Pages:
Author

Topic: 45% drop - this is new territory, never seen before - page 5. (Read 964 times)

Activity: 328
Merit: 252
It is amazing to see the so-called "investors" in here only react on emotion and anecdotes, but not be able to do simple mathematics

It's amazing how some people can selectively ignore whole posts that don't fit their narrative...
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
Anything below 50% is normal in my honest opinion and nothing to worry at this stage. However, I do believe that the correction will help Bitcoin to stabilize itself and grow in the long run at a sustainable rate. We have seen almost 1,000% growth in last 6 months and why we are worrying about 45% drop? Things are moving in right direction and correction was essential at this stage so enjoy the situation.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
OP must be new here, the little cutie. Congrats on your patience waiting for a drop. I see it's been fudding diligently for months with stunning unsubtlety. Enjoy your opportunity and I hope you make the most of it.
Activity: 987
Merit: 289
Blue0x.com
       We are looking at the great correction happening today guys. Great corrections has already happened a lot in the past. It's just that it isn't as big and as fast as the current great correction. But if you think about it, this correction is just right and oretty logical since the price rise in bitcoin for the oast few weeks were really fast and high. I think this is rather a good thing and quite healthy for bitcoin to he honest. Plus it gets rid of those greedy bastards only investing in bitcoin because of profitability wothout evem understanding how it works and what problems it solves.
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
In less than 100 hours the price dropped from 19.700$ to 10.890$. That is a 45% drop.

There has never been a drop like this in such short time in the full history of Bitcoin.

Ever.

"volatility is normal in crypto" I hear many say. But not like what we see today. We have never ever seen anything like this.

It looks dramatic, but $1150 down to $570 was a 50% drop which only took 336 hours.  This wasn't that much faster, but still, it is a new record.  And at one point, Bitcoin had lost a whopping 85% of it's value after that brief previous all-time-high in 2013.  It's only a major concern to those who are currently down on their original investment.  The rest of us are accustomed to this kind of volatility.  We're always breaking new records, this latest one just might be less popular than others.
Activity: 238
Merit: 109

I don't really agree to your assumption that bitcoin never went such a dump in short time. According to this chart, there was a massive dump of 72% in 2010 and the last dump in November was also 30% in 4 days. There is nothing new in this dump. Yeah, the fall in USD must be quite high, but percentage wise it is just another dump.

All the large dumps you show took place over much longer timescales. Price now dropped to below 11000 this time, so your calculation for the current drop is fake news - you have manipulated it
Activity: 1400
Merit: 347
Some people were saying futures markets would "legitimize" bitcoin.

Thats your "legitimizing" right there. They want it to be like gold and silver, completely useless.

Also, creating artificial "bubbles" through pumping from funds is a quick way to implement "regulations" (read censorship) in crypto-currencies.
Activity: 643
Merit: 264
In less than 100 hours the price dropped from 19.700$ to 10.890$. That is a 45% drop.

There has never been a drop like this in such short time in the full history of Bitcoin.

Ever.

"volatility is normal in crypto" I hear many say. But not like what we see today. We have never ever seen anything like this.

2013-12-02 btc dropped 53% ..

Add some bad news to the equation and it all seems much more understandable.

I agree with that - but it does not change the simple fact that what we have seen in the last 4 does is not normal. We have never seen anything like that in Bitcoin before. That is just pure mathematics.
Activity: 896
Merit: 521

I don't really agree to your assumption that bitcoin never went such a dump in short time. According to this chart, there was a massive dump of 72% in 2010 and the last dump in November was also 30% in 4 days. There is nothing new in this dump. Yeah, the fall in USD must be quite high, but percentage wise it is just another dump.

Ever.

Erm, yes there has, we saw it earlier this year at least once already or are you that short minded or too lazy to look in to the past? The same thing happened when China shut down exchanges and blocked ICOs.

No it hasn't - you are simply factually wrong.

The largest drops we have seen this year are:

In September from 4950 down to 3226. This is "only" a 35% drop. And that drop took 13 days.
In June from 3018 down to 1938. This is "only" a 36% drop. And that drop took 35 days.

The drop right now is 45% in less than 4 days.

It is amazing to see the so-called "investors" in here only react on emotion and anecdotes, but not be able to do simple mathematics
Activity: 420
Merit: 100

Ever.

if we buy at the price of $ 17-19k we are very distressed if the price drops with this much value, but not until you sell it at a cheap price because it is very detrimental to you, hold your bitcoin until the price back up. or you can play altcoin that can use bitcoin to multiply your bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
Where other people panic, I get exited. Nothing really big happened to explain this, other than CoinBase starting to enable BCash

on the exchange and people going into panic mode, when the price dropped a little. The trigger affect was more people dumping

and speculators extracting their coins to protect their profits. We knew a correction was due.. and we prepared for that. The

thing that makes me excited is the new opportunity to buy bitcoins at a more realistic price. {cheaper price} If this bounce back

to $18 000 or even $20 000, then we will make much bigger profits.  Grin
Activity: 134
Merit: 12
I wouldn't be surprised to see it go back to $5000 before it accelerates to new heights again. No need to be worried. I've seen worse things happening on the stock exchanges in the past 10 years.

agree! don't get panic! "hodl" your coins and relax, 2018 gonna be huge!
Activity: 328
Merit: 252
a few _days_ ago it gre by 1000$ in some 2 minutes. 120 seconds. Is it _really_ unseen territory?

Also, I recall a 50-some% drop smetime in 2011... guess most people don't go that far back?

Oh, not to mention the collapse in 2013?

Nope. 1000$ drop a few days was not that much in % because the price was high.

Previous crashes had the effects of Mt.Gox being the largest impact. Price dropped 36% over 2 months, and then for a total of 80% over some 6-8 months. But note the timescale here - months. Never this sharp a drop this fast.

I was referring to a 1000$ rise not drop. Growth was faster than it's been before, that's what I was pointing to.

Also, if you really are fixated with history and mathematics, use historical data https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/price/

April 9 2013 to April 11 2013, then April 13 and 16.
Activity: 182
Merit: 122
It as recovered what it lost in the last 5 hours.
It is back to $13,320 now and bouncing to what it was yesterday.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
I wouldn't be surprised to see it go back to $5000 before it accelerates to new heights again. No need to be worried. I've seen worse things happening on the stock exchanges in the past 10 years.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
a few _days_ ago it gre by 1000$ in some 2 minutes. 120 seconds. Is it _really_ unseen territory?

Also, I recall a 50-some% drop smetime in 2011... guess most people don't go that far back?

Oh, not to mention the collapse in 2013?

Nope. 1000$ drop a few days was not that much in % because the price was high.

Previous crashes had the effects of Mt.Gox being the largest impact. Price dropped 36% over 2 months, and then for a total of 80% over some 6-8 months. But note the timescale here - months. Never this sharp a drop this fast.
The drop wasn't as sharp back in 2013 when Mt. Gox went down, but you should also keep in mind that the price wasn't rising as much and for as long as now.
This correction was bound to happen, no way that this kind of growth was sustainable in the long run.

Add some bad news to the equation and it all seems much more understandable.
Activity: 276
Merit: 103
Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

Ever.

Erm, yes there has, we saw it earlier this year at least once already or are you that short minded or too lazy to look in to the past? The same thing happened when China shut down exchanges and blocked ICOs.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
It's important to keep in my how long it was at 20k. If it had been holding steady at that price for a month or so (with lots of people buying at that price) and then dropped to 11k that would be a lot more alarming than what happened, which is that it only hit 20k for a brief moment without much volume before going back down.
Pages:
Jump to: