Pages:
Author

Topic: $500 Amazon Giftcard for Btc (Read 1006 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Scam / Scammer Hunter
March 25, 2015, 02:38:04 PM
You can check how much is on it, but you cannot check that the buyer will charge back the purchase after you give him the website and get the gift card cancelled.

He may as well be paying by paypal with all the risks that carries. If you trust him not to cancel the payment then go for it, but be careful and dont expect anyone here to trust him just because you do.

Order the goods from Amazon to a trusted members house. Let them send you BTC once happy, but dont expect much better than 80% from what I have seen

EDIT: better yet, call him out on internet banking and demand he pay by bank transfer

fair enough. thanks buddy
Activity: 194
Merit: 10
March 25, 2015, 02:28:13 PM
You can check how much is on it, but you cannot check that the buyer will charge back the purchase after you give him the website and get the gift card cancelled.

He may as well be paying by paypal with all the risks that carries. If you trust him not to cancel the payment then go for it, but be careful and dont expect anyone here to trust him just because you do.

Order the goods from Amazon to a trusted members house. Let them send you BTC once happy, but dont expect much better than 80% from what I have seen

EDIT: better yet, call him out on internet banking and demand he pay by bank transfer
Scam / Scammer Hunter
March 25, 2015, 02:23:21 PM
i do trust him. but here people are not.

why should anyone here trust him, we dont even know who the hell you are on about. You are not much more than a 'newbie' yourself and have been nothing but rude, so please tell us, why should anyone trust you with $500 or trust this 'friend' you claim exists?

is there any way you can check an amazon giftcard? like see how much there is on it or stuff like that?
Scam / Scammer Hunter
March 25, 2015, 02:21:53 PM
This forum has gone DOWN HILL and i LOVE reading your idiotic replies.

newbie willing to use middle man STILL NO GOOD hahahahah

love it

keep the reading coming.

being a newbie yourself i find that hilarious
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
March 25, 2015, 02:11:55 PM
This forum has gone DOWN HILL and i LOVE reading your idiotic replies.

newbie willing to use middle man STILL NO GOOD hahahahah

love it

keep the reading coming.

March 25, 2015, 01:55:43 PM

why should anyone here trust him, we dont even know who the hell you are on about. You are not much more than a 'newbie' yourself and have been nothing but rude, so please tell us, why should anyone trust you with $500 or trust this 'friend' you claim exists?
March 25, 2015, 01:52:56 PM
Online banking is very common in the US, so his excuse of working hours smells fishy. As mentioned, a gift card is reversible just like any CC payment method.

I think he is attempting to scam you

thats why i use ESCROW. how dumb from a newbie to post a comment like that

haha, Escrow doesnt mean anything when he can cancel the gift card 3 months down the line

As you have already been told in this thread.

You are acting so dumb it smells fishy, noone is as stupid as you are acting in this thread. You are in on it, people should avoid you like the plague
Scam / Scammer Hunter
March 25, 2015, 01:49:44 PM

copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
March 25, 2015, 01:48:53 PM
You are essentially looking for the market rate which is pretty unusual to get even when a trusted member is selling any kind of gift card. As a brand new user I think you should be expecting to get no more then 80 to 85% of the value of any amazon gift card that you can sell

anything over 92% i might accept, it wont be such a big loss for me then
92% is probably unrealistic, even for a trusted member. Now that I think of it, even 85% is probably the upper range that someone who is well trusted would be able to get.

If someone wants an amazon gift card they can get a 100% guaranteed to be legit one from gyft for 97%

promoting something buddy? i am trying to make an exchange here. do you mind?

and saying that the website you pointed to sells legit amazon giftcards, do you mean mine is fake? i will let escrow check and decide that Smiley
Even if the escrow checks the gift card at the time of the transfer, it does not mean that it won't be reversed later due to it being purchased with a carded credit card.

I am not associated with gyft in any way, however most people on here are already aware of them

not helping me at all mate
I am just saying how it is. I am also letting any of your potential trading partners what precautions they should take.

like i said, escrow is compulsory. the escrow checks the validity of the giftcard FIRST then do the release for both sides.
And like I said just because a gift card appears to be loaded on an account does not mean the purchaser will actually be able to use it and that its value will not later be reversed.

WHAT? can that happen?
how do i check if the card i will be getting is genuine then?
damn this is getting difficult.

i thought it would be a simple exchange
You would need to buy something on Amazon for the entire amount and wait for the goods to be received however even then it is possible that the card is not legit and that you would get a visit from law enforcement. You can ask for a receipt showing it was paid for in cash but that can be faked.

You generally need to trust the person you are trading with when you buy gift cards.
Scam / Scammer Hunter
March 25, 2015, 01:46:18 PM
Online banking is very common in the US, so his excuse of working hours smells fishy. As mentioned, a gift card is reversible just like any CC payment method.

thats why i use ESCROW. how dumb from a newbie to post a comment like that
March 25, 2015, 01:45:03 PM

Scam / Scammer Hunter
March 25, 2015, 01:42:46 PM
i will in a couple of hours be paid by a $500 amazon giftcard.
will be EXCHANGING it for 2 Bitcoins.

anyone willing to grab it.

contact a reputable escrow service and you pay the fees.
make sure not an escrow service which even once lost the item in escrow.

Thank you

u sell or buy ?

exchange $500 amazon giftcard for 2 bitcoins
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
March 25, 2015, 01:41:48 PM
i will in a couple of hours be paid by a $500 amazon giftcard.
will be EXCHANGING it for 2 Bitcoins.

anyone willing to grab it.

contact a reputable escrow service and you pay the fees.
make sure not an escrow service which even once lost the item in escrow.

Thank you

u sell or buy ?
Scam / Scammer Hunter
March 25, 2015, 01:30:15 PM
You are essentially looking for the market rate which is pretty unusual to get even when a trusted member is selling any kind of gift card. As a brand new user I think you should be expecting to get no more then 80 to 85% of the value of any amazon gift card that you can sell

92% is probably unrealistic, even for a trusted member. Now that I think of it, even 85% is probably the upper range that someone who is well trusted would be able to get.

If someone wants an amazon gift card they can get a 100% guaranteed to be legit one from gyft for 97%

and saying that the website you pointed to sells legit amazon giftcards, do you mean mine is fake? i will let escrow check and decide that Smiley
Even if the escrow checks the gift card at the time of the transfer, it does not mean that it won't be reversed later due to it being purchased with a carded credit card.

I am not associated with gyft in any way, however most people on here are already aware of them

I am just saying how it is. I am also letting any of your potential trading partners what precautions they should take.

like i said, escrow is compulsory. the escrow checks the validity of the giftcard FIRST then do the release for both sides.
And like I said just because a gift card appears to be loaded on an account does not mean the purchaser will actually be able to use it and that its value will not later be reversed.

WHAT? can that happen?
how do i check if the card i will be getting is genuine then?
damn this is getting difficult.

i thought it would be a simple exchange
copper member
March 25, 2015, 01:28:49 PM

Scam / Scammer Hunter
March 25, 2015, 01:26:37 PM

copper member
March 25, 2015, 01:24:55 PM

Scam / Scammer Hunter
March 25, 2015, 01:22:38 PM

copper member
March 25, 2015, 01:17:36 PM

Scam / Scammer Hunter
March 25, 2015, 01:13:03 PM
any offer above 92% of $500 will be considered. escrow payment COMPULSORY.

escrow holds bitcoins. escrow checks giftcard.

Pages:
Jump to: