Pages:
Author

Topic: 5 Billion Barrels of Oil Backed Venezulean Cryptocurrency (Read 220 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 264
Did Putin help to Venezuella to release its oil backed Petro currency ? What was Trump's insult to the Petro currency? Is there a secret fight on the blockchain between the US and Russia ?

https://www.ccn.com/russia-secretly-helped-venezuela-launch-the-crypto-petro-report/
https://www.aninews.in/news/world/us/venezuela-slams-donald-trump-for-banning-its-cryptocurrency201803210345030002/
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
Until the end of time
I read the news this morning and I am so happy about. It is good news to the crypto space. I will like to see more Government move into cryptocurrency adoption this will make cryptos go mainstream.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
I read about this Venezuelan adopting crytocurrency and backing it  crude oil  and was so impressed and the wide acceptance of crypto currency and blockchain technology is really awesome and I think it is a massive boost for the crypto ecosystem.
Venezuela is preparing to release a new gold-backed currency in the name of "petro gold". The Venezuelan president is thinking about getting rid of American financial sanctions with the crypto-related currencies.  http://www.novinite.com/articles/188164/Venezuela+will+Release+Another+Virtual+Currency
Activity: 672
Today I heard about it on TV, I heard that the Venezuelan ICO attracted a very large amount, I honestly did not see anything incomprehensible and the information was not there, but it's very nice to see people on TV talking about crypto-currencies
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
Well if this is really going to help the Economy and get the people and country out of this mess, then why not? I think it is very clever and I really hope that he airdrops some of it to the locals so they benefit or he does something great to jump start the economy and not have to rely on the U.S or other big powers that be to force him into submission. I do hope he has the PETRO created to benefit the people though and not become a heartless dictator and steal all the wealth otherwise that will be very bad fr everyone and will give a very bad name to crypto as well which is not what we want at all.
Could this be an example in terms of other countries facing economic problems ? Countries begin to run their own crypto currencies ? This may be an alternative method to the Swift payment system?
Activity: 232
Merit: 103
Shame on anyone who helps this murdering dictator. Shun this coin!
Activity: 616
Merit: 30
It's what inspired me to finally enter the crypto market after years of watching and doubting. I think that cryptocurrency can help countries like Venezuela, as well as many others, escape the economic bullying that is done by The US and its allied countries. It's a brilliant move by Maduro, and I have high expectations for it.
US and allies will try to threat venezuelan but I'm interested to see what will be happening with petro as the first cryptocurrency backed by oil to be released by maduro.
A lot of responses from various countries about that. But US is against what will be doing by maduro with its first crypto backed oil. This seems to be a very good move. Some people are interested in to join with it. 
i will be looking forward about this.action the maduro does is one reason why bitcoin will grow soon.releasing currency specifically dedicated for a country is a positive news for crypto.and the market will make good movement sincd this is a great position of venezuelan government
Activity: 585
Merit: 251
Why would you want to back something this centralized? Stick with btc and good altcoins.

Venezuela has no way out because of the embargo imposed by the United States. Deepening poverty forces the president to look for other sources of financing. I am curious if they will succeed.
Activity: 602
What do you think about worlds first state backed "Petro" currency ? I have read about some articles about it. President Madura has made statements about Petro on state tv channel. I found this very interesting
This is certainly a joyful news, which contributes to the development of the Crypto-currency. Creation of a crypto currency in the state is a very brave step, now the ruler of the country will be succumbing to pressure from some countries. I would like that the situation in the country improved.
QFT
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Why would you want to back something this centralized? Stick with btc and good altcoins.
Here i found a video named Maduro seeks new heroes for Petro currency. https://www.usatoday.com/videos/money/2018/02/21/venezuelas-maduro-seeks-new-hero-petro-currency/110665180/  . There are pro mining equipment in that video )) What a man. That looks like States wanna solve the economic problems through cryptographic values..

Activity: 462
Merit: 12
It's crazy how they raised 750m in the first day. Honestly, I can't see how investors can trust a government that went bankrupt and managed their financials so bad.  Also,  I haven't found enough info about the same or who's buying it's not as transparent as it suppose to be IMHO.
Activity: 336
Well, if this coin will be at the state level, then really a large-scale project and I think they should be interested in how very rich people so simple so you need to understand it better and also buy a few
Activity: 280
Merit: 20
this is not very clear why we have to back oil with the blockchain. I think this is a silly use case scenario.
Activity: 686
Merit: 102
OMG!, Petro raised 735m USD in the first day of its pre-sale. The goal of funding is 2.088.000.000 USD. Wow it could be greater than the Telegram ico. 1 Petro's price is 60 USD.

http://www.elpetro.gob.ve/index-en.html
http://www.elpetro.gob.ve/Whitepaper_Petro_en.pdf

May it be possible, that after ICO price will fall down and this is just example how to invest in pumping coin, and have 0 in the end?
Or here we have absolutely another story, that can change not whole the world, but Venezuela's economy and will help win the crisis?
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Certainly smells fishy. I'll be steering clear haha
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
I don't think this is a good news. This country just wants to use cryptocurrency to break through America's restrictions on this country.
However, it is possible that the us could ban the exchange of encrypted currencies because the cryptocurrency could break through US sanctions against other countries. Angry
Activity: 280
Merit: 110
I dont know why any investor with a right mind would put his money in this piece of shit.
First they are backing-up this coin with petrol that is worthless due to the embargo they have. So they cant do nothing with that petrol.
Second why would you invest in a goverment that is bankrupt. They will use the money to pay some dept or to steal it.
If you read some news about the venezuela goverment you will clearly see that they are ruled by corupt politician.

And to make a pararalel. Would you invest in a company where you know that it`s CEO is a scammer and the company is bankrupt? I think no.
Pages:
Jump to: