Pages:
Author

Topic: [~32 TH] HHTT - Selected Diff/Stratum/PPLNS/Paid Stales/High Availability/Tor - page 4. (Read 29733 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 251
At this difficulty, I'm not sure this pool is sustainable at this hash rate.

80 hours per block (average) is way too much variance.  I feel like I am losing money mining here and it is my own pool.

But the last thing I want to do is shut it down.  There are not enough pools and too much mining power is in too few.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
Any chance FD would add MM for NMC, DVC, IXC?  Over a month all those add up...

You're talking merged mining?

Correct...
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Activity: 61
Merit: 10

You're talking merged mining?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
Activity: 61
What is going to hurt?

Three days without blocks Smiley but we went through...

spiccioli

Lot of power came on recently. Good stuff, I know about 4thash I talked over from gigas pool.
legendary
Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003
nec sine labore
What is going to hurt?

Three days without blocks Smiley but we went through...

spiccioli
Activity: 105
What is going to hurt?
legendary
nec sine labore
This is going to hurt...

spiccioli
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
I like Orpahans.  You should keep it.
Hey gents, on the main mage we show "Orpahans", it should be Orphans.

-Wave

Wave,

it this pool we say orpahans... Wink

spiccioli

I guess I couldn't change it now.
legendary
nec sine labore

-Wave

Wave,

it this pool we say orpahans... Wink

spiccioli
Activity: 105

-Wave

Support the discouraging of address re-use.

The exchange rate value of everyone's Bitcoins depends on killing the lists. Including you, me, spiccioli, and everyone mining, pooled, decentrally or solo.

spiccioli, please consider using the address re-use de-prioritising mining node. This will be a step along the way to preventing the public blockchain record from being used against us to devalue our Bitcoins.

Everyone at HHTT should familiarise themselves with the forthcoming HD wallets feature, keychains. You can create as many keychains as you wish, just like single addresses. This will let you lock reward payments to a sequence of crytographically determined keychain addresses instead of one address. It is a superior alternative to locking to a static address, you can gain more privacy with the same level of security.

HD wallets will likely be available in the 0.9 Bitcoin client.

So whatever this thread spam is aside, I've been thinking about that.

For example, if someone wanted to give me an electrum master public key, I could send payments for them to unused addresses on that chain.  I'd be glad to support any other deterministic schemes I could find software for.

Example (not implemented, stated as an example):
A person mines with a username of an electrum master public key.  In the suckers list and status pages HHTT would show something like HMAC(mpk, 'hhtt').substring(0, 20).  That way, no one would be able to see the who mpk.  Then when doing a payment, I would find an unused address on that mpk chain and send the payment to that.  I would also stop posting transaction IDs to make it harder to figure out who each miner was in the payment transactions.  Still possible, but hard after the fact.  The transactions would of course still be visible, but not how much each miner was paid and which miner is which.

legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

The exchange rate value of everyone's Bitcoins depends on killing the lists. Including you, me, spiccioli, and everyone mining, pooled, decentrally or solo.

spiccioli, please consider using the address re-use de-prioritising mining node. This will be a step along the way to preventing the public blockchain record from being used against us to devalue our Bitcoins.

Everyone at HHTT should familiarise themselves with the forthcoming HD wallets feature, keychains. You can create as many keychains as you wish, just like single addresses. This will let you lock reward payments to a sequence of crytographically determined keychain addresses instead of one address. It is a superior alternative to locking to a static address, you can gain more privacy with the same level of security.

HD wallets will likely be available in the 0.9 Bitcoin client.

legendary
nec sine labore
Here we go again!

1bush8 gets 0.27 per block (more or less) and today solving latest block he/she got a nice 0.36 prize!

HHTT is the only pool doing this kind of lottery Smiley

spiccioli
legendary
nec sine labore
It's been a little dry lately, come on lucky blocks, where you hiding?

Lucky periods, per definition, last a lot less than unlucky ones... you can see a lucky period as a reward for enduring an unlucky one Smiley

spiccioli
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
It's been a little dry lately, come on lucky blocks, where you hiding?
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009

Transaction is:
https://blockchain.info/tx/8e9adefd0608b4525d2d35e80247911516d2afcfee8d6bb121c63197ef275df0?show_adv=true

with 18.7908 BTC fee.

I wonder if it was a poorly constructed transaction by hand or a wonky fee calculator (that transaction is indeed huge).

It's not the first tx of this kind.
Seems like those fees are intentional.
Pages:
Jump to: