Pages:
Author

Topic: [~32 TH] HHTT - Selected Diff/Stratum/PPLNS/Paid Stales/High Availability/Tor - page 2. (Read 29753 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1015
closing the pool

Hey, man. Great pool you had. However, WTF is everyone whining about you closing it, the new p2pool node you run is way better idea! I'm speaking of this: http://stratum.hhtt.1209k.com:9332/static/
I've already made 0.03 bitcoins in that pool and it has been online just a couple of days now.
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
So here's my HHTT in memoriam post: http://organofcorti.blogspot.com/2014/01/17-goodbye-hhtt-coinbase-will-never-be.html

fireduck, may your piles always be small ones, and your bunions always fade.

Ha, I didn't think anyone noticed.

I mostly stopped adding things because I changed some database security stuff which made it a pain to get to a system that could write to the db to add entries.
Activity: 257
Merit: 250
Cut my teeth so to speak at this pool , far out man  , happy new year and all the best fireduck.
legendary
Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003
nec sine labore
I should note that carefully shutting down something you have spent so long building is like strangling a kitten with your bare hands.

I'm having the last node refuse connections for one hour to help people figure out something is wrong.  After that, I'm going to bring up a p2pool node with a payout address of Sean's Outpost.

http://stratum.hhtt.1209k.com:9332/static/

Fireduck,

I went solo one month ago since I had a few more meat-space duties to follow.

It is a sad day today and I can feel all your pain.

I've enjoyed your pool since the autumn of 2011 when I first started mining on it.

You made a great pool, the best in my opinion, I was not even using backup pools when I was mining on HHTT.

That said, you're a brilliant mind and I'm sure you'll soon find new ways to improve the BTC environment and have fun.

My best wishes for a great 2014!

spiccioli
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
So here's my HHTT in memoriam post: http://organofcorti.blogspot.com/2014/01/17-goodbye-hhtt-coinbase-will-never-be.html

fireduck, may your piles always be small ones, and your bunions always fade.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Looks like I've lost a few days worth of profits... Never got paid. Angry
No block
Fireduck, thank you for running this pool. To see it go is a loss for everyone.
Activity: 229
Merit: 103

Me too... Very sad  Cry

But more sad of the fact HHTT, funny and cheap has gone.

Fireduck, better lucky for you in 2014.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
I'd fight Gandhi.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
I'll be shutting down the pool today.  I would be surprised if there were any more blocks.

Thanks everyone.

For whatever it is worth, I've switched my personal miners to slush's pool with BTC Guild as a backup.

Even though I never had a chance to mine here, I'm really sorry to see the pool go. It was innovative, stable, and fun. I have no idea why it wasn't more popular than some of the other larger and less stable pools. I also loved some of the weirdness you included in the coinbase.

Thanks for running a great pool, Fireduck. Good luck with future endeavours.

I just can't lost 0.49070038, it's too much. Please fireduck, do something. It's easy: keep mining solo and after 1~4 months when a block is found, just redistribute the revenue. Fireduck, I trust you, please do something. This service wasn't free, we paid fees. Thank you!  Kiss

Yeah, this is why it was in no one's best interest to have this pool at this hash rate.  I am absolutely not going to solo mine with my hashing power.

If you are out ~0.5, I am out 4.5 from my own hashing.  I'm not going to get that either.
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
I'll be shutting down the pool today.  I would be surprised if there were any more blocks.

Thanks everyone.

For whatever it is worth, I've switched my personal miners to slush's pool with BTC Guild as a backup.

Don't forget about Eligius! Smiley
I just can't lost 0.49070038, it's too much. Please fireduck, do something. It's easy: keep mining solo and after 1~4 months when a block is found, just redistribute the revenue. Fireduck, I trust you, please do something. This service wasn't free, we paid fees. Thank you!  Kiss

It wasn't free for him to provide the service to you either. In my opinion he has no moral obligation to do this for any of us. He certainly has no contractual obligation to do anything. He mined in his pool and lost the same future reward potential as everyone else with the shutdown.

I totally understand that, and I agree, but I think something can be done. Fry the brain and find a solution. I loved HHTT, but this is worse than horrible and terrible.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

It wasn't free for him to provide the service to you either. In my opinion he has no moral obligation to do this for any of us. He certainly has no contractual obligation to do anything. He mined in his pool and lost the same future reward potential as everyone else with the shutdown.
Fireduck, you said you have a fund to make payment liquid. So I think you can take this fund and distribute proportionally. Go fireduck! Go! Do something...  Cry
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Fireduck, what happened with my 0.49070038 PPLNS Share? Since last block found (26 Dec) I contribute with a lot of GH/s. I think you should keep mining alone and distribute the award when you find the block.

Thank you!

Yeah we all contributed lots of GH/s since the last found block.   But this is not a PPS  pool.  The problem is that the difficulty is so high and the hash rate of the pool could not keep up with the difficulty. Too much variance was killing the return.    Your PPLNS work is lost, move on.   ;-(
Fireduck, what happened with my 0.49070038 PPLNS Share? Since last block found (26 Dec) I contribute with a lot of GH/s. I think you should keep mining alone and distribute the award when you find the block.

Thank you!
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
It was a good run!  Best wishes FD!

-Wave

Thanks for your effort in hosting and running the pool.  It was a good run and I believe it to be one of the most stable pools out there.  Good luck with your future plans, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Cheers!

I have a few projects in mind.

1) A notification site, you put in bitcoin addresses or electrum master public keys and then you get a notification on any transactions that occur on any of the addresses.

2) A funds splitting app, where you define a split for funds.  Example: 25% goes to address a, 75% to address b.  Then you are issued an address and any funds that go to that address is split as defined automatically.

Both of those would be enabled with a bitcoin transaction processing engine using bitcoinj and electrum servers.  The transaction engine would be good for people building all sorts of bitcoin related things.
Pages:
Jump to: