Pages:
Author

Topic: $300 before the end of this day or nah? (Read 2823 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
PM me to buy traffic for your site!
October 25, 2015, 05:22:09 PM
There's a legit possiblity that there will be a retrace before 300$ is breached, since everyone considers it to be a psychological borderprice, so
a lot of volume can be dumped exactly where we are now; just a bit below 300.
But that doesn't mean the price wont push further later on, i'm just not entirely sure it will happen these days.
legendary
Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001
October 25, 2015, 05:15:55 PM
there is always the profit taking that will happen as now
the short termers, and the pumpers and dumpers
tbh, percentage rises and falls for btc are relatively small unless dealing with large holders and those sort of amounts are too big for the average person to affect, so you just have to sit back and hodl!

'when' btc rockets, as always in the past it will be fast and furious

this isn't fast and furious, just looks pretty sharp as bene in doldrums for sooo long

this rise is LONG overdue, been lots of very positive news
Activity: 756
October 25, 2015, 05:09:04 PM
i actually got so excited when i checked the price today, last time i checked was like 5days ago when it was around 260 and today its hovering around 295-300.  Smiley

I can't do that.I have to check the price at least once a day.
This must have gave you a big smile in your face this morning right?! Smiley
HELL YAH! I havent been able to keep up with the bitcoin news this past month cuz of all these assignments and essays to write. it feels like a victory right now, i dont even care if the price dips down again a bit. it just satisfies me to know that bitcoin going strong  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014
October 25, 2015, 04:07:04 PM
i actually got so excited when i checked the price today, last time i checked was like 5days ago when it was around 260 and today its hovering around 295-300.  Smiley

I can't do that.I have to check the price at least once a day.
This must have gave you a big smile in your face this morning right?! Smiley
Activity: 756
October 25, 2015, 03:53:33 PM
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846
October 25, 2015, 03:26:41 PM
When the Chinese wake up it might go over 300, but that will be early tomorrow as defined by bitcointalk time. Maybe it will happen sooner because the volume has gone down significantly for the last few hours, and when it picks up it could smash a few walls. We had lots of pushes upwards since early today, and one more push should do it.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011
October 25, 2015, 03:16:12 PM
I think you underestimate it by not including the factor of the unknown in the equation. every repetition of the history will always be somehow unqiue. perhaps "against all odds" type of unique.

So by that definition you must also agree that there is an approximately equal chance that you are wrong and I am correct, due to this "factor of the unknown".

well played, sir. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112
October 25, 2015, 03:09:50 PM
It's a damn shame that you are not as intelligent as your avatar. Done from my end.

* DiamondCardz sighs

I'll repeat. "No fiat money has ever survived" isn't a valid claim to make. There are fiat currencies that have survived for hundreds of years, and this statement is not valid unless all of them collapse, which you can not predict with a 100% certainty will happen.

'No crypto has ever survived' is a statement structurally identical to 'no fiat has ever survived.'
'No [blockchain] crypto has ever survived more than 7 years.' Most fiat currencies have Smiley

Yes, but many Fiat currencies have failed and Bitcoin, the first and only real cryptocurrency ever is still living. So cryptocurrencies are here in a great advantage compared to the Fiat!

Well, in all fairness, many other cryptocurrencies have failed...it's just that we don't like to talk about them as they were generally just creations of greed, invented to make a quick buck. Wink

Mind you, I'm not bashing Bitcoin here. I'm just trying to be the voice of reason, as I hate to see arguments like this which use flawed logic and fallacies.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
October 25, 2015, 03:06:23 PM
It's a damn shame that you are not as intelligent as your avatar. Done from my end.

* DiamondCardz sighs

I'll repeat. "No fiat money has ever survived" isn't a valid claim to make. There are fiat currencies that have survived for hundreds of years, and this statement is not valid unless all of them collapse, which you can not predict with a 100% certainty will happen.

'No crypto has ever survived' is a statement structurally identical to 'no fiat has ever survived.'
'No [blockchain] crypto has ever survived more than 7 years.' Most fiat currencies have Smiley

Yes, but many Fiat currencies have failed and Bitcoin, the first and only real cryptocurrency ever is still living. So cryptocurrencies are here in a great advantage compared to the Fiat!
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
October 25, 2015, 12:56:53 PM

* DiamondCardz sighs

legendary
October 25, 2015, 12:19:30 PM

* DiamondCardz sighs

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278
October 25, 2015, 12:11:44 PM
Yeah, we had this thing called a world recession about 7 years ago. Recessions have happened before, but we're still around and kicking.
No fiat based money has ever survived. The entire world economy runs on fiat. A collapse of unprecedented proportions is inevitable, just a matter of when.

In a world like we are currently in there is no real valid source to back that claim up now, due to the massive globalisation of the world.

Also, that claim is esque to saying I have never died, therefore I will never die. No fiat based money has ever survived -> how do you know it won't survive until it is dead? You can never predict if fiat-based money will survive.
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

No universe has ever survived to not be blown apart by a large mythical alien with 60 heads made of spaghetti.

That claim is equally as true as yours, because there is no way of proving it is true or not true until the universe ends.
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
October 25, 2015, 12:08:09 PM
Don't worry folks, Today is sunday and not many people are trading at this day
But, tomorrow we shall charge the exchanger and crush the $300 walls Wink
Considering that the BTC prices has been rising a lot this past weeks, i will not be surprised if we hit $300 tomorrow Wink
According to Coinmarketcap datas, the volume is coming mostly from Bitfinex and Bitstamp exchanges. It makes sense to me because of VAT exemption in Europe and Because of Bitcoin unofficial authorization in China

These news are huge for BTC
http://cointelegraph.com/news/115435/china-unofficially-authorizes-bitcoin-price-turns-bullish
http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/10/25/no-vat-bitcoin-exchanges-exempted-from-value-added-tax-in-eu/
legendary
October 25, 2015, 11:58:16 AM
I think you underestimate it by not including the factor of the unknown in the equation. every repetition of the history will always be somehow unqiue. perhaps "against all odds" type of unique.

So by that definition you must also agree that there is an approximately equal chance that you are wrong and I am correct, due to this "factor of the unknown".
legendary
October 25, 2015, 11:56:50 AM
I think you overestimate what would happen if something like the recession of 2008 happened again, ignoring the fact everyone will be skint. Wink

Yeah, inflation gets higher, but the inflation wouldn't be high enough to warrant a ridiculously high increase in the value of BTC. Yeah, there'd still be a nice increase, but don't go over-the-top.

legendary
October 25, 2015, 11:51:52 AM
Wouldn't be the first time a country went bankrupt. I just don't think that the world would go to war and anarchy over something like this, it just seems so unlikely. There would be a recession, maybe a depression, but the world would recover. Do not be naive and join the bandwagon of crypto-anarchists or anarcho-capitalists.

I'm speaking of something like 2008. The world will recover but it will be a different world. In the meantime it sends bitcoin to the Canis Majoris.

I think you overestimate what would happen if something like the recession of 2008 happened again, ignoring the fact everyone will be skint. Wink

Yeah, inflation gets higher, but the inflation wouldn't be high enough to warrant a ridiculously high increase in the value of BTC. Yeah, there'd still be a nice increase, but don't go over-the-top.
legendary
October 25, 2015, 11:47:58 AM
Wouldn't be the first time a country went bankrupt. I just don't think that the world would go to war and anarchy over something like this, it just seems so unlikely. There would be a recession, maybe a depression, but the world would recover. Do not be naive and join the bandwagon of crypto-anarchists or anarcho-capitalists.

I'm speaking of something like 2008. The world will recover but it will be a different world. In the meantime it sends bitcoin to the Canis Majoris.
legendary
October 25, 2015, 11:44:41 AM
No universe has ever survived to not be blown apart by a large mythical alien with 60 heads made of spaghetti.

That claim is equally as true as yours, because there is no way of proving it is true or not true until the universe ends.

you bring analogies to your opponent's claims, falsely thinking that they are true analogies, while they're not. if anything, they could be analogies according to your personal description of the world (which we all know is subjective).

we have been collectively wrong so many times before. what gives you the justification to say that this time it is different?

that this time there will be no great depression and everything will somehow find a good solution. the feds just keep on the printing presses, quantitative easing, 0% interest rates and we all live happily ever after. you are being naive.

legendary
October 25, 2015, 11:38:25 AM

you bring analogies to your opponent's claims, falsely thinking that they are true analogies, while they're not. if anything, they could be analogies according to your personal description of the world (which we all know is subjective).

we have been collectively wrong so many times before. what gives you the justification to say that this time it is different?

that this time there will be no great depression and everything will somehow find a good solution. the feds just keep on the printing presses, quantitative easing, 0% interest rates and we all live happily ever after. you are being naive.
Activity: 504
October 25, 2015, 11:14:02 AM
Saying the truth it is very near to reach today $300
It needs only a few dollars now to pump and the target is reached.
The interesting fact is that the graph shows mostly green Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: