Pages:
Author

Topic: 3000-6000 BTC loan - Hookah Lounge - 9/18/12 Update - page 35. (Read 55301 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Employees steal most of all.
They're just building a better life by stealing office supplies.
Activity: 546
Merit: 252
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
This. Million times this!
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
Some people will, but most people won't.

No. If you had ever worked in the service industry then you would know that EVERYONE steals shit. People steal glasses. People steal cutlery. People steal plates. People steal toilet paper rolls. People steal the soap from the dispenser. People steal paper towel dispenser reload packs. People steal chair cushions. People steal the waitresses heart. People steal everything and anything.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
The ants came marching one by one
People will definitely steal the bowls, too.

Can you tell us about the hookahs you're thinking of buying?  You want something with minimum breakage potential.

Pyrex is wonderful for that.

Hmm... speaking of Pyrex...

I wonder if S&M gear using pyrex would sell? It's impact resistant...
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
People will definitely steal the bowls, too.

Can you tell us about the hookahs you're thinking of buying?  You want something with minimum breakage potential.
If you talk really fast and really well to Coke or Pepsi they will actually install a fridge on your premises that they will maintain, providing you ONLY stock with their products.

I'd put a conservative estimate at losing 1 hose per week.

College students have a tendency to tear stuff up because a lot of them act like amoral sociopaths with other people's property.

90% of all the problems in the bar were from college students.

You can expect to replace the cushioning on your benches every 6 months to a year, sooner if some jackhole decides he's pissed off at the world and slashes your seats because he's lashing out at The Man.

First rule of business: The customer is an amoral psychopath
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
Some people will, but most people won't.
Sure, but who steals a hookah hose?

Customers will steal anything not nailed down, and will steal a hammer to steal the nails and then steal it anyway.

Haven't you EVER interacted with customers?
Here's a thread from someone who started his own hookah lounge earlier in the year.  Might give you some ideas.

http://www.hookah.org/forum/start-hookah-lounge/1633-my-lounge-social-smoke-edition.html

The SS pro hoses he bought are $16.50 each.

http://www.socialsmoke.com/Professional-Series-Lounge-Hookah-Hose-i

Notice he bought 100 bowls and 500 mouthpieces to start.

Looking around different hookah forums, one of the most common complaints about lounges is not enough different brands or flavours on offer.  

Quote from: dank

People will steal anything that's not nailed down.

Another idea which another lounge owner had was offering steam stones for those who don't smoke tobacco.  It means you can make money out of people who don't smoke tobacco when they tag along with their friends instead of them just sitting around taking up space.
legendary
You cannot kill love
No, time will tell if I will succeed in my business or not.

I'm getting twenty extra hoses to start.  They're plastic with decoration, we'll see how long they last, I can always get replacements, they're fairly cheap.

Can I suggest that you get a few now and clean them every day using various methods so that you know which cleaning method degrades them fastest and how the decoration holds up to the cleaning process?  You want to be sure that the plastic won't hold flavours and odours after its cleaned, too.

This is important testing.

Do NOT get cheap stuff. Over time your costs for cheap-stuff far outweighs what expensive stuff would have been.

Also, with 16 hookahs, you should have a MINIMUM of 16x10=160 hoses.

That way you are covered for theft, some drunken dipshit slicing along the hose thinking he's cool, and wear and tear.

You always double +50% of the amount you will have on the floor.
legendary
You cannot kill love

I'm getting twenty extra hoses to start.  They're plastic with decoration, we'll see how long they last, I can always get replacements, they're fairly cheap.

Can I suggest that you get a few now and clean them every day using various methods so that you know which cleaning method degrades them fastest and how the decoration holds up to the cleaning process?  You want to be sure that the plastic won't hold flavours and odours after its cleaned, too.
I'll do it before I open for business but not until I get some funds going.

legendary
You cannot kill love
http://www.restaurantseatingdirect.com/products.asp?category=20

Check there.

There are actually manufacturer standards for service provider establishments regarding furniture.

After all, you don't wanna get sued and lose everything.

I'm getting twenty extra hoses to start.  They're plastic with decoration, we'll see how long they last, I can always get replacements, they're fairly cheap.

If you only have 5 hookahs, that assumes you can put those 5 hookahs out WHILE their hoses are washing.

You might want to start thinking in lots of 100.
I'll check them out, I don't want them too high off the ground.

I'm at 16 hookahs, right now.  The hookahs and hoses should be washed together though.
http://www.restaurantseatingdirect.com/products.asp?category=20

Check there.

There are actually manufacturer standards for service provider establishments regarding furniture.

After all, you don't wanna get sued and lose everything.

I'm getting twenty extra hoses to start.  They're plastic with decoration, we'll see how long they last, I can always get replacements, they're fairly cheap.

If you only have 5 hookahs, that assumes you can put those 5 hookahs out WHILE their hoses are washing.

You might want to start thinking in lots of 100.
legendary
You cannot kill love

Pretty much I thought that was a challenge for me to come up with numbers and hard data before you.

So, have you decided on acrylic disposable tips? What kind of hoses will you go with to handle the degradation problem?

It will have to be washable hoses.  The others have a life-span of only months when used and cleaned once a week, and they'll have to be cleaned all the time not just for health reasons but also because people are going to be pissed off if their hookah tastes like left-overs of someone else's different flavoured session.  

Sorry dank, thought you must have gone to bed seeing you haven't given us any more numbers.
This.
Quote from: dank
Time will tell

Pretty much I thought that was a challenge for me to come up with numbers and hard data before you.

So, have you decided on acrylic disposable tips? What kind of hoses will you go with to handle the degradation problem?

So what do you think, rabbit skin or wolf skin for the edging on LORD HUMUNGOUS CODPIECE, and should it have steel or chrome studs on it?

And probably crotchless skin-coloured Lycra for the spankies for the "Slave Girl/Pet/Barbarian Princess/Wasteland Pet" line.

I actually might have a distributor for the fake tire-tread pieces. I mean, you can't have WASTELAND MASTERY lines without faux-tire-tread.

Hell, for style advice, I should check out some of the old 80's post-apocalyptic movies and Billy Idol videos.

Offer them from Petite to SEX-XLarge sizes.

I mean, come on, who wouldn't want an anthropo fox mask with faux-fox fur and a detachable tire tread gimp mask, complete with "piercings", "tattoos" and "punkadelic fur styls."

You could go really retro and go for the Jane Fonda in Barbarella look.

I have no sense of aesthetics, so you'd be better off consulting dank about chrome vs steel, etc.

Sorry dank, thought you must have gone to bed seeing you haven't given us any more numbers.
Pages:
Jump to: