Author

Topic: [4+ EH] Slush Pool (slushpool.com); Overt AsicBoost; World First Mining Pool - page 1127. (Read 4382482 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Hi there :

I'm running minerd with 792.47 khash/sec
In what average time my Found Blocks and Current shares may change from "0" to another count ?

Tks
Gustavo

Gustavo,

I am also running minerd with a similar hash rate.  The amount of shares you will discover and their timing isn't very predictable.  Some rounds you will not find any shares, some you may find two or three.  At least one is pretty normal.  Don't be expecting great things from your mining operation, from three or four days of running my machine I can predict you will probably only generate 0.02 or 0.03 BTC a day. 
legendary
Activity: 1099
Merit: 1000
Hi there :

I'm running minerd with 792.47 khash/sec
In what average time my Found Blocks and Current shares may change from "0" to another count ?

Tks
Gustavo
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097
Maybe I worded it incorrectly. Basically, I am saying that the pool is paying fair share and everything is ok.

Oh, sorry for misunderstanding. Nice to hear that.
legendary
How can I be producing hashes, and the server is not recording them.
Because of this, my payout has been dramatically cut...which is not cool.

Any logs from miner available? This looks like network issue & bad exception handling in miner...

I shouldn't have to restart my miners at the beginning of every new round!!!

I don't think it can help in any case. This is not a Windows.

Slush, did you change something?

No; and other workers looks fine. Which is your new login? I'll check current server logs.

Which miner do you use? Do you have correct password? (Maybe miner just don't show you that you've bad credentials)

Did you add some type of new restrictions, because if you did you just broke my setup......which ONLY HAS 3 MINERS! Sad

Keep calm. I didn't banned you or something, there will be some reasonable explanation.
legendary
Slush,
Something strange is going on.
This is the second day now that I've woke up, checked my stats, and it shows that I've produced 0 shares....even though my miner's are running and finding hashes!

So I restart my miner, and still, no shares showing up.
So again I have to restart my miner, and nothing is showing up.
Just restarted it a third time, and finally it's showing up with submitted shares.

Slush, the two workers I'm seeing this with are:
fairuser.desktop
fairuser.ATI5770

Hi, I didn't change anything for many days, I'm currently very busy in my job. There is no reason on server side for this, because other workers are going fine. I didn't block you or anything (and I also write email to user when I see anything bad with their workers).
legendary
My math show's that BTC income received is less than one standard deviation from expected.

Can you publish your calculations, please? Because I'm doing some stats on my side, I know pool is performing well (rewards are accurate for number of submitting shares).

There is only one thing which is not calculated into server's CDF - overhead of miners with network latency. I mean, if you have roundtrip to pool 200ms and you are asking for getwork() every 5000ms, you have 4% network overhead. It depends on miner algorithms, but when you have fast miner and he is stopping work when share is found (and is waiting for another getwork), this overhead can be much bigger. For example, Diablo's ISN'T stopping hashing when share is found, which is better.

Those things should be much better with push based protocol, which (I hope) will be ready soon.
legendary
Maybe I am just lucky, but I feel like the 80 BTC I've earned is well behind the 200 BTC I would've earned all on my own.

Yes, this is just a luck. There is no reason for just big difference, you have only small statistical population to make conclusion.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 264
bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON
Slush,
This is the second day now that I've woke up, checked my stats, and it shows that I've produced 0 shares....even though my miner's are running and finding hashes!

Just restarted it a third time, and finally it's showing up with submitted shares.

fairuser.desktop
fairuser.ATI5770

Since this is happening on two different machines, I certain it's a server side issue.

Any ideas?  Anyone else seeing this?

It just happened again at the beginning of round with block #104271.
Shares were being "accepted", but not showing any credit on the website, and I had to restart my miner before the server started showing them.
Very strange.

UPDATE:  So we just started a new round again (#467), and my miner is still runnings, says it's ~ 175,000 khash/s, but doesn't get any new "accepted" after the round begins.  This is very strange.  I shouldn't have to restart my miners at the beginning of every new round!!!

UPDATE 2: My miner is no longer getting any active shares/hashes since I reboot my PC and restarted my miner.  It appears to be getting the "getwork" request, but after 5 minutes I have not gotten a single share.  I also just found a the solution for the block on one of my miners thats working. w00t!

Slush, did you change something?

UPDATE 3:  I created and starting using a different account and worker on my 3rd PC w/ the ATI 5770.  Right away I started getting "accepted" shares that are being accepted and counted on the server.  So, Slush, why is my account with 3 active workers having problems?  My two workers seem to be running fine, but the third worker is just getting a bunch of "getwork" request that don't have answers....which leaves my card doing a lot of work for nothing.  Did you add some type of new restrictions, because if you did you just broke my setup......which ONLY HAS 3 MINERS! Sad

What gives?

I started another instance of the program and both of them ran at about 800 khash/s.  Setting two threads had the same effect, 800 khash per thread, but is more convenient than starting two instances.  Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.
lfm
Activity: 196
Merit: 104

Yes, it is dual core, so that must be the problem.  However, I just looked at the commands for minerd and didn't see anything for specifying the use of both cores.  Do you know how to do that?

try the threads option

Yes, it is dual core, so that must be the problem.  However, I just looked at the commands for minerd and didn't see anything for specifying the use of both cores.  Do you know how to do that?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Is your laptop dual core ? Cpuminer doesn't use more than 1 core unless you tell  it to.

When I run BitCoin on my laptop it gets about 1800 khash/s, when I run the cpuminer and connect to the pool I only get about 800 khash/s.  Anyone else's speed slow down when they connect to the server?  Is this normal or do I need to fix some setting?

Activity: 1344
Merit: 264
bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON
Slush,

fairuser.desktop
fairuser.ATI5770

Since this is happening on two different machines, I certain it's a server side issue.

Any ideas?  Anyone else seeing this?
Ryo
Activity: 28
Merit: 1
Unless I'm mistaken, this is the expected gain for mining all by yourself. I compute my expected gain by finding how much of the total computing power of the pool I have, and how fast the pool generates blocks. I didn't try to prove it, but it seems logical that this number would be somewhat lower.
Ryo
Activity: 28
Merit: 1
May I ask how you compute your expected gain ?
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
I've decided to pull my nodes from the pool as of Jan 22. Since joining the pool on Jan 6, I have received about 5 BTC/day for a total of ~80 BTC, and in that time, I found 4 blocks for the pool. This morning I found yet another block (for myself, this time). Maybe I am just lucky, but I feel like the 80 BTC I've earned is well behind the 200 BTC I would've earned all on my own.
Activity: 322
Do The Evolution
surpassed 20 GHashes/sec for a while now. Maybe you want to update the thread. Smiley
Activity: 532
Merit: 505
transaction fees tend to zero anyway, don't they?
i generated a couple of hundred blocks since around may 2010 and only got transaction-fees (of around 0.02 as far as i remember) twice.
that's not even close to cover anyones server-costs, would be more than just ok if slush just keeps it for himself.  Wink
Jump to: