Pages:
Author

Topic: 4.5% daily return... What idiot believes this? (Read 5510 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
'Slow and steady wins the race'
I have noticed a couple of people with a link to www.cryptcominer.com in their sig.  They are promising 4.5% DAILY RETURNS FOREVER. 

OK I know it obviously isn't true, it's just annoying me how they can try to trick people like this.  I am assuming it is some sort of pyramid scheme.

Look at what they are promising.

Are people really this stupid?
not all idiots. there are some pretty smart to take this opportunity to attend 1 or 2 times then go before the site becomes lost
The issue is that people get greedy when they do this. If it works 2 times, then they want to try it a 3rd, but this time with more money, then a 4th, and a 5th time. This cycle continues until the ponzi runs away with their money
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."
Some said to me that trying to out guess a Ponzi's lifespan was like picking up dimes from in front of a steamroller.
Activity: 378
I have noticed a couple of people with a link to www.cryptcominer.com in their sig.  They are promising 4.5% DAILY RETURNS FOREVER. 

OK I know it obviously isn't true, it's just annoying me how they can try to trick people like this.  I am assuming it is some sort of pyramid scheme.

Look at what they are promising.

Are people really this stupid?
not all idiots. there are some pretty smart to take this opportunity to attend 1 or 2 times then go before the site becomes lost
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option
So this is officially end of this story?

Of course not.

They'll be doing sequels until it stops being profitable ie. until there's no more stupid people falling for this.

People will never stop falling for this as they generally see that this is a ponzi however they do not know when it will collapse and will try to profit from it in the meantime
Activity: 476
Merit: 256

Of course not.

They'll be doing sequels until it stops being profitable ie. until there's no more stupid people falling for this.

It's the end of the CryptcoMiner story, not the end of scam
schemes on this forum, and stooopids investing into them each time.

Personally I wonder what goes through the mind of someone investing 1000 USD thinking he's gonna get a 35% profit within 24 hours.
Activity: 251
Merit: 100

Of course not.

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273
Are they down!?

You seem surprised. I saw people advertising for them and I knew it was going to happen soon.
Activity: 476
Merit: 256
Are they down!?
They have been down for ages now, they're not coming back and investors will never see their investments
again. Sad but true, think twice before risking your money!
Activity: 395
Merit: 255
crypto.games: #1 Gambling Site
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Are they down!?

Yes,the website is down.
Activity: 395
Merit: 255
crypto.games: #1 Gambling Site
Are they down!?
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273
Hashprofit.com is now going to start advertising. Their rates are a bit less extreme but still 1.5 percent a day is large. No compounding.
Activity: 252
Merit: 251
Knowledge its everything
100% bullshit

The difficult will increase & block reward will decrease
SO, the profit will down & someday you will get negative profit result

Now the site has gone, I'd like to hear from people who participated..   

Do you really think they made off with much money? I really don't think they would have got any sizeable investments probably the odd $20 here and there.

According to this article http://cryptoconspiracy.com/overnight-major-ponzi-scheme-cryptcominer-finally-absconds-with-over-70-btc/ they made off 70 BTC, pretty much money gathered in a short period

Becuase they promote really well, and they have good system
And they run signature-ad campaign too

cryptcominer is 100% scam  Grin they will gone soon

Very soon  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
I think they will (be) back again with new identity , then run a new site and signature campaign....

That's why you turn them into the SEC as soon as you see any problem.  The SEC shuts down
a Ponzi every few weeks. Sometimes they get the money back, too. Sometimes the scammers
go to jail.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
I think they will back again with new identity , then run a new site and signature campaign ,and certainly there will still be someone who be cheated.

Just keep your eyes open and stay away from these stupid scams.
Activity: 374

Do you really think they made off with much money? I really don't think they would have got any sizeable investments probably the odd $20 here and there.

According to this article http://cryptoconspiracy.com/overnight-major-ponzi-scheme-cryptcominer-finally-absconds-with-over-70-btc/ they made off 70 BTC, pretty much money gathered in a short period
Some of that very well could have been their own money. They probably needed a little bit at first to pay out the early "investors" and would likely want to keep more in their known addresses to make people feel more safe about putting money in their "service"
Activity: 322
Merit: 252
Here I Am !!

Activity: 585

Activity: 374

You realize this behavior causes other people to lose money for your gain and it perpetuates the creation of more garbage alt coins to scam people?

Just wasted an hour reading about all of these stupid HYIP sites. Really???

Well anyway, I hate the idea and hate the idea of participating in it even more. As a community we end up in a conflict of interest.... We are supposed to look out for one another on here yet our purpose for investing in these sites is to cash in and cash out quickly before the scheme collapses.... screwing the members who cashed in just a little too late.

It's really sad. This is not a community.

Instead of real investing opportunities with serious intentions people lose time with these obvious scams that they know will certainly hurt others and leave one scammer laughing.

It sickens me!

Please stop this on the forum!! Ban these obvious scams from the beginning! Don't accept signature money from scammers!

Angry

I completely agree with you. Even if the scammer doesn't pay out too much in the beginning (although I know this is false as the last one I saw paid out $40,000 after taking in $80,000.... over a TWO WEEK period), we still shouldn't enable something so stupid. The aforementioned scammer made $40,000 in 2 weeks which is crazy.
The reason this worked is because people are greedy. Period, end of discussion. They wanted to make unrealistic returns for the short time before they would run away with investors' money (but did not know when this would happen). Some people profited and some people got the short end of the straw
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

You realize this behavior causes other people to lose money for your gain and it perpetuates the creation of more garbage alt coins to scam people?

Just wasted an hour reading about all of these stupid HYIP sites. Really???

Well anyway, I hate the idea and hate the idea of participating in it even more. As a community we end up in a conflict of interest.... We are supposed to look out for one another on here yet our purpose for investing in these sites is to cash in and cash out quickly before the scheme collapses.... screwing the members who cashed in just a little too late.

It's really sad. This is not a community.

Instead of real investing opportunities with serious intentions people lose time with these obvious scams that they know will certainly hurt others and leave one scammer laughing.

It sickens me!

Please stop this on the forum!! Ban these obvious scams from the beginning! Don't accept signature money from scammers!

Angry

Totally agreed!

Please stop spreading these things with paid signatures.

It doesn't help!
Pages:
Jump to: