Pages:
Author

Topic: 45% drop - this is new territory, never seen before - page 6. (Read 964 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 109
Its crypto, anything can happend in matter of second.

No, this is plain wrong. That is why mathematics is your friend. You can calculate what is normal. You can calculate what has happened before.

What we have seen in the past 100 hours is something we have never seen before. That is fact.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
Its crypto, anything can happend in matter of second. i found it very interesting cause when the price drop people start panicking and sell whatever coin they hold and the price will keep drop, all crypto have no value its all just bassed on demand. Try to buy it again the price will up again xD (with large scale ofc)
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
Harmony for One and All
It is the good chance to get in Bitcoin whoever felt missed the bitcoin train. Still so much we can make much greater Bitcoin in 2018
Never seen before? you clearly do not understand how the market works.

Are you drunk? It is simple mathematics. 19700 to 10890 comes to 45%. What part of that is it that you do not understand?
a few _days_ ago it gre by 1000$ in some 2 minutes. 120 seconds. Is it _really_ unseen territory?

Also, I recall a 50-some% drop smetime in 2011... guess most people don't go that far back?

Oh, not to mention the collapse in 2013?

Nope. 1000$ drop a few days was not that much in % because the price was high.

Previous crashes had the effects of Mt.Gox being the largest impact. Price dropped 36% over 2 months, and then for a total of 80% over some 6-8 months. But note the timescale here - months. Never this sharp a drop this fast.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
Bitcoin barely existed a single decade, so we have very little data to compare this correction to. This drop just once again showed how volatile crypto is, like you said. It just simply dropped faster compared to past corrections as we went up more than 2x in a single month. Probably just a healthy correction in my opinion due to all the hype bitcoin has been getting over the news and social media.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
"Highest ROI crypto infrastructure"
Never seen before? you clearly do not understand how the market works.
It went from 20k to less than 11k, and yes, it happened, but why are you so depressed about it? I would bet all my funds that you did not even bought at 20k, so you are not in a loss of 45%.
Activity: 328
Merit: 252
a few _days_ ago it gre by 1000$ in some 2 minutes. 120 seconds. Is it _really_ unseen territory?

Also, I recall a 50-some% drop smetime in 2011... guess most people don't go that far back?

Oh, not to mention the collapse in 2013?
In less than 100 hours the price dropped from 19.700$ to 10.890$. That is a 45% drop.

There has never been a drop like this in such short time in the full history of Bitcoin.

Ever.

"volatility is normal in crypto" I hear many say. But not like what we see today. We have never ever seen anything like this.
Pages:
Jump to: