Author

Topic: [4+ EH] Slush Pool (slushpool.com); Overt AsicBoost; World First Mining Pool - page 1125. (Read 4382482 times)

adv
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
BTW, what reason to run miner (SIC! nor bitcoin, nor bitcoind) trough Tor?
Activity: 440
Merit: 250
Hi, I'm connecting to the pool through Tor.  What's to stop a tor exit node sniffing my data, and claiming my shares for itself?  Can the bitcoin getwork() interface be encrypted?  Just to let you know, it hasn't happened yet I think.  I did lose one share yesterday, but it might be network latency.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Forgive me if I sound rude, but as far as I understand, all the transaction fees that went trough the blocks the community participated in creating trough you servers, end up to you, am I right?

yes. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.42122

I understand, thanks for the prompt answer and keep up the good work!

I'll be pariticipating myself, I'm doing about 40Mhashes/sec, hehe
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097
Forgive me if I sound rude, but as far as I understand, all the transaction fees that went trough the blocks the community participated in creating trough you servers, end up to you, am I right?

yes. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.42122
Activity: 6

Activity: 286
What about the fees "earned" by a found block? Are these collected solely by the coordinator of the mining server, or are these sent to the miners, split according to their shares for this block?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.42122

I feel like you should have a bigger FAQ so you don't have to repost answers  Wink.
Activity: 489
Merit: 504
What about the fees "earned" by a found block? Are these collected solely by the coordinator of the mining server, or are these sent to the miners, split according to their shares for this block?
Time to extend the FaQ? Cheesy
legendary

Activity: 57
Activity: 1344
Merit: 264
bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON
Anyone else care to jump in on this side thread, please do.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.42992
legendary
Looks okay.

Yes, looks like we had hard times in previous 20 hours. Hope it is behind us :-).
Activity: 286
Have you introduced some problem with the distribution of work? The probability of finding so few blocks over the last 20 hours is about 10^-5 ...
I feel something is not right too, the average durations of finding a block has DRASTICALLY increased in the last 24 hours. I hope it's only my paranoid.

Looks okay.

643   2011-01-31 18:39:01   0:04:13   1527           2.88146691          105525    120 confirmations left
642   2011-01-31 18:34:48   0:03:05   1077           2.64623954          105523    118 confirmations left
641   2011-01-31 18:31:43   0:53:14   19921   2.31665075          105522    117 confirmations left
640   2011-01-31 17:38:29   0:13:27   5197            2.32826629          105514    109 confirmations left
legendary
Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000
Live and enjoy experiments
Have you introduced some problem with the distribution of work? The probability of finding so few blocks over the last 20 hours is about 10^-5 ...
I feel something is not right too, the average durations of finding a block has DRASTICALLY increased in the last 24 hours. I hope it's only my paranoid.
legendary

It is weird, but I don't see any troubles on the pool side. We already had days where only few blocks were found.
Activity: 13
Activity: 13
Your new system is totally fair in terms of expected value. You might want to increase the number of shares, this will reduce the variance for the CPU miners.
legendary
Then most CPU's are going to be starving.  And I thought the pool would be the only way to go with a CPU......I guess CPU's will get the short end of the stick on this one.

I think you didn't get the point of the last update. This change does not affect calculating rewards in any way, because everybody has the same probability to hit 'stale' share. It only affect absolute numbers of shares in round, there will be ~1% less shares per round (in global and also per worker).
Activity: 1344
Merit: 264
bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON

I do not see any problems with that. Those who slow to submit work are late for dinner.

Then most CPU's are going to be starving.  And I thought the pool would be the only way to go with a CPU......I guess CPU's will get the short end of the stick on this one.
legendary
That way anyone that submits an old work from the previous block doesn't get an invalid.

Worker doesn't get an 'invalid or stale', but the share from previous block cannot be valid Bitcoin block, so I don't see the reason why to accept this.

I understand the desire to cut off those abusing the system, which is a good thing, but you should make sure it doesn't affect those playing by the rules.

Well, I'm sure. This change affected only counting of shares, not validating hashes against bitcoind. Even if I made some strange mistake in this update (which I don't expect), pool don't miss any block, because every share is still fully checked.
legendary
Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000
Live and enjoy experiments
I understand the desire to cut off those abusing the system, which is a good thing, but you should make sure it doesn't affect those playing by the rules.
Well, slush is changing the rule since he is the ruler Smiley

However, I do think the new rule is fair, because if a block is found within seconds, those slow workers submitting their shares for previous block won't have chance anyway -- with or without a pool.
Jump to: