
- 15.06 almost like that

This is still normal. Fundamentally nothing really changed.
Everyone already knew back then that we have technical issues with BTC and ETH.

However, if we're still a sinking ship in 2 days we might be in some deeper trouble.
Pages:
Jump to: