Pages:
Author

Topic: 50 TH-miner - probably not for the kitchen... (Read 3887 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 504
Run a Bitcoin node.
Dam, soon 50 TH/s will be the new 5 GH/s.   Sad

Inevitable I know, but hate where this is all going.
Except you can't power it from a USB port.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
Dam, soon 50 TH/s will be the new 5 GH/s.   Sad

Inevitable I know, but hate where this is all going.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
All this will ASICMiner delivers 2PH @ $900/TH in 6 immersion cooled DataTank flat racks that can be reused for their next chip (at a cooling overhead of below 1%). Silent and dust free, no cold/hot aisle required.

Wet dreams indeed  Grin

Actual price might be higher as the immersion cooling tanks also have to be paid for, but yes, in 1~2 months Asicminer will deploy their new systems.

~$900/TH is for a total 2PH ASICMiner system in an immersion cooled container delivered to your doorstep. All you need is connect power and internet to the container and that's it.

2000 * ~$900 = ~$1.8M USD

It's a steal Grin

Your calculations seem off, the container alone is at least 0,6$ per watt, then you have to account for pcb cost, PSU cost, while chip cost alone is atleast another 0,5$ per GH.
1,3-1,5$ per GH seems a more reasonable number.

AM Gen3 chips aren´t more power efficient than 0,7W/GH.

Also keep in mind that Allied Control won´t sell you a container unless you can come up with the around 0,5-0,8 million dollars for the container alone.

My numbers are not off, they come straight from Allied Control. Ask them for a quote of a fully deployed AM BE200 container.

And I assumed you have tested the chips, otherwise you couldn't claim they are not more power efficient than 0,7W/G.

in their own advertisment they claim .5watts  vs the sp10's known .7 watts and the sp30's hopeful .46watts.

Asic's are approaching max efficiency   .3watt  just  as a guess.

We need a new way to hash.   a new chip not of asic design.    we went from 300watts a hash to the current .7 watts.

that is better then 400 to 1.   time for a new game. 

I am sure BFL will come out with the god-like miracle chip   The JOSHER tech.

the chip will have 1th of hash at 10 watts and use WTF tech to find solve the algorithm.

It will be only 500usd and available this DEC  please place your preorders now.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

We are accepting pre-orders for early July delivery!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .....  are you fukin kidding me... more pre-orders..

STOP  pre-ordering from these companies miners...  remember bfl... hashlast... cointerra....   

STOP PREORDERING
Activity: 161
Merit: 100

I assume you're not suggesting that open silicon may have 'introduced' more power consumption than needed, so it's probably back to the age old problem of simulation tools being unable to cope with the peculiarities of SHA256.

definitely not saying they deliberately did something bad.  just saying that they were responsible for the back end layout, and they could've done a better job.

actually, you're right... the sha256 designs have been notoriously difficult to simulate because the power estimation tools assume a toggle rate that doesn't match sha256 designs.  almost every single bitcoin mining chip has used more power than they first estimated.  sometimes wildly out like bfl's (10x?).. sometimes just 20% more, like cointerra's & hash fast's (both were assumed to be 0.6 w/gh and both ended up higher)
Several companies also vastly overestimated the DC/DC conversion efficiency, which further compounds chip inefficiencies.

Indeed. It's one thing dealing with 10 amps, but when you're up to 120 then the board layout, Mosfet on resistance and track sizes/thicknesses have to be looked at very carefully and most psu designers simply aren't used to dealing with such unusual parameters.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com

I assume you're not suggesting that open silicon may have 'introduced' more power consumption than needed, so it's probably back to the age old problem of simulation tools being unable to cope with the peculiarities of SHA256.

definitely not saying they deliberately did something bad.  just saying that they were responsible for the back end layout, and they could've done a better job.

actually, you're right... the sha256 designs have been notoriously difficult to simulate because the power estimation tools assume a toggle rate that doesn't match sha256 designs.  almost every single bitcoin mining chip has used more power than they first estimated.  sometimes wildly out like bfl's (10x?).. sometimes just 20% more, like cointerra's & hash fast's (both were assumed to be 0.6 w/gh and both ended up higher)
Several companies also vastly overestimated the DC/DC conversion efficiency, which further compounds chip inefficiencies.
Activity: 702
Merit: 500

definitely not saying they deliberately did something bad.  just saying that they were responsible for the back end layout, and they could've done a better job.

https://cointerra.com/cointerra-open-silicon-announce-tape-goldstrike1-asic/

Open Silicon = HighBitcoin = PeerNova, no?

So they seem to be making the GS1 chip for Cointerra, but now competing with Cointerra as well.

Same for Cloudhashing if they are indeed PeerNova. This is confusing.

Next thing we learn is that actually the Indian government is behind all this, while the Chinese government is behind the all the A* miners Wink

Each company does their own design for their chip.  The RTL design, as its called.

When they've finished with the RTL, they hire a 'back end' designer to do the physical design, which lays out the chip ready for production.

Open Silicon is a contractor.  they do the physical design and are the gateway to the fab.  they act like the fab's agent.

Every asic designer needs to go through a physical design partner to have their chip made.

KnCMiner went through alchip, hashfast went through uniquify, and cointerra went through open silicon.  And now, so did highbitcoin.

this is further confused, because the 'chairman emeritus' (whatever that is) of open silicon is naveed sherwani, who was also originally an advisor to cointerra, and is now president of highbitcoin, so yes, there is some contamination it seems.

this is also a bit weirder... as everyone knows cointerra had an unexpected 20% slower performance and 20% higher power consumption than they originally estimated, and this 'under performance' was introduced at the last minute during the physical design process by open silicon, thus if anything, open silicon was the weak link in cointerra's design process, and now highbitcoin will be using them for their physical design, so we'll see if open silicon makes the same contribution, and we'll see if highbitcoin's chip ends up slower and more power hungry than they expect, as well.

Goodness me, haven't they got an awful lot of people at the top? 10 VP's/ CE somethings, 3 Directors and 1 Advisor

Wonder what they all do. Between them they must cost that company over $3m a year in salaries, bonuses and benefits. It'll take an awful lot of their machines to pay for them let alone the cost of the actual hardware.

They'll just start a mining farm...like the other big boy's  Roll Eyes

i dont object to the idea that my mining has to be in a data centre.  it already is, for me.  i own my own hardware but i choose to host it in a professional place that they can keep cool, and give tlc to my machines when they need it (firmware updates, reboots, whatever it takes).

its clear that as the power requirements of these bitcoin miners in total gets higher (as its a never ending growth curve) then its also clear that these won't be in the home very long.  but that doesn't mean it becomes decentralised.   there's still a huge number of asic providers, and a huge number of hosting data centres... so all that has changed is that the mining is done in the cloud.. but it can still be owned, and controlled in a decentralised way

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
Goodness me, haven't they got an awful lot of people at the top? 10 VP's/ CE somethings, 3 Directors and 1 Advisor

Wonder what they all do. Between them they must cost that company over $3m a year in salaries, bonuses and benefits. It'll take an awful lot of their machines to pay for them let alone the cost of the actual hardware.

They'll just start a mining farm...like the other big boy's  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
We will remember the days when we could mine at home...

Exactly  Cry  Too much power @ too high a cost per kwh means....no contest....Datacenter Corp mining wins  Cry

So they seem to be making the GS1 chip for Cointerra, but now competing with Cointerra as well.

Next thing we learn is that actually the Indian government is behind all this, while the Chinese government is behind the all the A* miners Wink

Each company does their own design for their chip.  The RTL design, as its called.

When they've finished with the RTL, they hire a 'back end' designer to do the physical design, which lays out the chip ready for production.

Open Silicon is a contractor.  they do the physical design and are the gateway to the fab.  they act like the fab's agent.

Every asic designer needs to go through a physical design partner to have their chip made.

KnCMiner went through alchip, hashfast went through uniquify, and cointerra went through open silicon.  And now, so did highbitcoin.

this is further confused, because the 'chairman emeritus' (whatever that is) of open silicon is naveed sherwani, who was also originally an advisor to cointerra, and is now president of highbitcoin, so yes, there is some contamination it seems.

this is also a bit weirder... as everyone knows cointerra had an unexpected 20% slower performance and 20% higher power consumption than they originally estimated, and this 'under performance' was introduced at the last minute during the physical design process by open silicon, thus if anything, open silicon was the weak link in cointerra's design process, and now highbitcoin will be using them for their physical design, so we'll see if open silicon makes the same contribution, and we'll see if highbitcoin's chip ends up slower and more power hungry than they expect, as well.

Activity: 489
Immersionist

So did anybody contact them for  quote?

I though these guys make the GS1 chip for Cointerra?

wow.. hows that for crossed lines!?

er, no, cloudhashing (now renamed peernova) is a customer of cointerra.  cointerra designed and produced the chips and manufactured the systems containing the chips, and sold them to cloudhashing (amongst others).  cloudhashing then re-sells the gigahashes with a margin to end users.

wow.. hows that for crossed lines!?

er, no, cloudhashing (now renamed peernova) is a customer of cointerra.  cointerra designed and produced the chips and manufactured the systems containing the chips, and sold them to cloudhashing (amongst others).  cloudhashing then re-sells the gigahashes with a margin to end users.

Immersionist

Immersionist
All this will ASICMiner delivers 2PH @ $900/TH in 6 immersion cooled DataTank flat racks that can be reused for their next chip (at a cooling overhead of below 1%). Silent and dust free, no cold/hot aisle required.

Wet dreams indeed  Grin

Actual price might be higher as the immersion cooling tanks also have to be paid for, but yes, in 1~2 months Asicminer will deploy their new systems.

~$900/TH is for a total 2PH ASICMiner system in an immersion cooled container delivered to your doorstep. All you need is connect power and internet to the container and that's it.

It's a steal Grin

Your calculations seem off, the container alone is at least 0,6$ per watt, then you have to account for pcb cost, PSU cost, while chip cost alone is atleast another 0,5$ per GH.

Also keep in mind that Allied Control won´t sell you a container unless you can come up with the around 0,5-0,8 million dollars for the container alone.

My numbers are not off, they come straight from Allied Control. Ask them for a quote of a fully deployed AM BE200 container.

And I assumed you have tested the chips, otherwise you couldn't claim they are not more power efficient than 0,7W/G.
Activity: 714

Wet dreams indeed  Grin

It's a steal Grin

Immersionist

Wet dreams indeed  Grin

It's a steal Grin
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
We will remember the days when we could mine at home...
Pages:
Jump to: