Author

Topic: [4+ EH] Slush Pool (slushpool.com); Overt AsicBoost; World First Mining Pool - page 1146. (Read 4381850 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097
i made an account like 4 hours ago no email yet?

Today I had troubles with mails, but at time of your registration was everything perfect - people registered few minutes before and after you are active. And no mail in queue.

Nevermind. Maybe spam issue. I activated your account.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
i made an account like 4 hours ago no email yet?
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007
1davout
I was talking about the "show profile" thing Smiley
also PMz
legendary
Little question, is it by design that i have to go through the login step each time i want to check on my shares ?

If you mean there is only 'login' link, it mean I just forgot to add 'show profile' button :-). You can bookmark http://mining.bitcoin.cz/accounts/profile/, site keeps you logged in for long time.

If you mean that list of workers and it's shares is not public: I'm not sure if people will like this feature globally. Maybe I can make public list of active workers if it's owner will allow this in profile settings.
legendary
1davout
Radeon back in the pool =)

zoooo  Cheesy So we probably cross 3000mhash barrier soon!

Little question, is it by design that i have to go through the login step each time i want to check on my shares ?

legendary

zoooo  Cheesy So we probably cross 3000mhash barrier soon!
legendary
1davout
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
The pool had an average of 1915.9 Mhash/s for the first 5 blocks. With this rate, it should have completed first 5 blocks on average in 137325 seconds, while it took 212003 seconds. It's well within statistical variance. Over time, it will converge to the average.
legendary
The pool has been running for over 90 hours now, found 5 blocks in that time with a speed of well over 2000 Mhash, sometimes getting close to 3000! At this rate the average time to find a block is 4-5 hours.
With this in mind i was suprised to see the pool so far has an average time of over 18 hours to find a block.

Maybe it's too early to determine a true average on this 'short' runtime, but the difference is prety big. Is there a reason for this? (except for randomness)

I know everybody is interested in this question, but come on, this is not fair.

a) Mining is absolutely about luck and statistics. There is nothing as "a right to mine block every 5 hours". Ask ArtForz for his experiences in mining; it is never to be exact.
b) You cannot make statistics on population of 5 blocks. Forgot to block calculator statistics, when you have 5 blocks.  Why are you embarassed for slightly longer time on two blocks (namely 98135 and 98238) and you did not post happy message when we found block 98139 after 30 minutes (!!) of mining?
c) Pool was near 3000mhashes/s (exactly 28xx) for maybe one hour (davout then disconnected his 5970). I mined first block almost alone with my card and we step over 2000mhash before few hours. Take a calculator and practice how counting with average works. It is definitely not near 5 hours to block in long term average yet. Currently we are near 6 hours if we started with 2300mhash/s on beginning!

So take a seat, keep calm and let's wait to another block :-).
legendary
Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001
The pool has been running for over 90 hours now, found 5 blocks in that time with a speed of well over 2000 Mhash, sometimes getting close to 3000! At this rate the average time to find a block is 4-5 hours.
With this in mind i was suprised to see the pool so far has an average time of over 18 hours to find a block.

Maybe it's too early to determine a true average on this 'short' runtime, but the difference is prety big. Is there a reason for this? (except for randomness)
legendary
I tried to register for the service, however it threw an "unhandled exception" for all three acceptable permutations of my username (DerrikeG, Derrike, Derrike_G) after clicking "Register". I cannot use any of those accounts to login and join the network.

There are problem with mailing server, email confirmation hang. Your account DerrikeG was activated manually, I'm working on mailing bug now. Solved. Did not affect mining in any way.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
I tried to register for the service, however it threw an "unhandled exception" for all three acceptable permutations of my username (DerrikeG, Derrike, Derrike_G) after clicking "Register". I cannot use any of those accounts to login and join the network.
legendary
Just wanted to announce here that my miner now has some fixes related to pool usage. It should cycle over network problems. Also, mining is done in a separate thread to avoid performance drops due to IO.

Perfect! That is great news! Users of m0mchil's miners, please
a) update to latest version
b) send them a donation (maybe some % from your mining rewards)
legendary
Users are saying me about their workers crashes very often - by email, personal messages or on #bitcoin-dev. Please note that I'm actively developing it and there are approx. three restarts of application per day,  each under one second of outage. It means that whole-day site availability is more than 99.996%! There are 20 requests per second already and there is no timeframe when I can restart server without refusing few connections.

Your miner was originaly designed for talking with bitcoin client on local computer or local network. There are no network issues. So exception/error handling in miners are not bullet proof as it could be, they crashed when connection is broken during request and so. Please, if your miner crash, copy error message you get, write polite message and ask to fixing this bug with error message attached. Then send to jgarzik, m0mchil or Diablo-D3. In the most cases, fixing of those errors are pretty easy, but authors needs reporting from you! Don't rely on others, YOU can get it better! Please, then consider donation to miner author. He is fixing it in his free time because you want to earn some bitcoin :-).

Also it is pointless to howl on PM when you see service is working again. I cannot do anything in this case. Of course contact me in any case when you experience some continuous problems with service, I will take care.
Activity: 171
Merit: 127
Just wanted to announce here that my miner now has some fixes related to pool usage. It should cycle over network problems. Also, mining is done in a separate thread to avoid performance drops due to IO.
legendary
Well done, fifth block is arriving!
legendary
Three good news.

a) We just find fourth block http://mining.bitcoin.cz/stats/
b) We crossed over 2000mhash/s
c) I set up automatic script, so rewards will be sent every six hours (UTC 0:00, 06:00, ...)

But I'm too dumb to make jgarzik's work so i'm sticking with the little guy.

Send me PM with commandline you run, I will try to help. jgarzik's miner is not 'pre-configured' for working with this pool, you need to pass correct arguments.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014
Strength in numbers
anyway, i just take what i get.   Cheesy

Of course it's his choice whether or not he releases the source. I am very interested, however, in knowing why he doesn't want to release it. This is the last I'm going to say about it in this thread though.

We already have an alternative to this closed source cooperative mining service.  It's fully open source, nothing's hidden.  Anyone is free to look at and modify the code.  Due to the way work is distributed, every client can verify they are getting their share before they start hashing.  If the server crashes and burns immediately after a block is generated, you'll still get your share.  Anyone can run a pool server.  Please check it out and help make it better : Pooled/Remote Mining

I do like the way you distribute coins. I was trying to get in the other pool though since it's bigger. But I'm too dumb to make jgarzik's work so i'm sticking with the little guy.
legendary
Anybody know Puddingpop's server and I'm absolutely OK with it. Must say that it has its pros and also cons Wink. But please don't continue in flame in this thread or I will begin to moderate it. Open your own thread and discuss freely.
Activity: 103
Merit: 17
anyway, i just take what i get.   Cheesy

Of course it's his choice whether or not he releases the source. I am very interested, however, in knowing why he doesn't want to release it. This is the last I'm going to say about it in this thread though.

We already have an alternative to this closed source cooperative mining service.  It's fully open source, nothing's hidden.  Anyone is free to look at and modify the code.  Due to the way work is distributed, every client can verify they are getting their share before they start hashing.  If the server crashes and burns immediately after a block is generated, you'll still get your share.  Anyone can run a pool server.  Please check it out and help make it better : Pooled/Remote Mining
Jump to: