Pages:
Author

Topic: 4 x Antminer S1 on 2 Corsair PSU with uprated fans. - page 2. (Read 3589 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10
I have 4 running off a single Dell 2100W server PSU.
Activity: 479
Merit: 250
As they don't keep the ants cool enough even running at 190-200 gh they are only at about 34 with the new fans, I run two fans in case one cuts out, thus the ants don't cook them selves.
Also i'm not to sure how reliable they are, I've chosen a fan that I know is regularly used on servers and has a good reliability track record.

That hasn't been my experience.  The speed of the stock fans is controlled by Ant's controller board based on the reading from the on board temp sensor.  The stock fans never even run at top speed in my experience you can test this by unplugging the fan control cable and your fan will accelerate to top speed which is considerably higher than it's normal speed.

At any rate, it's your money but I don't see any reason to believe there is a benefit to this.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
I've had one of the stock fans fail.
Yes I had read they could cope with more then the 750 so they are within operating limits with the 4 ants.
I'm drawing 1680 Watts at the wall according to my monitor.

As they don't keep the ants cool enough even running at 190-200 gh they are only at about 34 with the new fans, I run two fans in case one cuts out, thus the ants don't cook them selves.
Also i'm not to sure how reliable they are, I've chosen a fan that I know is regularly used on servers and has a good reliability track record.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Electricites

Rule #1.
Do NOT overload circuits.

Activity: 479
Merit: 250
Operating at peak load I would expect a CX750 to draw 937 Watts at the wall or 1875 for two of them.

The 750Watt rating is power supplied to the attached devices and CX750's are rated to be 80% efficient so 750/.8 = 937.5 Watts at the wall when operating at peak load.

Why do you think these fans are better than the stock fans?
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
I thought it might be good to share my experience of what I feel is improving the design of the S1 Antminers.
This is my first parse, I'm already revising my design to mount both fans on the front.

At current they have a front and back mounted fan. 

The fans are Nidac 12v 2.7amp Beta V. I use two fans per ant miner to keep them nice and cool to add a level of redundancy in case of PSU failure I run the fans in two banks each powered of a cheapish PSU in my case some old cool masters that I had around.  I chose the p1 and p2 connectors that can supply enough amperage for the fans.  Thats the main thing with these just make sure they are attached to cables that can take the power 12v * 2.7amp * 4 = 129Watts per bank.

http://www.netring.co.uk/content/images/fans.JPG

My ants are running at around 190-205gh each and are staying around 33ish degrees which I class as a win.
Powering the fans direct off a separate PSU drops the drain on the main corsair 750 I'm using, this is what I believe allows me to run two ant miners off of one corsair 750 PSU.  At the wall they are drawing about 1600 Watts, which is a little over what the PSU are rated at but they are running cool.  Obviously try this at your own risk!

http://www.netring.co.uk/content/images/ants1.JPG

What I want to do is build an alert system in on fan failure, I'm probably going to do this with two parses, step one possibly a basic amp meter on the fans which switches of the related miners on a failure.  Long term I might rig this up to a raspberry PI so I can monitor them remotely and get alerts.

If anybody is interested or done anything similar I would love to know?

Also if any body wants to send me a tip because they think its a good idea they can to
14qF1hj3SxAzyWkCxrkgSYPikM7faKqKAV

Pages:
Jump to: