Pages:
Author

Topic: 5 Resources to teach Average Joe about Bitcoin (Read 1931 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 159
December 09, 2023, 01:44:03 AM

Hello, @fillippone I will like to translate this topic of yours to my local board (Naija local board).pidgin

When you translate this topic in your own language, be sure to find resources in your language as well.
What is the point of translating the thread if the linked resources are in English?

Find 5 resources in Russian or pidgin, if you want to translate the thread, please.

If I could understand your point well, you mean I should identify five reasons in Pidgin if I want to translate the thread? Am I right?

Yes, based on the thread, you give some tangible and educational links that will help a beginner accumulate or achieve bitcoin, and you also explain how a beginner to bitcoin can truly understand what bitcoin is all about.
Seeing this great and educational thread that will improve a lot on my local board is the main reason I developed an interest in translating this thread. because many members of my local board understand pidgin, even though some understand English, but sharing this thread with my local board will increase the number of those who join the forum without knowing what bitcoin is all about or even what the forum is all about, and some like to explain bitcoin to others but find it difficult to give reasons for the advantages of bitcoin. But if I share this thread with them, I think some of these issues will be reduced, and bitcoin will be understood more on my local board because all the information is already in the thread.

If I have in any way made mistakes in not answering the question correctly, please forgive me because no human being is perfect.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
Russian
5 Resources to teach Average Joe about Bitcoin
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/5-btc-5457628

Hello, @fillippone I will like to translate this topic of yours to my local board (Naija local board).pidgin

When you translate this topic in your own language, be sure to find resources in your language as well.
What is the point of translating the thread if the linked resources are in English?

Find 5 resources in Russian or pidgin, if you want to translate the thread, please.
Activity: 65
Merit: 3
video tutorials udemy.com/topic/cryptocurrency/free/
Activity: 252
Merit: 159
Activity: 82
Merit: 2
You spent time educating me here just viewing few links I'd got details of what have been kinda hidden to me for a long while
  • Bitcoin for Beginners
    A playlist of introductory videos from Andreas Antonopoulos, covering a different aspect of Bitcoin, what is it, how to buy, where and how to store it...
Thank you
[/li]
[li]Modeling Bitcoin's Value with Scarcity
A Basic, simple and yet fascinating model to value Bitcoin. Not financial advice.
Thank you
From few views of the links I've seen that although halving is very good for Bitcoin SF we have one more thing to fear ...and that is a competing digital currency if there's any that is greatly competing then halving effect becomes minimized.
Also our current fiat currency is breaking in shambles we need to ensure we have quite a good number of Bitcoin.NFA

The link added below could be an entry point to getting more details about Bitcoin Scarcity and Decentralization...meant to be a learning link for newbies who'd be needing information regarding this features of Bitcoin

I'd like to add this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5462150.new#new
[/list][/list]
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124
Russian
This topic has always been in my suggestion list whenever any member ask that what are good sources to get information about bitcoin as beginners as it complies different resources for them at one place with authentic information rather then relying on fake sites spreading wrong information about bitcoin by people like Roger Ver so it's great that you have translated the topic.

I would recommend you to made a announcement in this thread as well so @fillippone can update this in the OP in that particular thread and others who might be willing to translate it don't waste time on it for the same local language.Altough I am sure if you have talk with him about the same but as this topic is new to his translation thread history so asking just to add it there as well.

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 4213
Russian
legendary
Hi, @fillippone. Thanks Again For your good initiative. As I can see, There was another Translation of this post On my local board with the same source you provided. Which is not going to help those who are not experts in English that much. But here I did differently, I provided Local sources so that newbies (like me) can learn more about Bitcoin. There is less dedicated bitcoin website in Bangladesh just because Bitcoin and cryptocurrency are not legal there. Hope Bangladesh Government will unban crypto soon. and we will get more dedicated websites about bitcoin. There was more website about bitcoin, but due to legal problem. They have been forced to shut down their website. So it's always tough to find sources for newbies like me. I Added 5 Useful Sources at this moment. I could add Youtube videos if I want. but that's not going to help them that much. I will update this post often as soon as I find new sources.

Here is my Translation: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.58512511

Thank you @naim027 for your good work!
Yes, of course, you did the right thing trying to find resources in your local language. This is exactly the purpose of the thread!
I will add your translation to the OP!
Activity: 476
Merit: 523
Hi, @fillippone. Thanks Again For your good initiative. As I can see, There was another Translation of this post On my local board with the same source you provided. Which is not going to help those who are not experts in English that much. But here I did differently, I provided Local sources so that newbies (like me) can learn more about Bitcoin. There is less dedicated bitcoin website in Bangladesh just because Bitcoin and cryptocurrency are not legal there. Hope Bangladesh Government will unban crypto soon. and we will get more dedicated websites about bitcoin. There was more website about bitcoin, but due to legal problem. They have been forced to shut down their website. So it's always tough to find sources for newbies like me. I Added 5 Useful Sources at this moment. I could add Youtube videos if I want. but that's not going to help them that much. I will update this post often as soon as I find new sources.

Here is my Translation: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.58512511
Activity: 42
Merit: 18
Usually before answering questions, if he can speak Chinese, I would recommend him to watch this video collection, which is a 100 questions about blockchain produced by Huobi Exchange.
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Lt411T7rg?from=search&seid=2934826109953210292
Unfortunately, I did not find the English version. If necessary, I can translate the text version into English.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 7007
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
As @tranthuding said, I already translated the topic, and you even commented there and share one resource (that I just added to the first post).
Yeah, I remember it now. The topic was not bumped since January and I totally forgot about it. You should bump your threads more often. It's your fault that I forgot. Grin I am sure there are other quality stuff that you have written hiding on long forgotten pages.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 9972
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
Bitcoin(digital currency) is the currency of the future. At the start of the last century, we used the coins of gold and silver. Then after it, paper currency takes its place . Time passed swiftly, The banks started the plastic money( ATM,s, credit cards, and master cards, etc. After soon the digital currency era started. At this time a large number of important banks, traders, businessmen are involved in the business of digital currency. In short, the future currency is ......the digital currency.

Bitcoin's innovation is NOT because of it being digital, even though its digitalness has allowed the facilitation of digital scarcity, which had never been achieved prior to bitcoin's various ways of incorporating proof of work across a network that could be verified and confirmed by peers.

There are lot of folks who would like you and me (us) to believe that there is some kind of magic in the digital aspects of money, but there are a whole hell of a lot of snake oil salesmen out there that want to either distract you into believing in their product or failing/refusing to recognize the true innovations of bitcoin - that are quite likely going to continue to exist in spite of various hard, social and even descriptive attacks on bitcoin.

Sure, if you want to get distracted into a variety of technical mumbo jumbo and various digital projects or even conceptualizing bitcoin as merely another one of many "digital" peers, no problem, but hopefully on a personal level you are creating a decent amount of stock and stack in bitcoin before getting too distracted by various other digital systems that may or may not complement bitcoin.. even though some people say that everything ends up being good for bitcoin (whether attack or not), so sure you can play with your various shitty projects that you want to erroneously conceptualize as bitcoin's equal, and even attack bitcoin in a variety of ways with poor amorphous and inadequate descriptions of it, but in the end, value is still going to gravitate into bitcoin and you can take the long route of playing around with other projects that you believe are very similar to bitcoin or the shorter route that at least recognizes bitcoin as our savior king daddy in terms of actual foundational values.    Wink  Perhaps you will thank me later.
Activity: 396
Merit: 30
Bitcoin(digital currency) is the currency of the future. At the start of the last century, we used the coins of gold and silver. Then after it, paper currency takes its place . Time passed swiftly, The banks started the plastic money( ATM,s, credit cards, and master cards, etc. After soon the digital currency era started. At this time a large number of important banks, traders, businessmen are involved in the business of digital currency. In short, the future currency is ......the digital currency.
legendary

Regarding this topic, it proved it be useful in real life too. Few months ago my younger brother wanted to dive in crypto and didn't really knew where to start, so I just shared him topic. Few weeks later, he shared this topic to the couple of his buddies that wanted in as well Smiley.

Excellent! This is exactly why I started this thread and wanted as many translations as possible!
Hope many more will come in the future!
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 5882
Hi fillippone,
Do you know if this thread of yours was translated into Croatian? I can see that Rikafip mentioned about wanting to have that resource in the local boards, but I don't remember seeing the thread in the Croatian sub. Did anyone tell you that they translated it? Rikafip?
As @tranthuding said, I already translated the topic, and you even commented there and share one resource (that I just added to the first post).

Regarding this topic, it proved it be useful in real life too. Few months ago my younger brother wanted to dive in crypto and didn't really knew where to start, so I just shared him topic. Few weeks later, he shared this topic to the couple of his buddies that wanted in as well Smiley.
legendary
Hi fillippone,
Do you know if this thread of yours was translated into Croatian? I can see that Rikafip mentioned about wanting to have that resource in the local boards, but I don't remember seeing the thread in the Croatian sub. Did anyone tell you that they translated it? Rikafip?

I know, and I also merited that post when it was published.

I forgot to add it to the thread
Help me translate my best posts in your Local Board

Something I will do right now.
Thanks for the head-up
(wondering if I missed any other translation).
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 3858
There you go

Code:
https://bitcointalk.org/gettopics.php?user=2658890
You can change the userID to others when you need to quickly search for topics of other users, exclusively yours. With this method, you'll get a list of topics first, then you have to search with keywords to narrow down the list.

Additionally, you can narrow down the list by specific board id.

Rikafip's list of topics in Croatian board
Code:
https://bitcointalk.org/gettopics.php?user=2658890&board=201
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 7007
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
Hi fillippone,
legendary
I finally found a video I saw a lot of time ago: a very clear explanation of how a blockchain work, together with a complete website to play yourself:

Blockchain 101 - A Visual Demo

Summary:

This is a very basic visual introduction to the concepts behind a blockchain. We introduce the idea of an immutable ledger using an interactive web demo.

0:00 Intro
0:15 SHA256 Hash
2:18 Block
5:16 Blockchain
9:20 Distributed Blockchain
12:19 Tokens
14:36 Coinbase Transaction

Part 2 is here: https://youtu.be/xIDL_akeras

If you are interested in playing with this on your own, it is available online at:

http://anders.com/blockchain/

Warning. Timesink!

legendary
Why you might want to own some bitcoin (and how to do it responsibly)
A curriculum developer’s guide to learning Bitcoin in 2021

https://davidventuri.medium.com/bitcoin-learning-path-9ed73f2f11d9 (10 min read)
<...>

Thank you, a nice wrap up for beginners that gives the right idea of increased involvement in the ecosystem when you enter the rabbit hole.
Added to OP.
Pages:
Jump to: