Pages:
Author

Topic: 5 Reasons Bitcoin Is Not A Bubble - page 3. (Read 1024 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 250
October 28, 2017, 03:47:51 PM
Bitcoin is not a bubble. Because the bubble can explode and fly in a short time.
1. Bitcoin is a valuable currency.
2. Anyone who wants to own a bitcoin.
3. The profit of bitcoin is very high.
4. Bitcoin does not explode fast and does not go away.
5. All countries use and invest bitcoin.

I agree, bitcoin will not explode like money. because, bitcoin is not a bubble(likens creation continuous bitcoins, and effects from quantities, bitcoins have a fixed value , and not with circulation.(p) subtance), the creation bitcoin is fix, so bitcoin will not explode. but bitcoins have high fluctuating values, and large damaged values, because the nature of trading, monopoly with some one can happen, bitcoin is a subcurency created by minus from real money.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
October 28, 2017, 02:59:38 PM
If a good number of people adopt Bitcoin and agree that it's money then it can be self-fulfilling prophecy, but this should be based on real rational expectations, Bitcoin as a store of value, unit of account, and medium of exchange, not merely a speculative vehicle which would end up in a self-fulfilling irrational speculative equilibrium which isn't good.

Bitcoin is dualistic in nature, as a currency and a commodity, it is good and bad, speculators make it a too volatile medium of exchange, but for widespread adoption and putting an end to bubble theory, Bitcoin needs to get adopted as a currency. Merchant adoption is the key.

Brilliant comment! Thanks for that!

Question. Might it be accurate to say everything said in your quote above applied to gold and precious metals in previous eras when gold and silver were commonly utilized as both speculative vehicles and currencies? I'm far from being an expert on volatility and trading history of precious metals. Would not be surprised to learn there are interesting analogies which might be drawn between the crypto of today and the gold/silver of past ages.

Also in regard to crypto volatility, it is possible we might eventually reach a saturation point where enough relative unknowns in crypto are quantified or eliminated for volatility to decrease by a significant proportion. Being near to the early adoption phase leaves room for growing pains but there could be a future era where the technology matures enough for the wild price fluctuations to become minimalized.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
October 28, 2017, 10:25:06 AM
The main reason bitcoin is not mainstream yet is because his circulating supply doesn't show the real amount of bitcoins that are in circulation. there are about 4 Milliion lost bitcoins(Estimated), which means that the market cap is not 100M$ as it claims to be, it is much less then that.

Also, bitcoin hasn't gone mainstream yet, and once it goes the price will significantly increase, much more then the levels of 5000-6000$ at the moment.

Bitcoin future is very bright in my opinion.

beside that, only people which knew bitcoin will using bitcoin and if bitcoin is a bubble then only bitcoin user will know. people in out there don't know bitcoin as bubble but they only know that bitcoin is a scam things that they should avoid. but once many people is adopting bitcoin and bitcoin become to be mainstream then we can see bitcoin maybe become a bubble. i think in next year, we can see the price is increase higher and in that time, bitcoin will be one thing that people search to make money and we can see how much the aount of bitcoin that are in circulation.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
October 28, 2017, 10:16:54 AM
The main reason bitcoin is not mainstream yet is because his circulating supply doesn't show the real amount of bitcoins that are in circulation. there are about 4 Milliion lost bitcoins(Estimated), which means that the market cap is not 100M$ as it claims to be, it is much less then that.

Also, bitcoin hasn't gone mainstream yet, and once it goes the price will significantly increase, much more then the levels of 5000-6000$ at the moment.

Lost Bitcoins will not add value to Bitcoin because the missing Bitcoins are not on the market, so they do not create any transaction traffic.
I would say it does affect somehow on bitcoins price knowing that the lesser of the supply the more valuable it would be but would really depend on the demand of bitcoins.The more the higher of the price. Bitcoin isn't a bubble since its a thing that do really have real world usage and new payment innovations which most people do see that this would really be beneficial for their transactions and at the same time this thing do gives an opportunity for us to make money.
No matter how those economist do tell about bitcoin that its a fraud or bubble but yet those words wont really affect us.
Activity: 336
Merit: 252
October 28, 2017, 10:12:57 AM
I've stated this multiple times before and I still  stand by my point of view. Bitcoin is not in a bubble (yet). I strongly agree with those three points you quoted. People who claim that bitcoin is too hype and speculation relient are wrong. Speculation is only a small portion of the reason why bitcoin is growing at this rate. The main reasons, in my opinion, are: scarcity (which results in no inflation) and a growing demand. That's why people often compare bitcoin to gold (I think the two shouldn't be compared in any way but the way how they create value has similarities).
Activity: 3038
Merit: 634
October 28, 2017, 10:00:36 AM
Lost Bitcoins will not add value to Bitcoin because the missing Bitcoins are not on the market, so they do not create any transaction traffic.

They will add value to bitcoin in terms of limiting the supply in the circulation of it's market. And this is why law of supply and demand is what bitcoin depending in.

The lesser supply of bitcoin in the circulation it means that there will be bigger demand and that results to the price to increase.

And those lost bitcoins will be lost forever, that's why though they are lost forever they still add value to bitcoin.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
October 28, 2017, 09:49:16 AM
Its not a bubble in the sense that it was called a bubble in 2013-14 because of wider adoption of btc. The market rates, while high, do not indicate any attempt by any party/ies to pump and dump. In so far as that argument is concerned, btc isn't a bubble.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 536
October 28, 2017, 09:33:12 AM

Activity: 476
Merit: 259
October 28, 2017, 09:20:06 AM

Activity: 308
Merit: 251
October 28, 2017, 07:49:53 AM
That’s interesting to read and obviously worth reading than those members replies claiming it was a bubble without giving much information other than it goes from this price to that. This is just my two satoshi about this narrative. I think those are the ones who badly need to buy bitcoin but hesitant at this price and the only solution is giving panic atmosphere to drop the price and that’s it.
Activity: 618
Merit: 154
October 28, 2017, 07:05:20 AM
Grin . A bubble? Everyone seem to be talking this way. I think it is the economists that classified it so going by the way bitcoin is - what can't be felt, not tangible etc is seen as such in economics.

Meanwhile, I also see it as a bubble. Is it like we are expecting it burst very soon.  Roll Eyes. If the burst comes, is either going to see the price up high or down below. I'm still holding though.
You don’t get why people call it a bubble, do you? The name bubble is just being used as a slang for Bitcoin and that’s due to its high rate of volatility. Yes you’re seeing it as a bubble when the price is increasing, and what really happens when it bursts? Price will immediately run down to the lowest amount.
Activity: 867
Merit: 522
October 28, 2017, 01:49:24 AM
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1079
October 28, 2017, 01:30:57 AM
Bitcoin isn't a bubble, but currently it is used more as a speculative asset. No denying the fact that scarcity, technology, utility, adoption, recognition are the fundamentals, but the market right now is driven more by speculation and that might be good, might not be. There has to be an equilibrium where transactional, reservation, and speculative demand are somewhat same.

If a good number of people adopt Bitcoin and agree that it's money then it can be self-fulfilling prophecy, but this should be based on real rational expectations, Bitcoin as a store of value, unit of account, and medium of exchange, not merely a speculative vehicle which would end up in a self-fulfilling irrational speculative equilibrium which isn't good.

Bitcoin is dualistic in nature, as a currency and a commodity, it is good and bad, speculators make it a too volatile medium of exchange, but for widespread adoption and putting an end to bubble theory, Bitcoin needs to get adopted as a currency. Merchant adoption is the key.
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
October 28, 2017, 12:59:21 AM
When some media and economist comment about bitcoin they always say that it is bubble. well they don't understand how and what bitcoins is and the blockchain technology. They can't accept the fact that it will be a new innovation for the new monetary system. they just want to stick in the old banking system because that's their business actually. Bitcoin is not perfect yet but the blockchain is the new system of managing currency through digital network. It's just like fiat just over the internet. bitcoin is not a bubble not for now.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
October 28, 2017, 12:48:48 AM
Yep, yep, yep, yep, and yep.

I love reading articles, particularly with comments from high finance leaders, that claim Bitcoin is a bubble or bullshit or not worthy of investment while completely ignoring all of the characteristics listed above.

You can't compare Bitcoin to a stock and you can't ignore the characteristics of Bitcoin that make it valuable to the world. Period.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
October 27, 2017, 10:41:06 PM
Some people may call it a bubble because of it's nature. Unlike other currency with gold backing it up. But wait why do people always says that bitcoin is just like the "dot com bubble"? Wherein it is way too different from that, from the start bitcoin never promise anything what it did was it just gave an option for people to use as an alternative currency.

More and more people are supporting bitcoin so if it is a bubble those people are avoiding the bubble to burst and I don't think that those people will let it burst.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
October 27, 2017, 06:26:51 PM
I agree with you, bro. I don't think bitcoin is a bubble. It's kind of like gold in physic world to me. If everyone view gold as a format of property, then it's a property. So as bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
October 27, 2017, 05:56:04 PM
Bitcoin may be a bubble - so what?

If bitcoin is a bubble, the price of btc should fall significantly after the bubble pops. There would be a massive bust cycle to compliment the large boom cycle we've witnessed recently. That could be why its a relevent and sometimes hotly debated point.

There are a lot of people were convinced bitcoin was a bubble after it hit $2,500. There's a chance the media is fooling people into believing btc is a bubble when its not, which could cause the price to decrease. Those are some of the main implications and circumstances surrounding it.

To help put things into perspective, the 2008 economic crisis was caused by a housing/derivatives bubble bursting. A btc bubble wouldn't be nearly as damaging. But there could be some damage done. Sometimes it might be worth discussing bubbles, if it means those types of crisis can be averted.
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
October 27, 2017, 01:39:21 PM
Bitcoin may be a bubble - so what?

It's only a 'so what' if you think you can sell fast enough when the bubble bursts.
What are you saying mate, bitcoin is the most importance and the valuable thing so we will have to be worry about the bitcoin I use the bitcoin and I am very concern about the selling and the buying of the bitcoin. it is time to buy the bitcoin and to hold for the long time I use the bitcoin and I hold the value and the importance for all the people I use the value bitcoin and the income of the bitcoin  so it is  very important for me to be the bitcoin seller at the high price.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 624
October 27, 2017, 06:58:51 AM
 Grin . A bubble? Everyone seem to be talking this way. I think it is the economists that classified it so going by the way bitcoin is - what can't be felt, not tangible etc is seen as such in economics.

Meanwhile, I also see it as a bubble. Is it like we are expecting it burst very soon.  Roll Eyes. If the burst comes, is either going to see the price up high or down below. I'm still holding though.
Pages:
Jump to: